Glock 32 Gen 3 vs 4 barrels [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock 32 Gen 3 vs 4 barrels

JDB
01-21-2013, 17:24
Ok search has failed me and have a question regarding gen 3 vs 4 barrels.

I have an older Gen 3 Glock 23 I bought back in 2000 (DLT prefix) and in the last year been testing an OEM 357 barrel in it and it performed well enough that it is now my EDC.

I was at a gun store recently and picked up a gen 4 G32 and loved the feel and I might just pick this up. I am set up for reloading the 40 at this time and would like to use my Gen 3G23 barrel in it for practice and ammo flexibility. If anyone can confirm that the barrels in the gen 3 and 4 are the same I would appreciate it.

Also looked for a sight that lists glock factory parts by number but can't find one and if anyone can point me in the right direction I would also appreciate it.

Thanks

GIG4FUN
01-21-2013, 18:58
well, here's a thought for your piece of mind while you wait for the answer from someone else:

I bought an OEM GLock 32 357 SIG barrel for my 23 and it didn't matter if it was gen3 or gen4 for its fit when I asked for/ordered it.

JDB
01-23-2013, 06:37
Thanks for that input.

That was my original thought as when I search online sights for OEM barrels they don't specifiy. However, I wasn't sure if it was because the Gen 4's were so new especially in 357 Sig. I would like to see the part numbers to confirm.

In either case, not a deal breaker. I think I am just going to pick up the Gen 4 and give it a workout. I might just break down and get some dies and start reloading that caliber.