Glock 30 recoil spring question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock 30 recoil spring question

Richard K
01-24-2013, 21:12
Love my Gen 3 Glock 30 so much (hundreds of rounds without a single malfuction) that I just picked up another Gen 3 NIB. Upon field stripping it I see that the recoil spring assembly now has a metal sleeve on half of the assembly which my other doesn't have. Is this an alleged improvement? I've not gotten to the range with it yet but can't imagine it being more reliable than my other G30. When was the change made? Did a search but couldn't find answers.

tuica
01-25-2013, 14:41
Just purchased a Sept. 2012 G27 with the same sleeve. Guess its an improvement. Cheers.

trlcavscout
01-25-2013, 14:55
Love my Gen 3 Glock 30 so much (hundreds of rounds without a single malfuction) that I just picked up another Gen 3 NIB. Upon field stripping it I see that the recoil spring assembly now has a metal sleeve on half of the assembly which my other doesn't have. Is this an alleged improvement? I've not gotten to the range with it yet but can't imagine it being more reliable than my other G30. When was the change made? Did a search but couldn't find answers.

The G30 is defective! Just drive up to Ault and drop it off, no charge for disposal. My 30sf has it also.

Richard K
01-25-2013, 15:30
Thanks for the replies! Went to the range this morning (froze parts in my lower torso) but put 400 trouble free rounds through it. It definetly likes 230 gr. Gold Dots with 230 Hydra-Shoks and 230 TAPs in a tie for second. Just ordered night sights for it. All is well.

trlcavscout
01-25-2013, 15:45
Me and Mcarp71 from the AR board took mine out Wed, I just got it last week from buckaroobonsai. I also prefer the hydra shocks, accurate and fun to shoot. What kind of NS's did you get? Mine has some fiber day sites but I dont care for them.

Richard K
01-25-2013, 16:00
Me and Mcarp71 from the AR board took mine out Wed, I just got it last week from buckaroobonsai. I also prefer the hydra shocks, accurate and fun to shoot. What kind of NS's did you get? Mine has some fiber day sites but I dont care for them.

I prefer the Aro-Tec, I have several sets on various Glocks.
They are a Novak style with Trijicon vials and you don't need a sight pusher to install or adjust them, just an allen wrench (supplied).
They also come with a tool to install the front sight.

trlcavscout
01-25-2013, 16:17
Cool i will check them out. Thanks

uncledoodoo
01-25-2013, 16:35
Thanks for the replies! Went to the range this morning (froze parts in my lower torso) but put 400 trouble free rounds through it. It definetly likes 230 gr. Gold Dots with 230 Hydra-Shoks and 230 TAPs in a tie for second. Just ordered night sights for it. All is well.

Man your Glock is high-maintenance! Mine is fine with cheap Tula. It will shoot whatever you put in it just fine!