Glock 27 GEN4 40-9mm conversion barrels- EXPERIENCE??? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock 27 GEN4 40-9mm conversion barrels- EXPERIENCE???

SGT45
01-21-2013, 17:21
Hi All, I just recently purchased a Glock 27 GEN4. I am looking at a 40-9mm conversion barrel. I am contemplating the following;

-EFK fire dragon
-Lone Wolf
-KKM

I am looking for G27 GEN4 experiences "specifically" and "only". I am not trying to be rude. I realize numerous of you have had excellent experience and results with the aforementioned manufacturer's in your various Glocks, but I am just inquiring about the G27 GEN4. I thought I read somewhere that there were some problem/tolerance issues with the GEN G27 conversion. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

nightstalker865
01-21-2013, 17:53
I have a LW conversion barrel for my Gen 4 G27. I have not had a chance to shoot it yet though. I have test fitted the barrel and it fits perfectly. I also picked up 2 G26 mags for use with it. I have heard nothing but good results in the past couple years with the LW barrels. It seems like they got all the initial bugs worked out and the setups run like a champ.

ADK_40GLKr
01-21-2013, 18:26
I have a LWD 9mm conversion barrel for my gen 4 G27. Although I enjoy shooting it in 9mm, I slightly prefer the OEM for reliability.

Of course when I take the 9mm to the range the occasional (maybe 1%) malfunction drills are good training.

I agree with many here that SD should only be with original equipment and not conversions.

SDGlock23
01-21-2013, 19:06
KKM will be the best quality, but it's the priciest. I have mostly KKM's but the only conversion barrels I've ever had were LW, and they work just fine. It's possible the Gen4 G27 has a stiffer spring than the Gen4 G26, which might cause issues with lighter loads, but that's just speculation. I use a LW 9mm conversion barrel in my Gen4 G35.

A Regular Joe
01-21-2013, 19:08
I have a Gen 4 27 and use the Lone Wolf conversion barrel. I've put about 600 rounds through it without any mods other than using G 26 mags. I have not had a single issue with it other than spending too much money on ammo! I believe either of the ones you mention will work well, just get which ever fits your budget.

Legacy Shooters
01-21-2013, 19:25
I was wondering this same thing, but i was thinking of using a Glock factory G26 barrel. Would the lone wolf conversion barrel be better then a factory 26 barrel for my g27. I also have all my glocks in Gen 4's

nightstalker865
01-21-2013, 19:30
I was wondering this same thing, but i was thinking of using a Glock factory G26 barrel. Would the lone wolf conversion barrel be better then a factory 26 barrel for my g27. I also have all my glocks in Gen 4's

G26 OD of the barrel is smaller than the G27 barrel and won't properly fit in the G27 slide. The conversion barrels use the factory .40cal OD but the ID is cut for the 9mm round.

Legacy Shooters
01-21-2013, 19:58
G26 OD of the barrel is smaller than the G27 barrel and won't properly fit in the G27 slide. The conversion barrels use the factory .40cal OD but the ID is cut for the 9mm round.

Ok thanks for that. I was wanting to get 9mm conversion barrels for my 23 & 27. I appreciate the info so I dont buy the wrong thing

Sent from my Verizon 4G phone using Tapatalk 2

nightstalker865
01-23-2013, 17:50
Well I got a chance to try out my new LW conversion barrel in my Gen 4 G27 today. I must say it worked perfectly. I ran 50 rounds of HST 124gr +P through it. I followed that up with 50 rounds of Federal Champion 115gr. The federal is known to be a light load and it is a noticeable difference between it and the hot HST. The gun ran flawlessly on both loads. I also shot 20rds of Winchester White Box just to get rid of the spare rounds in my range bag. No issues with it either. I shot the 124gr +P HST right after shooting 10rds of Winchester White Box 165gr FMJ .40cal. I can say without a doubt I could not feel much difference between the hot 9 and the target .40. Now when I compared the 165gr WWB to the 115gr federal it was a night and day difference.

Accuracy was great with the LW barrel. I didn't notice a change in POI or my groupings. I will run another couple hundred rounds through the barrel before I would even consider carrying it but so far I am very impressed. I think it will be a great way to keep cost down and shoot some IDPA matches with my EDC gun.

I was running factory Gen 4 G26 10rd mags during this test.

SGT45
01-24-2013, 21:46
Well I got a chance to try out my new LW conversion barrel in my Gen 4 G27 today. I must say it worked perfectly. I ran 50 rounds of HST 124gr +P through it. I followed that up with 50 rounds of Federal Champion 115gr. The federal is known to be a light load and it is a noticeable difference between it and the hot HST. The gun ran flawlessly on both loads. I also shot 20rds of Winchester White Box just to get rid of the spare rounds in my range bag. No issues with it either. I shot the 124gr +P HST right after shooting 10rds of Winchester White Box 165gr FMJ .40cal. I can say without a doubt I could not feel much difference between the hot 9 and the target .40. Now when I compared the 165gr WWB to the 115gr federal it was a night and day difference.

Accuracy was great with the LW barrel. I didn't notice a change in POI or my groupings. I will run another couple hundred rounds through the barrel before I would even consider carrying it but so far I am very impressed. I think it will be a great way to keep cost down and shoot some IDPA matches with my EDC gun.

I was running factory Gen 4 G26 10rd mags during this test.

Thanks for the info Nightstalker. I appreciate it!