Glock vs. XD and current market [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock vs. XD and current market

madAB
01-24-2013, 22:34
I was browsing Gunbroker and noticed an interesting trend. While Glocks and their high capacity magazines are selling for ridiculous prices, XD's and their high capacity mags still seem to be at normal / pre SHTF prices. I guess this shows which brand is the favorite / more in demand.

Chicago2VP71
01-24-2013, 22:38
That doesn't show anything as people were asking $50-$100 for one Glock 21 magazine on Gun Broker and I was able to buy them from MidwayUSA yesterday for $24.99 each. There are good deals out there still you just have to find them. I also own an XD both are great pistols.

TSAX
01-24-2013, 22:45
M&P mags are going at high rates, they're usually around $35 to $40 and on Gunbroker they were going for $75 to $100 each

:50cal:

XDRoX
01-24-2013, 22:52
Was there ever any question on which is more popular?

TomAiello
01-25-2013, 08:08
That doesn't show anything as people were asking $50-$100 for one Glock 21 magazine on Gun Broker and I was able to buy them from MidwayUSA yesterday for $24.99 each.

Midway's behavior in this most recent rush has earned them my business for life. Everyone else is jacking up prices and selling out in seconds. Midway is limiting purchases to 2 per customer but selling at regular price.

Two thumbs up for Midway.

IndyGunFreak
01-25-2013, 08:13
I was browsing Gunbroker and noticed an interesting trend. While Glocks and their high capacity magazines are selling for ridiculous prices, XD's and their high capacity mags still seem to be at normal / pre SHTF prices. I guess this shows which brand is the favorite / more in demand.

:upeyes:

(For the record, I like both.. probably a slight edge to my Glocks, but I'd have no issue at all switching to one of my XD's if the need were to arise)

What you posted only means there's a LOT more Glocks out there than XD's... only an idiot would suggest otherwise.

High demand+Low Supply= High Prices

Rest assured, if the supply on XD Hi-Cap mags drops to a point, their prices will rise as well.

madAB
01-25-2013, 09:53
I am also a fan of XD's. I would have no problem if my collection was mostly Xd's instead of Glocks. I was simply making an observation about popularity and demand between the two.

F106 Fan
01-25-2013, 10:35
I am also a fan of XD's. I would have no problem if my collection was mostly Xd's instead of Glocks. I was simply making an observation about popularity and demand between the two.

I would attribute the demand to name recognition. Everybody has heard of Glock and, if they know next to nothing about guns, that's the only gun they want.

There are plenty of fine guns on the market although I have to admit that pickings are getting slim.

Richard

AR15 guy
01-25-2013, 10:48
Midway's behavior in this most recent rush has earned them my business for life. Everyone else is jacking up prices and selling out in seconds. Midway is limiting purchases to 2 per customer but selling at regular price.

Two thumbs up for Midway.

I feel the same way. I used to go elsewhere for free shipping, but that won't happen anymore. Midway is my first stop from now on.