Anyone dealt with Widener's before? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone dealt with Widener's before?

Butcher
01-22-2013, 10:34
Ordered ammunition on January 8th that showed in stock. Got confirmation email for billing the next day that said i'll get another email when my order ships. Bank account shows the money has been charged/cleared on the 10th. Still no package, still no email saying the package is en route. Called customer service (800 number and local 432 number) but it rings and rings with no answer. No response from customer service email either.
What would you do?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

SJ 40
01-22-2013, 10:45
I have ordered from them many times in the past,no problems.
That said the unusually high amount of orders I'm sure they are receiving has slowed them down as with most other suppliers. SJ 40

Butcher
01-22-2013, 11:06
Well hopefully they're not answering the phones because they're too busy working to fulfill orders :)

Glockdude1
01-22-2013, 11:29
I have had several orders with Wideners. All positive. They ship SLOW. It is just the way they operate.

You will get exactly what you ordered, just not fast.

:cool:

debbert
01-22-2013, 12:15
They're trustworthy. You'll get your package. No worries.

Zombie Steve
01-22-2013, 12:17
Yep. Might take some time, but they'll get 'er done.

DEADEYEGUY
01-22-2013, 12:28
I just had a very bad experience with them. Right as the insanity was hitting I ordered 3 500 round boxes of .22. And one 50 round box of the CCI segmented rounds. They charged my account right there. Well after several weeks of waiting I got home and their was a small box at my door and I mean small.
I opened the box and they had sent me only the CCI segmented rounds and the bill showed I was charged and taxed for the whole amount. The bill showed all my whole order on a printed copy. But the order for the 3 500 round boxes was crossed out. In hand written "chicken scratch" was a small note on the invoice that crossed out the 3 box order and it simply said "out of stock-will credit card.
I called my bank and they did credit back a portion of the price. But still charged me the same shipping and handling like it was a full order. I called my bank to dispute the charges. And sent an email to them.
It clearly showed that when I ordered the ammo was in stock. And as I said I was charged. They sent an apology basically saying they had made an error on available stock. And had credited me back my money. The other online suppliers I have dealt with have not charged me until the product was shipped. And only for the product shipped. And if their was a problem they called me, emailed me, or whatever to see what I wanted to do. Not just sent me one 50 round box of .22. So yes I'm P.O.'d.
It was not handled in a decent business like manner. Busy times or not a business should treat it customers properly. If this is how they do business they will get no more from me.

cessnastud
01-22-2013, 13:17
I've used Widener's A LOT over the years. Never had a problem and will continue to do business with them. They're my choice when ordering components.

CBennett
01-22-2013, 13:18
They are not answering the phone due to demand(i think even their site said they basically took the phone off the hook for now) they are up to 30 days behind I ordered ammo that was "in stock" at Christmas time got it last week. You can talk to them supposedly by email i think. with them being backed up and its known they are 20+ days behind nothing you said is out of the ordinary or surprising.

With a ordering date of the Jan 8th(mine was like Dec 19th or so) and it being "in stock"(so was mine it was one of the 1080 5.45 tins of ammo for AK74) id say if it was like mine you will get another shipping confirmation with a USP tracking number around Feb 1-3rd with the delivery being Feb 5-8th...

RJ's Guns
01-22-2013, 13:58
I have ordered from them numerous times in the past with no problems.

RJ

Butcher
01-22-2013, 14:46
Thanks for the input guys! And thanks for the possible timeline CBennett!

CBennett
01-22-2013, 16:06
Thanks for the input guys! And thanks for the possible timeline CBennett!

No problem I was like you about 3 weeks ago and was wondering what was going on...so I also did a bit of research and told myself id wait a month and then see what happened..luckily like 4 days after I looked I got the UPS shipping/tracking #(it had been about 21-23 days or so) and then got the Ammo late in the day about 4-5 days after that...so I figured id just pass on I was in almost the exact same position(i also got a initial sales order like you also) but it DID come...and I didnt mind the wait I dont think right now as nuts as things are anyone is on time :) .

Butcher
01-22-2013, 16:16
Lol guess what I just got in email. Shipping notification from Wideners. ETA on the 24th. I feel like a jerk now

CBennett
01-22-2013, 17:13
Lol guess what I just got in email. Shipping notification from Wideners. ETA on the 24th. I feel like a jerk now

Dont, I almost cancelled my order also till i read how backed up they were then I figured whats another 2 weeks...

Jason D
01-22-2013, 17:41
Several times with great success and no problems.

Samned2003
01-22-2013, 20:22
I actually know the owner and most of his employees. They are absolutely slammed with orders right now and are working very hard to get orders processed and shipped. One of the employee stated that it was the biggest backlog he has seen and he has been there for several years.

They have always been upfront and honest with me , and I have bought quite a bit of stuff from them over the years.

If you have a problem with the order I am sure they will take care of you.

samuse
01-22-2013, 20:27
I've used 'em a few times too. Never any problems.

I just ordered 2 cases of IMI M193 from 'em last night.