Walther PPK [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Walther PPK

clancy
01-20-2013, 20:29
My LGS has a used PPK for sale, $350. it seems in pretty good shape. There are a few handling marks, but it seems tight. It is West German made. It comes with the original box, and 2 mags. 1 mag is in great shape, the other mag looks as if it was fished up from the bottom of the Mediterranean. It is in such bad shape I will probably throw it away, should I decide to buy it.

Opinions, please?

itstime
01-20-2013, 20:34
I've never seen them below the 400 mark. It was a novelty item when I bought mine. Still is.

Hands down winner is the Sig 230/232.

bac1023
01-20-2013, 20:35
Buy it for sure

Scrappy
01-20-2013, 20:40
Was at LGS this morning. They had very good stock on almost every make except- every Walther model was gone!

hogship
01-20-2013, 20:55
My LGS has a used PPK for sale, $350. it seems in pretty good shape. There are a few handling marks, but it seems tight. It is West German made. It comes with the original box, and 2 mags. 1 mag is in great shape, the other mag looks as if it was fished up from the bottom of the Mediterranean. It is in such bad shape I will probably throw it away, should I decide to buy it.

Opinions, please?

Someone else mentioned the PPK is a novelty item, and it's my opinion he's right about that.

If you want something for carry, the PPK and PPKs is at the bottom of the list for that purpose. Sure, plenty of class and heritage, but it's heavy, and in a weak 32, or 380 cartridge. (comparatively speaking)

Difficult to rack the slide, but due to the fixed barrel, has very good accuracy.

If you want something for collecting, or the James Bond thing......get it. Otherwise, it's a waste of money for all practical purposes.

ooc

vantage
01-20-2013, 21:55
That would have been a steal under $400.