best concealed carry for 27 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : best concealed carry for 27

ws669
01-23-2013, 14:54
iwb really isnt comforable to me. I wear button up shirts that aren't tight. wondering if anybody likes the 5.11 concealed carry shirts, or maybe a shoulder holster over my undershirt and under my button up. anybody have experience with this or suggestions?

thanks

jaymoe
01-23-2013, 15:24
Add a clipdraw and stick it in the small of your back. Try it, you'll like it.

Pilotdude3407
01-23-2013, 15:28
If you are willing to give it a try...the crossbreed supertuck is awesome. I got mine a few weeks ago for my 27 and you can barely feel it there. They have a return policy if you don't like it...worth a shot if you haven't given up all the way.

ws669
01-23-2013, 15:46
I have a galco kydex iwb. my pants arent tight but its almost like there isnt room when I strap the holster in. Dont know if this is common but I dont feel like buying all new pants if they need to be bigger.

barth
01-23-2013, 15:55
iwb really isnt comforable to me. I wear button up shirts that aren't tight. wondering if anybody likes the 5.11 concealed carry shirts, or maybe a shoulder holster over my undershirt and under my button up. anybody have experience with this or suggestions?

thanks

I've got two 5.11 concealment shirts and three shoulder holsters.
They mostly suck.

I'm unconventional guy I guess.
Prefer cross draw. Outside the waist band, but inside the belt.
With an ambi or left handed holster.
I like a Galco SB1 belt 2" oversize for the gun.
(reverse image in a mirror)
https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/thumbnail/photo18/fc/86/50e40ca40bfe__1318084604000.jpg?tw=0&th=720&s=true&rs=false

BMiracletx
01-23-2013, 15:57
Traditional OWB Bianchi or Don hume here...

ws669
01-23-2013, 16:17
how does the owb work for concealed carry?

randyc74
01-23-2013, 17:52
Concealed carry is always a compromise. There is no perfect holster or method of carry. What works for some does not work for all. Body styles, clothing choice, and weapons choice all come into play. Some will say that a G27 is to large for pocket carry. When I wear 5.11 Tactical trousers, my G27 disappears in my strong side front pocket. Other times, I carry IWB while wearing jeans and tee-shirts. In the winter with a jacket or coat, I usually carry in a beltslide holster. The choice is one that only you can make.

Randy

ws669
01-23-2013, 17:58
I never tried it so I may be wrong, but it seems a shoulder holster under a button up shirt would be comfortable. just seeing if anybody has any experience before I buy an expensive holster.

KenB47
01-23-2013, 18:01
I haven't had my 27 long so I'm still researching a comfortable IWB. In the meantime, I've been using a simple, black Uncle Mike's with the typical clip I put on my jeans. My belt hides the clip. I wear it at just about 3:00 (2:45) and it's pretty comfortable. I can get by with just a T-shirt but usually have a shirt with the tail out. My only concern is no strap to keep the gun in holster for those weird positions, etc. It does work though, for now. I wish someone would explain or YouTube how those IWB's that allow you to tuck your shirt in work. I just don't see it.:dunno:

1RoundEye
01-23-2013, 18:09
I like the Raven Concealment Systems Phantom for OWB carry, and the VG2 for IWB. The Phantom is kydex and holds close to you body, and the VG2 (considered the bikini of holsters) just covers the trigger guard and hooks to your belt so that it is pulled off on your draw.

LT642
01-23-2013, 18:50
I often carry my issued G27 off duty. I, like most here have tried numerous holsters before finging the one that fit my needs the best.
I am currently using a Comp-Tac paddle holster, (FBI cant) and an Alessi belt holster, both work very well. I like the Comp-Tac very much, holds the pistol close and is secure. Lou Alessi passed away a few years ago, so his holsters are only available on the used market. But, if you like belt mounted holsters, take a look at Ritchie Holsters, their stuff is on par with the holsters Lou used to make. In fact, the owner worked with Lou for many years. Either will serve you we, Comp-Tac offers a 30 day return policy, check theeir web page to verify, if you don't like the holster you can simply send it back.
And, of course honorable mention goes to the Glock Combat holster, cheap and it works. They run 11 or 12 dollars, so not much to loose.

Good luck and let us know what you decide..

AstraPat
01-23-2013, 19:48
Fist ,inc. #1AK in ultra thin kydex = yummy for my 27

P