Springfield TRP trade value? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Springfield TRP trade value?

Frankenteg
01-24-2013, 22:35
About two weeks ago I purchased a brand new SA 1911 TRP. I brought it to the range and it was absolutely flawless. I bought it thinking I was going to carry it concealed once I take the class in May, but after carrying it around the house I've come to realize that it's too heavy for me to carry comfortably.

I hate to get rid of it, but am planning on switching to a Glock. This may be a silly question, but is it reasonable when trading it in to ask for two Glocks in exchange for the TRP to make it an equal trade? I'm not quite familiar with the price drop of a used gun, so I just wanted to get some feedback before I start looking around.

Hurricanes
01-25-2013, 06:49
I think you should ask for three.

faawrenchbndr
01-25-2013, 07:11
You will get sexually assaulted if you trade that in. Sell it outright!
Not sure what you paid, but you should EASILY be able to get $1250 for the TRP.

A GOOD belt & holster do a lot for the weight.

glock2740
01-25-2013, 07:44

Ditto! And DO NOT trade it in!

kodiakpb
01-25-2013, 10:33
This may be a silly question, but is it reasonable when trading it in to ask for two Glocks in exchange for the TRP to make it an equal trade? I'm not quite familiar with the price drop of a used gun, so I just wanted to get some feedback before I start looking around.

That's considered very bad form :wow: :whistling:

I am prepared to trade you one of my G19's for it straight up :wavey:

All kidding aside you should sell it straight out as mentioned above.

ca survivor
01-25-2013, 15:10
give it another try, that's a fine firearm, I carry a SA Range Officer, about the same weight, get a good belt and holster, I'm 6'.0" 170 lb and 61yo and carry IWB.

sawgrass
01-25-2013, 15:51

Ditto! And DO NOT trade it in!

This! If you can keep it, keep it! Maybe you can save for a used Gen 3 19. I think everyone should own at least one.

A friend of mine bought a Springfield XD Compact 9mm, New, yesterday for $484.00 I have to say after spending a little time with it today, I'm jonesing myself.

faawrenchbndr
01-25-2013, 16:12
I would not buy a XD compact.
The XDm models are FAR superior!

sawgrass
01-25-2013, 16:26
I would not buy a XD compact.
The XDm models are FAR superior!

He husband bought a full size XDm last week but she didn't bring it today. What are the differences other than the interchangeable back straps?

I liked the XD today, it shot well. I wouldn't trade my G26 for it, but I liked it.

faawrenchbndr
01-25-2013, 16:51
Ergonomics are vastly improved, grip texture, trigger,....all much better.

A6Gator
01-25-2013, 19:16
give it another try, that's a fine firearm, I carry a SA Range Officer, about the same weight, get a good belt and holster, I'm 6'.0" 170 lb and 61yo and carry IWB.

I think a 1911 is easier to carry than a Glock because it's thinner. It is a little heavier, but with a MTAC/CTAC or Versa Max II, and a decent belt, no worries. Beside that, the worst TRP trigger is better than the best Glock trigger...:supergrin:

happy seal
01-25-2013, 19:45
You could easily sell the TRP for $1500.00 / Or trade for three Glocks. I would keep the TRP. If Feinstein gets a 7 round ban in place the TRP might be a gun you could keep!

SiberianErik
01-25-2013, 23:13

This.. I took a fairly new TRP into today, I gave the guy $955 for it. I have it marked right now at $1250. I have new ones for $1575.00

Get a good belt and holster !!!!!!! www.TheBeltman.net

82ndVet
01-26-2013, 09:14
I'd take a TRP over four glocks...:shocked:

Can't argue with the weight though...as the TRPs are probably the heaviest production 1911 on the market, as well as the best> my opinion.

You need to ask yourself..."what can I replace this TRP with, that will get me out ahead, with better quality, reliability, performance, and piece of mind"...?

I didn't ask myself that question...because there was no question...:dunno:

My current 45 inventory consists of total quality, reliability, performance, and piece of mind...

TRP
G30
P220

jakebrake
01-26-2013, 09:17

how bout it.

Line Rider
01-26-2013, 12:40
If you've never carried a gun the first thing you have to understand is that a gun is not comfortable to carry. You have to get used to wearing for long periods of time. And the best way to get used to it is to buy a GOOD holster and belt.

Keep the TRP, period. Glocks are great guns, but they're not a 1911. I would not trade off a 1911 until I've shot it enough( less a 1000 rd) to know how it feels. Truly in a year you'll be looking for another 1911 if you sell it.

Go out and fine a used Glock 17 or 19 and a three to six mags, and Milt Sparks Summer Special.

Spiffums
01-26-2013, 14:26
About two weeks ago I purchased a brand new SA 1911 TRP. I brought it to the range and it was absolutely flawless. I bought it thinking I was going to carry it concealed once I take the class in May, but after carrying it around the house I've come to realize that it's too heavy for me to carry comfortably.

I hate to get rid of it, but am planning on switching to a Glock. This may be a silly question, but is it reasonable when trading it in to ask for two Glocks in exchange for the TRP to make it an equal trade? I'm not quite familiar with the price drop of a used gun, so I just wanted to get some feedback before I start looking around.

Ill trade ya a Glock 40 and 2 "high cap" clips for it...... theoretically thats $1500 LOL :rofl:

Frankenteg
01-26-2013, 16:40

Yep. I went into a few places and now my butt hurts.

I think a 1911 is easier to carry than a Glock because it's thinner. It is a little heavier, but with a MTAC/CTAC or Versa Max II, and a decent belt, no worries. Beside that, the worst TRP trigger is better than the best Glock trigger...:supergrin:

That was my original reasoning for deciding on a 1911.

I've decided to keep it. I bought a thick belt that fits a lot better than the one I was using before. WOW! Thanks for pointing this out. It feels a million times better than before.

mrjinglesusa
01-27-2013, 10:36
Glad you decided to keep it. I LOVE my Springfield TRP. Fantastic gun right out of the box. I did "upgrade" to a Wilson Combat full length recoil spring rod since I didn't want to have to use a tool to field strip. Other than that - keepin' her completely stock.

Taphius
01-27-2013, 21:23
Try a 3speed holster

Mad Ryan
01-27-2013, 21:34
Get a Comp Tac Minotaur. That thing will make any gun ride well, even my TRP.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f296/madryan/TRP%20Project/IMG_3272_zps4cf44b01.jpg

happy seal
01-29-2013, 18:07
Get a Comp Tac Minotaur. That thing will make any gun ride well, even my TRP.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f296/madryan/TRP%20Project/IMG_3272_zps4cf44b01.jpg

Agreed, As soon as I get a few bucks I'm getting this holster for my new TRP! :wavey:

QNman
01-29-2013, 18:31
Ignore these fools... and tell me which two Glocks you'd like to trade it for. Because I'm that nice of a guy... :supergrin:

Mad Ryan
01-30-2013, 00:44
Ignore these fools... and tell me which two Glocks you'd like to trade it for. Because I'm that nice of a guy... :supergrin:

As much as I love my TRP, and I really do, especially after doing a full-house rebuild on it, I'd still never trade my two 9mm glocks for one. They're my Go-To carry guns.

My TRP is bad-ass tho... Great guns.

QNman
01-30-2013, 07:20
As much as I love my TRP, and I really do, especially after doing a full-house rebuild on it, I'd still never trade my two 9mm glocks for one. They're my Go-To carry guns.

My TRP is bad-ass tho... Great guns.

It was said tongue in cheek... Kind of a silly way to say "keep the TRP and buy a Glock". I'd have to buy two Glocks to trade him, because the Glocks I have I will not trade for anything.