Glock drought [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock drought

TTex
01-21-2013, 17:11
Wanted to buy a Gen 4 G21, but the cupboards are bare.:crying:
Anyone else run into a brick wall trying to get a new Glock?

shockglock
01-21-2013, 17:20
Just left my LGS and they had a gen4 21, gen4 22, gen4 27, gen4 26 and a used gen 3 20c. Still waiting on my gen4 19 though.

Texas2Va2013
01-21-2013, 17:25
Very bare around Houston, esp for Gen 4. those that have them are getting top $

HauntedAlabama
01-21-2013, 17:42
I went Saturday to 5 gun shops and called several more. No Gen 4 19's to be found anywhere around here. I did see atleast one or more 21,22,26,27,29sf,31, and 34 so there are a few out there, just not what I was wanting to pick up.

TTex
01-21-2013, 17:51
I wouldn't think the 26,27,30, or 36 would be to much of a problem. I would imagine it's mostly the high cap pistols, but in this political climate I wouldn't doubt it either.

I was able to find some 45acp, but still not luck feeding my 17, 19, and 26.

elijah58
01-21-2013, 18:01
Went to 3 gun shops today and saw a limited amount of Glocks, no magazines other than 9 round .45 and no ammo except oddball stuff. This sux, thank you obummer for this mess!!
Eli

Guatariccan
01-21-2013, 18:05
I've been waiting since October for my blue label Gen 4 G20!!!! :steamed:

RonS
01-21-2013, 18:07
I wanted a G17L this year. Not going to happen. Maybe put that money toward spiffing up my Springfield Champion with some nice sights.

ESAFO
01-21-2013, 18:17
gen 4 are next to impossible to find around here & most of the gen 3 i find are double the retail price from 3 months ago...
$849 for a gen 3 g19 & there selling used glocks for more than regular retail prices. :steamed:

freezetime
01-21-2013, 18:39
Theres a little place around here known for their antique firearms(they have a 1962 national match garand in BEAUTIFUL shape), that had a NIB gen 3 26 and NIB gen 4 19 today for $499 and $549.

However, the only place in my area to do the GSSF coupon only had a couple of beat up used glocks, including a 24. They did have a big stack of mags though.

4095fanatic
01-21-2013, 19:12
Pistols, mags, all in short supply... I heard various reasons, between panic buying and GLOCK retooling a factory. Around here 17/19/21/22/23/26/27 are all hard to find.

G36shooter
01-21-2013, 19:38
Glad I got mine when I did.

jtrudel31
01-21-2013, 19:38
Found a g21 standard at bass pro 2 weeks ago for 650. Last one they had . Little more than I wanted to spend but I got what iwas after.

cpablum
01-21-2013, 19:58
Just saw a barely used 21 at Lee's Pawn and Gun in Margate Florida. Reasonably priced.

akapennypincher
01-21-2013, 20:01
http://www.glockmeister.com/45-ACP/products/18

DrtyHarry
01-21-2013, 20:10
G20 Gen4 selling for $655 in Jersey....but hey, it comes with 2 15 round mags. Nuts.

DH

FnKev
01-21-2013, 20:14
Some of the gun stores here have glocks, but are charging 649 for Gen 4s. I've been checking Academy multiple times a week for a Gen4 G19 or G23 and no one has anything. Hopefully I'll find one soon, got tons of giftcards from Christmas waiting to be spent. Haha

danysw
01-21-2013, 20:15
Here in Miami ther is a shortgage of many pistols except Glock pistols. Yesterday at the Gun Show I saw dozens of G17, 19, 26, 27,22, 21 Gen 3 and 4 but no magazines at all and almost no ammo.

DannyB
01-21-2013, 21:01
Must be a shortage. I could have bought a new Gen 3 19 at a shop a week ago for $549 and tax. I bet it is gone now.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=326743445

SARDG
01-21-2013, 21:05
I've been waiting since July 24th for mine.

chemboy
01-21-2013, 21:08
A local shop(I'm in the Intermountain west) normally has between 100 and 120 Glocks in stock at any given time-they have had ZERO in stock for the past 3 weeks and no idea when they are going to see more of them.

OldSkhool
01-21-2013, 21:18
They were all out of the Gen 4 26 in my area and one place had not received a shipment since October. Had to drive about 100 miles to find one now his big brother Gen 2 19 has company.

vinstang67
01-21-2013, 22:19
When I wanted Gen4 G31 (I know it is not Gen4 G21), my LGS checked a few of his supplier websites, and said 10 rounds mags. I said no, then he called his sources to find me what I wanted.

Could your LGS do the same?

I guess I was lucky to find an used GEN4 G21 at the end of the year.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Hyena
01-21-2013, 22:43

I have been waiting for my 30 since November.

Coach57
01-21-2013, 22:52
I live in a small town in northern California with one LGS. After this current panic started, the LGS said they had no idea when or if they would get any new handguns in. I stopped by the LGS on Saturday to look at shotguns when out of the blue the owner said he got a couple of Glocks in. I did not intend to, but I bought a Glock 26 as well as the shotgun. :)

G27GenFour
01-21-2013, 22:56
Got my new G27 on Saturday for $599 and they had at least 5-6 more just like it in the display cabinet. Surprised the heck out of me so I jumped on the opportunity. Guess that wasn't such a bad price these days, either.

20South
01-21-2013, 23:00
We've got a drought here in Central Ohio. Gen 4 is pretty much a non-starter.

Armedleprechaun
01-21-2013, 23:12
Just put a Glock 19c on layaway. I was lucky to find it.

Dooger
01-22-2013, 00:02
Gunbroker has even been bare for G19's a few times this week. My LGS's too...even a blue label police equip supplier.

Seawolf
01-22-2013, 00:59
Went to 3 gun shops today and saw a limited amount of Glocks, no magazines other than 9 round .45 and no ammo except oddball stuff. This sux, thank you obummer for this mess!!
Eli

Thank your fellow gun nuts for going ape **** and hoarding everything. 3 years people had to stuck up after the 2008 fiasco and I don't feel sorry one bit for anyone left out in the cold this time around.
How many of the millions of people out right now spending $100 for a AR15 mag voted for Obama? I bet you there are more than you think.

Production hasn't stopped on the contrary manufacturers are working non stop trying to fill orders. No, you can blame the idiots out snatching up everything they can find and throwing it in their closets for this mess. Many of which have no interest in anything but gouging and making a quick buck off the current situation.

You want to be mad? Be mad at all the nitwits that waited 4 years before giving a *****.

Seawolf
01-22-2013, 01:02
BTW There are plenty of Gen 3 G19 handguns out there available and to be honest if I was going to get another one I would get a Gen3 over the Gen4 anyway. You don't have to worry about springs, extractors, etc with a Gen3.

jtrudel31
01-22-2013, 01:25
You don't have to worry about "springs,extractors, etc." with gen 4 for that matter . I don't .

cpablum
01-22-2013, 03:53
Any feelings on a new 17L for under $700 delivered?

PAGunner
01-22-2013, 04:50
Anything that takes "high capacity" mags is in short supply... He'll even the guns holding ten or less are in short demand because of the ripple effect, someone goes to the LGS and doesn't find that 21 so they settle for a 30 they otherwise wouldn't have bought. Rifles are in even shorter supply. Hell, even shotguns like Mossy 590s that hold more than 5 are in short supply.

This will all pass, save your money and be patient.

mtber1172
01-22-2013, 04:57
Thank your fellow gun nuts for going ape **** and hoarding everything. 3 years people had to stuck up after the 2008 fiasco and I don't feel sorry one bit for anyone left out in the cold this time around.
How many of the millions of people out right now spending $100 for a AR15 mag voted for Obama? I bet you there are more than you think.

Production hasn't stopped on the contrary manufacturers are working non stop trying to fill orders. No, you can blame the idiots out snatching up everything they can find and throwing it in their closets for this mess. Many of which have no interest in anything but gouging and making a quick buck off the current situation.

You want to be mad? Be mad at all the nitwits that waited 4 years before giving a *****.

Where do those of us who are relatively new to the gun community (only a year it two as a gun owner) fall? Are we nitwits as well?

mtber1172
01-22-2013, 04:59
Shops around my area still seem to have a decent selection. You can just about find any Glock model you want. However, you're not paying less than $600 for one.

maestrogustav
01-22-2013, 05:42
Where do those of us who are relatively new to the gun community (only a year it two as a gun owner) fall? Are we nitwits as well?

You're right MT; Seawolf is being quite generalizing and harsh.

Fact is, people like you are constantly rotating into the "gun community." No need to intimidate them, just welcome them in and try to be helpful. There are certainly some folks who should've known better-- but Seawolf lighten up please.

Now MT if you had a join date of Aug 2008, we might all be harder on you. . . . . .

20South
01-22-2013, 05:49
Anything that takes "high capacity" mags is in short supply... He'll even the guns holding ten or less are in short demand because of the ripple effect, someone goes to the LGS and doesn't find that 21 so they settle for a 30 they otherwise wouldn't have bought. Rifles are in even shorter supply. Hell, even shotguns like Mossy 590s that hold more than 5 are in short supply.

Case in point, I was looking at a Gen 4 34 a couple of weeks back at my LGS. Decided not to spent the money, decided a couple of days later to go back. My dealer tells me someone bought it just because it came with three mags instead of two. His only request when coming in the store was "which gun has the highest cap mags in here?". Because it came with 3, he bought it over some M&P that was in stock also, but only had two mags. Oh well. The bright side is that we are getting more people into the gun community. If all these people have finally figured out the liberal agenda on guns - and can remember this in 2014, and will vote - then maybe we can enact some meaningful change.

TBAG
01-22-2013, 06:14
I can't find a Gen 3 19 anywhere so finally decided to settle for a Gen 4. No luck on getting one of those either. :crying:

TTex
01-22-2013, 06:53
I have to say I've got no love for the hoarders out there. Academy started a policy where by you can only buy one box of the scarce calibers a day, and I appreciate them doing that. Honestly if you are buying every box of ammo they have you are either hoarding it, or trying to resale for profit, either way those people have little respect for the next guy/gal in line. For the time being I wish everyone would just buy what they need and move on until this thing blows over (and it will eventually I'm sure of it).

As for my G21 I really like the Gen 4 features, I like the grip texture and size, redesigned mag release, and new RSA, the fact that it comes with 3 mags is also nice, but I'm not after Gen 4 JUST because it comes with three mags. I have to confess the current political climate was a factor in my decision as I was looking into the G30, but at 10 round capacity I can pick one up even after all this hoopla.
I just put my name on the call list at the local LGS. Maybe in a few days they will have one in and I can go buy it.
I hope this all blows over soon so we can get back to buying whatever we want, and having the ammo to shoot as much as we want.

cpablum
01-22-2013, 07:01
glockstore has gen 3 and 4 19's available...2012 pricing!

freezetime
01-22-2013, 08:27
glockstore has gen 3 and 4 19's available...2012 pricing!

As far as i can tell, their website doesnt show availability. It was letting me add the 33 rd mags to the cart and begin check out, but i really doubt they are actually stock.

James Dean
01-22-2013, 08:58

SeaWolf I understand your frustration, I really do. And to a point I share it. But the problem we have now is how to deal with this problem. I didn't vote for this president, but I still have to deal with the consequences of the choice others made. Next week I'll be down in your neck of the woods. My parents have a home in Bushnell. When I'm down in Bushnell I visit a few small gun shops around the area in hoping to find some stuff I can't find around here. This is bad times we are in now. Its time to think outside the box on what we are going to do about it. I'm going to remind people around election time the consequences of a choice. But now its what I can do about this.

Anyone know if Glock is manufacturing any guns here yet? or is it still all coming from Europe?

SARDG
01-22-2013, 09:02
...Anyone know if Glock is manufacturing any guns here yet? or is it still all coming from Europe?
They've been manufacturing guns in the US for a few years. They used to be reserved for export, but not any longer.

vinstang67
01-22-2013, 09:04

If so, will there be many pre-owned/hardly used Glocks in the market from those who realized they might have bought what they didn't intended or wanted?

LuckyG
01-22-2013, 09:15
Two choices: develop a plan or just sit around and gripe. Since the LGS don't know what they are getting and when, you have to either make frequent visits, order (if they are taking orders) or call (if they are taking calls). Might go the on-line route and place a backorder(s) (if they are taking them) and hope you get lucky. Or whatever.

On another forum, a poster said he was in his LGS and they had no Glocks. When he was getting ready to leave, a shipment of 50 guns waltzed in the door.

After CT, the entire supply chain has been drained. This is not going to go away soon. I've seen several hysterical anti-gun frenzies over the decades. Long ago, I started maintaining a decent inventory of important stuff. It doesn't go stale. Once the SHTF, it's already too late.

JBP55
01-22-2013, 09:19
Very few new Glocks available in the greater Baton Rouge, La. area.

PAGunner
01-22-2013, 09:30
If so, will there be many pre-owned/hardly used Glocks in the market from those who realized they might have bought what they didn't intended or wanted?

Common sense would say yes there will be a glut, however I'd you look back at the 2008-2009 rush we never saw that glut, people kept their purchases and I think the will happen this time as well... And that is good in general for support of the 2a, the more who practice the right the stronger that right becomes and the harder it will be for the tyrants to take it from us.

vinstang67
01-22-2013, 09:39
Common sense would say yes there will be a glut, however I'd you look back at the 2008-2009 rush we never saw that glut, people kept their purchases and I think the will happen this time as well... And that is good in general for support of the 2a, the more who practice the right the stronger that right becomes and the harder it will be for the tyrants to take it from us.

Thanks.
I am new. It's been just about a year since I purchased my 1st firearm so I have not seen what happened before.

James Dean
01-22-2013, 11:33
Case in point, I was looking at a Gen 4 34 a couple of weeks back at my LGS. Decided not to spent the money, decided a couple of days later to go back. My dealer tells me someone bought it just because it came with three mags instead of two. His only request when coming in the store was "which gun has the highest cap mags in here?". Because it came with 3, he bought it over some M&P that was in stock also, but only had two mags. Oh well. The bright side is that we are getting more people into the gun community. If all these people have finally figured out the liberal agenda on guns - and can remember this in 2014, and will vote - then maybe we can enact some meaningful change.
You are so right on this. It would be wise for the politicians that want to ban guns to take a good look at whats going on with all the buying. If your old enough to buy a gun your also old enough to vote. Every buyer is a voter. (I hope).

jaxxx
01-22-2013, 11:47
Lol this is all kinda funny watching people trying so hard to get a g19 or g17..... Specially paying 600+ for one.

I have a coworker who voted Obama looking so hard for one, maybe ill sell him mine for $1000.

Then buy another one a few months from now from those who bought just cause of all the hype.

bignuglyone
01-22-2013, 12:38
G19's all Gens are non existent around here. During the pre '94 ban period there was no such rush on guns. In '08 I was pretty much satisfied with my gun collection and only effect on me was ammo shortages. I had a S&W 431 (.32 H&R mag.) I really liked but ammo was non existent for all most 2 yrs. after '08. This current rush on guns n ammo is unbelievable. I scraped together some .308 and .762 x 39 I've had for years and planed on selling it at a GS this W.E.. I'm having second thoughts now as I'm not going to freeze my ass off standing in line for an hour to get in only to be crushed in a crowd of crazies.

SouthernRaider
01-22-2013, 12:44

US is arming itself. A gun looks better than a dollar long term

John_NJ
01-22-2013, 12:48
Buds has some gen 3 and 4s in stock. I'm going to place an order at the beginning of February when hopefully the panic buying starts to die down and selection improves.

ChiTownPicaro
01-22-2013, 13:58
I haven't noticed it in my area.

DNS
01-22-2013, 14:20
I had a glock dealer tell me that for the first time, the glock warehouse was empty about two weeks ago. He normally has several of each model, he only had two glocks, the rest on backorder. I have no idea if this is dealer bs or not.

bignuglyone
01-22-2013, 14:40
I had a glock dealer tell me that for the first time, the glock warehouse was empty about two weeks ago. He normally has several of each model, he only had two glocks, the rest on backorder. I have no idea if this is dealer bs or not.

I called "Glockstore" last week. The canned voice told me I had to call only after 2 pm PST if I wanted to talk to a real person. Voice also mentioned there were no Glock "high cap" mags available in the country from distributors.
I called back several times after 2 and never got anything but busy sig..

VC-Racing
01-22-2013, 15:16
I just walked out the door of my LGS in and was quoted FF/ LEO pricing on G22 / 23 $470 w/ nite sites. $390w/o. They had several. I even picked up 2 (limit) new 15 rd mags ($25) and 3 used( like new) 15 rd for $25 each. As i was leaving, a guy was buying the last 5 used mags they had ...

TTex
01-22-2013, 15:17
I called "Glockstore" last week. The canned voice told me I had to call only after 2 pm PST if I wanted to talk to a real person. Voice also mentioned there were no Glock "high cap" mags available in the country from distributors.
I called back several times after 2 and never got anything but busy sig..

Yeah, I just wanted an extractor and I can't even get parts!:wow:

akapennypincher
01-22-2013, 16:42
Glockmeister still has some Glocks in stock, but being diplomatic, they too have been hit hard for what was a plenty before x-mas. If it show on the web-site, order it and get them to send it to your local FFL. Good prices.

vinstang67
01-22-2013, 17:01
I just stopped by at a large LGS (a Glock dealer), and they had about 20+, 17, 20, 21, 22, 23, 26, 27, 29, 31, 32, 34 etc but I did not see any G19 nor Gen4 G21.

JBP55
01-22-2013, 17:09
A Glock LEO store in Louisiana which is one of the top 10 Glock dealers in the United States only has a G21 Blue Label Glock.
The other Glock LEO store in Louisiana only has a G20 and a G21 in a Blue Label Glock.

p01ic3m4n
01-22-2013, 17:14
The economy did not get better in a month. People are panic buying, which means a great many of them are spending money they can't really afford to spend. In a few more months,when no gun control laws pass, the bills will catch up and people will be flipping those guns they've been snatching up in a panic. Guns are always the first to go when people need quick cash.

bignuglyone
01-22-2013, 17:41
The economy did not get better in a month. People are panic buying, which means a great many of them are spending money they can't really afford to spend. In a few more months,when no gun control laws pass, the bills will catch up and people will be flipping those guns they've been snatching up in a panic. Guns are always the first to go when people need quick cash.

There's a lot to what you say. Tax time is coming up. I'll bet a lot more people are gonna owe than in the past, rather than get a substantial refund. When the new gun charge hits the credit card momma is gonna have a fit. A couple friends of mine setup at gun shows on a regular basis. There's been dealer complaints at shows for months about lack of sales. Now this explosion in gun buying. The money's coming from somewhere and it's probably credit sales. In a couple months when the chickens come to roost they'll be used guns for sale.

rustygun
01-22-2013, 18:15
There are a few gun shops in my area. Only one has any amount of glocks in stock. Or course this is the same store that deals with most of the police departments in the county and their prices have not gone up a smidge. In the new counter just in glocks they had all 3 of the 9 and 40 guns and one long slide in 9. A 357 sig in full size two 45's a mix of sf's. They had 2 36's and one 30 that I saw. In the used counter they had a bit less mix of gen 3 and 4 and one gen 2 model 17. They have about the same mix of ruger stuff and sig guns in various flavors with oddballs like xd's and what not.

Best thing is they had just gotten in a box of 400 glock 17 mags. And priced them at 21.50. :embarassed: Yeah 400 mags bulk packed. The guy behind the counter reached like a grab bag and fished em out.

I thanked the owner for not being a scumbag and gouging his customers bought a case of 45 and two g 17 mags. Walked out with tax for less then 600 bucks. They did discontinue for now the case discount price but winchester white box these days for 26 for 50 aint bad.

OhioGlock90
01-22-2013, 18:25
I went to a large gun store last week and all that was left of glocks was all the.40 models and a G20

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

4095fanatic
01-22-2013, 20:10
Good for you for only grabbing two... I know some people would would have bought as many as they could and then dumped all but 2 on gunbroker.

Newman5
01-22-2013, 20:24
Just picked up my G36 with 4 Mags, Pearce extentions and night sights for $500 out the door at a pawn shop .

wuvmyglock
01-23-2013, 05:59
I wouldn't buy a firearm now unless it was out of necessity. the prices are so ridiculous it should be criminal. Gun shops are taking advantage of the entire situation and sticking it to the consumer. Price gouging? Certainly. Gun shops should be ashamed. But I guess its the American way...

1-2man
01-23-2013, 07:21
Local gun board here in Michigan has a used Blue Label Gen 4 19 for $1,200.00. :upeyes:

cpablum
01-23-2013, 07:46
I wouldn't buy a firearm now unless it was out of necessity. the prices are so ridiculous it should be criminal. Gun shops are taking advantage of the entire situation and sticking it to the consumer. Price gouging? Certainly. Gun shops should be ashamed. But I guess its the American way...
Is it price gouging, or is it the economic law of supply and demand? I'm not a gun dealer, but put yourself in their position. You have a limited inventory, don't know if/when it will be replenished or even legal to replenish. Why would you sell something at 2007 or 2011 prices? You sell it for what the market will bear, as you could be out of inventory very quickly and have no business left to profit from and feed your family.

James Dean
01-23-2013, 08:04
I hope the gun manufactures don't know something that we don't know. I can't believe that bullet manufactures with all there automation can't keep up with demand. Does Glock have 5 guys working building guns? LOL

Zelesnik G17
01-23-2013, 08:18
I work in a factory (not gun related) we run our stock down every year in Dec. we then lay off everybody until Feb (4th this year). We do it every year, tax and accounting reasons. No matter how busy we are. The rewards are worth more than the losses. Perhaps the gun/ammo industries do the same. Add in the timing of everything else, brings us to where we are at.

Actionmonkey
01-23-2013, 08:23
I have purchased 3 glocks in the last 3 months and only one still not available are the gen 4 G19. That seems to be the only one not available but it is the most popular one right now...

chemboy
01-23-2013, 08:24

I have purchased two glocks(a G26 and G32Gen4) from a small local dealer in the past month and he charged me 500 and 550 dollars(before tax) for each pistol, respectively. He even special ordered the 32 for me at no extra cost.

Sounds like I am fortunate to have an honest dealer in my area.

ESAFO
01-23-2013, 17:48
i've talked with 4 different gun shops in the past week & all of them have said if you can hang on 3 more weeks, things will be opening up here real soon so it does sound kinda strange that there all saying the same thing. :whistling:

Browner
01-23-2013, 22:25
Hopefully things will calm down. There are no G19s or G17s for sale here in southern Michigan. There are G23 and G22s to be had. I got the last G19 Gen 4 last weekend. Ron

akapennypincher
01-24-2013, 08:25
http://intelligentdiscontent.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Sky.jpg

Browner
01-24-2013, 11:58
One thing for sure the prices are going up, not falling. Well until production gets caught back up. Lol

TTex
01-24-2013, 12:39
One thing for sure the prices are going up, not falling. Well until production gets caught back up. Lol

I dont mind (much) paying a premium because demand is so high, but gouging is NOT cool. Thirty to forty dollar for a mag is ok, but a hundred dollars :wow: I saw in anouther thread, no freakin way!

ESAFO
01-24-2013, 14:21

I dont mind (much) paying a premium because demand is so high, but gouging is NOT cool. Thirty to forty dollar for a mag is ok, but a hundred dollars :wow: I saw in anouther thread, no freakin way!

how about $849 for a plain jane gen3 g19, i walked in a local shop a few weeks back after i called to see what they had.
because i just could'nt believe them on the phone i figured they were just trying to do a few things at once & got confused.... NOPE!!!!!! :wow:

Morris
01-24-2013, 14:40
Hmmm . . . how about a new G21SF with stock sights, three mags plus two more Gen 4 mags out the door for $552?

:)

And no, I am not divulging. Just the right place at the right time as I wander back to .45 caliber Glocks.

The pistols are out there and Glock will be distributing them as they can. But it will take the market getting saturated. And, don't be surprised if you see some nice, lightly used Glocks on the for sale boards around April 1st.

ESAFO
01-24-2013, 14:47
Hmmm . . . how about a new G21SF with stock sights, three mags plus two more Gen 4 mags out the door for $552?

:)

And no, I am not divulging. Just the right place at the right time as I wander back to .45 caliber Glocks.

The pistols are out there and Glock will be distributing them as they can. But it will take the market getting saturated. And, don't be surprised if you see some nice, lightly used Glocks on the for sale boards around April 1st.
JACKPOT!!! on the 21
i've heard the same thing about the early april theory & to me it just sounds like a reallllly bad april fools joke.... :rofl:

tuica
01-24-2013, 14:57
Glad I finally picked up a new G27 two weeks ago. Been wanting one for awhile ...$519 + $10 state background fee. PDX 'Gunbroker' stores did not jack up prices. Believe I got one of the last batch of Gen3 27's. TSS***; Sep 2012. Cheers.

TTex
01-24-2013, 15:09
how about $849 for a plain jane gen3 g19, i walked in a local shop a few weeks back after i called to see what they had.
because i just could'nt believe them on the phone i figured they were just trying to do a few things at once & got confused.... NOPE!!!!!! :wow:

Again, I would expect to pay retail price for anything nowadays, but $850 for last Gen G19? I dont think so!:faint:

Pimp gun
01-24-2013, 15:26
Now you know the reason for the ammo shortage also with all the new shooters needing ammo.

chemboy
01-24-2013, 15:54

If it were me, I wouldn't buy anything from that dealer again-ever!

VFRrider07
01-24-2013, 16:59
Finally I bought at just the right time. I have a brand new Gen 4 19 in my safe with only the two factory shots through it as of yet. Of course 15rnd mags for my 22 are just foolishly priced if you can even find them... I'll be waiting that out...

SCmasterblaster
01-24-2013, 17:07
Finally I bought at just the right time. I have a brand new Gen 4 19 in my safe with only the two factory shots through it as of yet. Of course 15rnd mags for my 22 are just foolishly priced if you can even find them... I'll be waiting that out...

Well I am hanging on to my seven 17-round G17 mags, for sure.

Ratrod
01-24-2013, 17:52

Midway has some 22 mags as I am typing this.

DustyJacket
01-24-2013, 18:10

My local dealer has 2 model g21.
In fact, those are the only 2 he has.

VFRrider07
01-24-2013, 18:23
Midway has some 22 mags as I am typing this.

They show in stock until you put them in your cart then they show out of stock..

Browner
01-24-2013, 20:50
I did find 2 G26s Gen 4s for 699.00 at Gander Mountain. Just last Saturday i got a Gen 4 G19 for 650 there. Today a local gun shop got a G19 Gen 4 in for 579.00.

Police305
01-24-2013, 23:55
I bought my Gen 4 G19 4 months ago (Thank God). My cousin was able to get the last G21SF in stock at my local gun store a couple weeks ago!

ESAFO
01-25-2013, 04:01
If it were me, I wouldn't buy anything from that dealer again-ever!
thats the thing i have spend quit abit of money with them in the past & they've treated me well, along with there prices being standard retail on everything until that famous day.
the kicker is they have 3 diff stores & all 3 stores have diff prices on there guns, i can only think that it's the managers setting local prices in lue of the paying customer.
but i don't know that to be true, just a guess.

wacopolumbo
01-25-2013, 04:21
Visited 2 local shops yesterday. One had no Glocks and they are an LE dealer. The other had a few used Glocks. One of the used guns has me really interested, it's a Gen 1 Glock 17 in great shape. They have $425 on it.

4095fanatic
01-25-2013, 04:31
Visited 2 local shops yesterday. One had no Glocks and they are an LE dealer. The other had a few used Glocks. One of the used guns has me really interested, it's a Gen 1 Glock 17 in great shape. They have $425 on it.

I'd snag that in a heartbeat.

Bill Lumberg
01-25-2013, 06:15
Why, for the first time in my adult life that I can't walk out and buy a glock for just over $400 out the door, do I get a request from my beloved dad to find him a Gen 4 23? Not going to happen for a while.

uncledoodoo
01-25-2013, 06:35
I bought 2 Glocks during this drought, a G23 I got from one of the online shops, police trade-in in excellent+ condition with night-sights for $399 (they went up to $449 the next day and sold out), and I've been looking high and low for a G17 and the only ones I've seen were used and they wanted $700 or more. I finally found one for $500 in great condition on a trade website and drove 90 miles rt to get it. I paid about $50 more than I would have 2 months ago, but I feel lucky to have gotten it. So far I've bought a decent amount of ammo and a few guns during this crisis and have not overpaid for anything. Patience is the key.

chemboy
01-25-2013, 08:32
thats the thing i have spend quit abit of money with them in the past & they've treated me well, along with there prices being standard retail on everything until that famous day.
the kicker is they have 3 diff stores & all 3 stores have diff prices on there guns, i can only think that it's the managers setting local prices in lue of the paying customer.
but i don't know that to be true, just a guess.

Well, I am not in Ohio(Intermountain region for me) but I was able to buy two new Glocks(A G26 and G32gen4) just two weeks ago for 500 and 550 dollars, respectively.

Guess what I am saying is that I don't think the distributors are gouging us,but some of the retail folks certainly are.

All that being said, nothing wrong with being loyal to a lgs that has been good to you in the past.

ESAFO
01-25-2013, 13:47
Well, I am not in Ohio(Intermountain region for me) but I was able to buy two new Glocks(A G26 and G32gen4) just two weeks ago for 500 and 550 dollars, respectively.

Guess what I am saying is that I don't think the distributors are gouging us,but some of the retail folks certainly are.

All that being said, nothing wrong with being loyal to a lgs that has been good to you in the past.
yeah depending on the dealer 1 you go into will say the distributor raised there price, so now we have to up our anti along to you.
then another will say no they have'nt raised there prices any, it's just that they can't get them.
so the million dollar question is, who do you believe???
yeah i don't plan on never going back to them in the future once all this crap settles down, but to have something like that priced the way they do it just leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

kasch_hunter
01-25-2013, 17:13
This will be my first post. At the outset I will say that I have been a lurker here for quite some time and have appreciated the collective wisdom of the many posters who have enhanced my enjoyment of my Glocks. This is an excellent Forum.

By way of background I am from Montana and have bought and sold my share of guns (shotguns, rifles, and handguns) and I am old enough to have seen the ebb and flow to gun and ammo prices/availability. I wanted to address the “Glock drought” in the context of the buying panic which currently exists and the claims of “gouging” as it relates not just to Glocks but to many other guns and ammunition.

I remember well the panic that occurred 4 years ago shortly before and certainly shortly after Obama was elected. Initially there was panic buying on semi automatic rifles and handguns. That panic subsequently extended to magazines, ammunition, and, ultimately to reloading components. As best I can tell the buying panic then was nearly identical, and possibly less pervasive, than the current panic. Then, as now, gun stores and private people were accused of “gouging” by selling what they owned at inflated prices.

The effects of the last panic lasted, in my estimation until about the middle of 2011 when gun availability and ammo prices tended to level out. Until about that time some gun manufacturers were still behind in meeting demand for some guns as a result of the earlier buying panic. Beginning then I began to buy ammo as I found it on sale—as well as occasional firearm purchases including handguns (2 Glocks) and rifles (including several AR-15’s). By last summer both guns and ammo seemed to be in abundant supply at prices that seemed reasonable, although some ammo, such as 22 LR ammo was nearly twice the price of the pre-panic prices in mid 2008. Beginning in about the summer of 2011 or not too long before reloading supplies also became abundant.

With the above background in mind, my sense is that the current buying panic, and “Glock Drought” has come on faster and harder than 2008/2009. In the last few days I have seen new Gen 4 Glock 17’s sell for close to $800 on auction sites. Today I saw ordinary bulk .22 ammo that sold here in Montana last summer for $16 per brick sell for $62 plus shipping on another auction site. All of the local gun stores have almost no ammo for semi-automatic guns such as .223, 9mm, and 22LR. There are few semi-automatic guns for sale. Shipments of magazines for an AR-15 sell out in a matter of hours.

Amidst all of the above many local and national stores (including chain stores) are accused of “gouging”. At the outset I think reasonable people can dispute what constitutes gouging, although I think most of us know it when we see it. With respect to the claims of gouging I would make the following observations. First, gouging can only occur when there are willing buyers. Second, place yourself in the position of being a small local gun store. If such a store does not raise its prices it will soon be sold out of its limited inventory. Many smaller local gun stores sell only guns and ammo and accessories—unlike larger stores, like Cabela’s, which can offset the loss of gun and ammo sales with sales from fishing equipment, clothing, boating, etc. Frankly, I do not begrudge gun stores and private individuals from charging what they can get for guns and ammo. Of those who complain about gun store gouging I would ask, are you suggesting they should not charge any more than what they were charging two months ago?

I find myself tempted to sell my bricks of 22 ammo for $62 and make a profit of $46 per brick. Or to sell a Glock or AR-15 at a several hundred dollar profit. But, I don’t. Because if I do I will need the ammo when I want to shoot and will no longer have a gun I enjoyed—and because I do not know that prices will not get worse.

Amongst all of the above I have concluded the following. First, I would be cautious in assuming this current panic buying will end soon. The last one took probably at least two years before overcoming the effects of prices and availability. For myself, I learned from the last panic that I needed to stock up once prices level off and availability occurs. This time more people will have learned the same lesson which, in my opinion, will likely prolong the effects of the current panic buying. Second, I will not make huge profits off of my guns and ammo—I bought both to shoot and enjoy and intend to do that. And, I simply do not feel right about selling ammo for an amount four times greater than what I paid for it. Third, accept the fact that the gun and ammo economy may forever be subject to occasional panic buying and adjust your purchases accordingly. This current panic may be the “new normal”!

Tazz10m
01-26-2013, 02:51
Another lurker comes out of the closet! Congrats!

tonyparson
01-26-2013, 03:46
Went to the Academy sports in Chattanooga yesterday and the only Glock they had was a Gen 4 G26. I ask the manger when he was expecting more Glocks in. He said it looks like it will be months before he gets any. He also said it will be 2014 before he gets any AR's.

wacopolumbo
01-26-2013, 05:25
This will be my first post. At the outset I will say that I have been a lurker here for quite some time and have appreciated the collective wisdom of the many posters who have enhanced my enjoyment of my Glocks. This is an excellent Forum.

By way of background I am from Montana and have bought and sold my share of guns (shotguns, rifles, and handguns) and I am old enough to have seen the ebb and flow to gun and ammo prices/availability. I wanted to address the “Glock drought” in the context of the buying panic which currently exists and the claims of “gouging” as it relates not just to Glocks but to many other guns and ammunition.

I remember well the panic that occurred 4 years ago shortly before and certainly shortly after Obama was elected. Initially there was panic buying on semi automatic rifles and handguns. That panic subsequently extended to magazines, ammunition, and, ultimately to reloading components. As best I can tell the buying panic then was nearly identical, and possibly less pervasive, than the current panic. Then, as now, gun stores and private people were accused of “gouging” by selling what they owned at inflated prices.

The effects of the last panic lasted, in my estimation until about the middle of 2011 when gun availability and ammo prices tended to level out. Until about that time some gun manufacturers were still behind in meeting demand for some guns as a result of the earlier buying panic. Beginning then I began to buy ammo as I found it on sale—as well as occasional firearm purchases including handguns (2 Glocks) and rifles (including several AR-15’s). By last summer both guns and ammo seemed to be in abundant supply at prices that seemed reasonable, although some ammo, such as 22 LR ammo was nearly twice the price of the pre-panic prices in mid 2008. Beginning in about the summer of 2011 or not too long before reloading supplies also became abundant.

With the above background in mind, my sense is that the current buying panic, and “Glock Drought” has come on faster and harder than 2008/2009. In the last few days I have seen new Gen 4 Glock 17’s sell for close to $800 on auction sites. Today I saw ordinary bulk .22 ammo that sold here in Montana last summer for $16 per brick sell for $62 plus shipping on another auction site. All of the local gun stores have almost no ammo for semi-automatic guns such as .223, 9mm, and 22LR. There are few semi-automatic guns for sale. Shipments of magazines for an AR-15 sell out in a matter of hours.

Amidst all of the above many local and national stores (including chain stores) are accused of “gouging”. At the outset I think reasonable people can dispute what constitutes gouging, although I think most of us know it when we see it. With respect to the claims of gouging I would make the following observations. First, gouging can only occur when there are willing buyers. Second, place yourself in the position of being a small local gun store. If such a store does not raise its prices it will soon be sold out of its limited inventory. Many smaller local gun stores sell only guns and ammo and accessories—unlike larger stores, like Cabela’s, which can offset the loss of gun and ammo sales with sales from fishing equipment, clothing, boating, etc. Frankly, I do not begrudge gun stores and private individuals from charging what they can get for guns and ammo. Of those who complain about gun store gouging I would ask, are you suggesting they should not charge any more than what they were charging two months ago?

I find myself tempted to sell my bricks of 22 ammo for $62 and make a profit of $46 per brick. Or to sell a Glock or AR-15 at a several hundred dollar profit. But, I don’t. Because if I do I will need the ammo when I want to shoot and will no longer have a gun I enjoyed—and because I do not know that prices will not get worse.

Amongst all of the above I have concluded the following. First, I would be cautious in assuming this current panic buying will end soon. The last one took probably at least two years before overcoming the effects of prices and availability. For myself, I learned from the last panic that I needed to stock up once prices level off and availability occurs. This time more people will have learned the same lesson which, in my opinion, will likely prolong the effects of the current panic buying. Second, I will not make huge profits off of my guns and ammo—I bought both to shoot and enjoy and intend to do that. And, I simply do not feel right about selling ammo for an amount four times greater than what I paid for it. Third, accept the fact that the gun and ammo economy may forever be subject to occasional panic buying and adjust your purchases accordingly. This current panic may be the “new normal”!

Well thought and well said. Thanks for coming out of the shadows. I was in Germany for the last craziness. I read about it,but now I'm living it. Personally, I am set for my NEEDS in both firearms and ammo. I will still buy, but refuse to pay crazy prices. Hopefully my supply will outlast the drought.