Looking for rail mounted light for G23 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Looking for rail mounted light for G23

flw
01-22-2013, 01:49
This is my house gun and every house gun needs a light.

Streamlight seems to make a good light but don't want to start a light collection either.

I'm looking for at least 100 or more lumens, quick release from rail, Uses standard battery, finger tip on/off/strobe.

Any have any input on if strobes are effective for momentary disorientation ?

So other than a TLR-1 or TLR-3 (Streamlight) what are some other choices with similar or better prices but more reliable?

4Rules
01-22-2013, 07:27
Surefire's X300 (http://www.surefire.com/illumination/weaponlights/handgun.html) is pretty popular.

I prefer it over the Streamlight TLR, mostly because of the (subjectively better) mounting and the (subjectively better) controls.

SouthpawG26
01-22-2013, 15:04
I wouldn't call the Streamlight lock system a true quick release, as you still have to turn a relieved nut.

The Surefire X300 (Ultra), Insight WX 150, Insight MX3led have true QD locks with two tabs you push down to remove. Strobe is not really important on a weaponlight as it is a target shoot/no-shoot identification tool (the strobe affects your ability to identify the target), not a flashlight (illumination tool). You may also want to look into the new Inforce pistol light.

N.Texas G23
01-22-2013, 18:35
Just a heads up...some of the .40 cal glocks do not function well with a light attached to the rail. My gen3 G23 had severe FTF issues when I put the light on. I called Glock Inc. about it, and they told my to change out the magazine springs to a 12 coil spring to correct the problem. Since I did that, I haven't had any issues. I have heard the gen4 guns don't have the same problem...FWIW.

bakon
02-24-2013, 19:39
My gen 3 G23 will FTF every magazine with TLR-2s. No problems without light.

itsnitro
03-10-2013, 16:59
Put roughly 200-300 rounds through my g23 with ftf.. only problem I had was the strobe stopped working. Spoke with streamlight, sent to them and they fixed it.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

RyanNREMTP
03-10-2013, 18:52
If it is going to be used indoors I don't recommend much more than 100 lumens.

Sent from my Federation issued communicator.