Factory Gun Shipments [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Factory Gun Shipments

WT
01-22-2013, 08:24
I wonder if the big companies - S&W, Ruger, Glock, etc. - are still shipping guns to dealers? Or has the supply chain dried up?

Could they be waiting to see what new laws bring?

Just wondering. I haven't been to a gun dealer to hear what is happening.

ChicagoZman
01-22-2013, 08:31
Shipments are still taking place but demand is far outstripping supply and shipments from distributors, normally taking two to three days, can now take up to three weeks as distributors struggle to process the spike in orders.

WT
01-22-2013, 08:45
Makes sense.

Thanks.

The Fed
01-22-2013, 09:04
They will continue to make guns as fast as they can.

Atomic Punk
01-22-2013, 09:11
i get the supply issue. i wonder at the gun shops having no idea when more are coming. they have an order in, ok, but i would think some kind of time frame would be given. my lgs keeps saying something like "any day now" like it has been shipped but they dont have a tracking number.

JTBTACTICAL
01-22-2013, 17:20
i get the supply issue. i wonder at the gun shops having no idea when more are coming. they have an order in, ok, but i would think some kind of time frame would be given. my lgs keeps saying something like "any day now" like it has been shipped but they dont have a tracking number.

Before all the recent madness, firearms would typically show up at dealers only a couple days from when they ordered it with their distributor. Many distributors only ship next day air.

The issue lies with order processing, getting orders picked and shipped out the door. Distributors were at max operating capacity before this all happened, now they are simply overwhelmed.

So what used to take a couple days, is now taking longer..sometimes even a couple weeks. It's unfortunate for the dealers and customers, but it's just something we have to deal with for now.

I hope this info helps make a little sense of the madness. :wavey:

4095fanatic
01-22-2013, 17:36
On the plus side once the bubble bursts we should have a nice surplus floating around for 6 months to a year :).

KoshTHX
01-22-2013, 19:55
There is also the problem of components. Parts like handguards, stocks, sights, and grips are often made by other companies. Those companies are simply overwhelmed with the demand right now.