Airline Travel New Twist [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Airline Travel New Twist

Green Mountain Boy
01-23-2013, 14:54
Ok folks I have a question regarding ariline travel that I don't believe has been posed at least not that I have seen.

"Does the person or organization picking up the tab for your airfair know or find out that you brought a firearm?"

I have traveled with a firearm perviously but this time a professional assocation is picking up the tab. I just want to make sure there is no manifest or anything else provided to the paying party that might out me.

Regards, GMB

dosei
01-23-2013, 15:16
No, they don't. They get the same thing you get when you pay.

Green Mountain Boy
01-23-2013, 19:11
Just making sure. Thanks.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

vafish
01-24-2013, 10:18
No, they don't. They get the same thing you get when you pay.

They might see the extra baggage fee and as I recall united charged different for a long gun case, IIRC it was noted as sporting equipment like golf clubs or skis.

posted from my stupid smart phone, please excuse any spelling mistakes.

ScottieG59
02-02-2013, 23:37
I frequently travel with a handgun in my baggage. It looks no different on my receipts and tickets. The only difference is that I declare the firearm, show it is unloaded and I sign the unloaded firearm card that goes in the gun case. Then, I hang around a few minutes to see if the TSA has any issues.

When I flew with firearms about 30 years ago, things were different. Back then, my suitcase with the gun would get marked on the outside with a fluorescent orange tag indicating a gun was inside.

There are other issues to consider when traveling with firearms and there is a sticky thread on travel with guns.