Appendix carry G36... what holster do you use? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Appendix carry G36... what holster do you use?

prez1967
01-25-2013, 07:53
Looking to change up my carry setup... What holsters do you guys use to carry your G36/19/26 etc in the appendix position?

lethal tupperwa
01-25-2013, 08:01
this will do nicely

it is the most adjustable one

I like the j-hook

http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/k1/K7.htm

CDW4ME
01-25-2013, 08:02
I have used the Fist kydex clip-on for years.

up1911fan
01-25-2013, 09:36
I carry a G19 AIWB daily. I use a CCC Shaggy, JM Custom AIWB and a JRC CDA-AIWB. Also take a look at Dark Star Gear.

glockman9mm
01-25-2013, 13:39
I just tested out a bladetech IWB kydex with pull-dot loops and it seems to work well in this position. I have the G17 model so it will work with all 3 of my Glock 9's. I have found this is the easiest way for me to conceal my Glocks-- still don't really care for having a loaded chamber pointed at my leg when sitting. I much prefer stong-side carry in a OWB holster- just alot harder to conceal.

tag_heuer
01-26-2013, 02:03
I use and love the milt sparks VM2 holster for my G36. It fits perfectly and the leather is top quality.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

MikeG36
01-26-2013, 02:12
I don't get what the rage is about appendix carry but if I did, it would be in a Ted Blocker IWB Concealment Holster (http://www.tedblockerholsters.com/product.cfm?pi=5CB09456-E050-58E7-E3A5660C3854227E).

I have one for my Sig P228 which also works great with my G36. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/Mike16610/TEDBLOCKERSIGP228.jpg

lethal tupperwa
01-26-2013, 08:44
Mike, when you are built like a coat rack I can understand why appendix

might not be for you.

You could hide a 12 gauge under a tee shirt:wavey:

I would have trouble hiding a slim jim.

SDR
01-26-2013, 08:48
I'm a big minimalist fan for appendix carry as I'm not of large stature. I love my MIC from GlockTech.

deputy1199
01-26-2013, 13:56
If I did carry appendix-style, the holster would be KEVLAR! Can never be too careful.

HGxyz
01-26-2013, 14:52
I like Remora holsters because you can easily adjust how deep in the waistband you carry to fit the circumstance. For example, driving to work, it's a lot more comfortable to have the muzzle barely bast the bottom of my belt, then shift it down for good concealment as I step out of the car.

HGxyz
01-26-2013, 14:59
... still don't really care for having a loaded chamber pointed at my leg when sitting. ...
That's why I carry Glocks (in a good holster) - I'm not worried it's going to fire unless I pull the trigger.

TurboRocket
01-26-2013, 20:32
I currently use a Comp-Tac 2 O'Clock. I've tried the Archangel from Dale Fricke and the Raven ACR. The Comp-Tac is more comfortable, and the clip allows for easy on and off, yet provides sufficient stability.

MLittle
01-27-2013, 09:20
this will do nicely

it is the most adjustable one

I like the j-hook

I'm also looking for another aiwb holster and have a question about the Fist holster linked above..... I can't see the back of the holster.....is there a sweat guard? Does the back of the holster extend and cover the back of the slide? It appears from the picture that the holster doesn't protect the sights from bumps...

cldbase
01-27-2013, 11:51
I like the High-Noon Mr. Softy for appendix carry.
Leather just feels better against my skin.
The Mr. Softy has the lowest ride of any holster I have found so far. It is a straight drop with only the pistol grip sitting above my belt.

The long kydex 'sweat guard' on the Comp-Tac 2 o'clock digs in to my stomach. I didn't like it. Additionally it rides high(er), showing more print and allowing the weight of the gun to lean away from the body. The 2 o'clock does allows for a better grip when drawing.

eb07
01-27-2013, 11:53
Dale Fricke Archangel.

up1911fan
01-27-2013, 19:33
Dale Fricke Archangel.

Does nothing to hide the gun.

1canvas
01-30-2013, 21:51
I like Remora holsters because you can easily adjust how deep in the waistband you carry to fit the circumstance. For example, driving to work, it's a lot more comfortable to have the muzzle barely bast the bottom of my belt, then shift it down for good concealment as I step out of the car.

although I have had one for my j-frame and 27 for some time and they have their uses, I need a holster with some kind of hook up to my belt.

1canvas
01-30-2013, 21:54
I like the High-Noon Mr. Softy for appendix carry.
Leather just feels better against my skin.
The Mr. Softy has the lowest ride of any holster I have found so far. It is a straight drop with only the pistol grip sitting above my belt.

The long kydex 'sweat guard' on the Comp-Tac 2 o'clock digs in to my stomach. I didn't like it. Additionally it rides high(er), showing more print and allowing the weight of the gun to lean away from the body. The 2 o'clock does allows for a better grip when drawing.

I'm with you on the Mr. Softy for all the same reasons. I did have to change out the clip, it was to hard to remove.

SCmasterblaster
01-31-2013, 08:58
I carry a G17 at the 11 o'clock position with NO holster.

robrides85
01-31-2013, 18:02
Vanguard.

SilverBullet_83
01-31-2013, 18:22
I carry a G17 at the 11 o'clock position with NO holster.

Thug life

intheshaw
02-01-2013, 16:04
I use the desantis sof tuck to carry my 26 at the 2 oclock position. I don't really think its the best out there, but I didn't want to spend a lot because I wasnt sure if I wanted to carry there. I think I paid like 20 bucks on amazon, and I do like it, and i think it's worth what I paid. My biggest complaint is that I wish the firmer leather that they put at the top of the holster continued around the trigger guard area too. I tried to use it for idpa but it was hard to reholster when the edges would fold over.

http://www.desantisholster.com/store/SEARCH-BY-GUN-MANUFACTURER/KELTEC/PF9/INSIDE-THE-WAIST-BAND-HOLSTERS/sof-tucktm

roberev
02-02-2013, 05:40
I have started carrying my G33 in a Galco Tuck-n-Go, and love it. The Remora was nice for ease of taking off and on quickly; however, I was always nervous that it would flop out onto the floor. I need a concealed appendix holster that has zero chance of exposure. I think I have found it in the Galco.

Rob

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

bennie1986
02-02-2013, 06:50
As stated somewhere above i too do not understand the current rage of appendix carry. Why do people carry like this? Isn't it near impossible to sit down? Someone also eluded to being skinny as the reason. I am skinny and I've not had trouble concealing at 5 o'clock. Im not arguing against this style of carry just hoping someone can enlighten me.

Woody Jones
02-02-2013, 13:40
I use a MIC from Glocktech. I made a little modification to mine that lets me use tuckable.

sportsman223
02-04-2013, 15:43
VanguardII or comptac 2 O clock

Iguana
02-06-2013, 17:44
Comp-Tac 2 o'clock.

Glockworks
02-06-2013, 20:53
I'm a big minimalist fan for appendix carry as I'm not of large stature. I love my MIC from GlockTech.
I am built stout (to put it mildly) and I so far prefer appendix carry and usually with a MIC holster also. I also do Desantis and Uncle Mikes, but the MIC holster from Glocktech adds zero width and is easy to use.

Glockworks
02-06-2013, 20:58
As stated somewhere above i too do not understand the current rage of appendix carry. Why do people carry like this? Isn't it near impossible to sit down? Someone also eluded to being skinny as the reason. I am skinny and I've not had trouble concealing at 5 o'clock. Im not arguing against this style of carry just hoping someone can enlighten me.
In my case, easy access, does not ever print (I always wear my shirts out) and it is comfortable. To me I've tried many other methods and they always at some time print.

bennie1986
02-06-2013, 22:02
In my case, easy access, does not ever print (I always wear my shirts out) and it is comfortable. To me I've tried many other methods and they always at some time print.

Can you sit down? It seems to me that that would be fairly uncomfortable.

up1911fan
02-06-2013, 22:58
Sitting is no issue if you have the right holster in the right position.

bennie1986
02-06-2013, 23:10
Sitting is no issue if you have the right holster in the right position.

I'll have to give it a try i guess just to see how it works.

up1911fan
02-07-2013, 09:24
I'll have to give it a try i guess just to see how it works.
As I said earlier, your never going to get the comfort and concealment the guy's who rave about AIWB without a true, dedicated AIWB holster. These straight drop IWB's with a clip don't cut it. You need something designed with a wedge to tuck the butt of the gun in for concealment.

deadeye99
02-08-2013, 18:04
You can lean over without printing. People don't generally stare "there". You can reach it in the car. That said I love the Alabama holster hooker for my g36. Bob

MLittle
02-09-2013, 12:47

Now see, I'm the exact opposite from you........I just don't understand how Anyone can carry behind the hip at 3:30-4:00.... I tried that years ago when I first started carrying and it felt like I was sitting on a brick, plus access to the pistol just takes too long. I experimented with different positions and found appendix carry the best for me. I won't go into the advantages to appendix carry....if you're curious, just do a search on the internet and you'll find plenty of discourse on the advantages of this kind of carry vs behind the hip. One misconception about appendix carry is the muzzle digging into your leg. It doesn't happen with many appendix holsters since they sit higher on the beltline allowing easy, full grip of the firearm and keeping the muzzle in the crease between the upper leg and the abdomen. I favor "Commander" sized weapons and they fit my body perfectly.

Everyone has a spot on their beltline where they find carry to be the most comfortable. It's a very personal thing and everyone is different as to what they prefer.

bikinbill
02-09-2013, 15:54
I just tested out a bladetech IWB kydex with pull-dot loops and it seems to work well in this position. I have the G17 model so it will work with all 3 of my Glock 9's. I have found this is the easiest way for me to conceal my Glocks-- still don't really care for having a loaded chamber pointed at my leg when sitting. I much prefer stong-side carry in a OWB holster- just alot harder to conceal.

While Christmas shopping "for my wife", on Amazon.com, I found the "Glock Saf-T-Block", so... I did a little Christmas shopping for myself. Back when I was a cop, I carried a Sig, and was always a bit hesitant with the Glocks, but this block allows me to carry one in the chamber with good peace of mind. it is designed so a small luggage lock can be put in it for home storage, but the tab may be cut off if you carry in a holster that is designed and molded to use the trigger guard as part of the retention. It pushes out very quick, and doesn't slow down firing time.

bennie1986
02-09-2013, 18:48
Now see, I'm the exact opposite from you........I just don't understand how Anyone can carry behind the hip at 3:30-4:00.... I tried that years ago when I first started carrying and it felt like I was sitting on a brick, plus access to the pistol just takes too long. I experimented with different positions and found appendix carry the best for me. I won't go into the advantages to appendix carry....if you're curious, just do a search on the internet and you'll find plenty of discourse on the advantages of this kind of carry vs behind the hip. One misconception about appendix carry is the muzzle digging into your leg. It doesn't happen with many appendix holsters since they sit higher on the beltline allowing easy, full grip of the firearm and keeping the muzzle in the crease between the upper leg and the abdomen. I favor "Commander" sized weapons and they fit my body perfectly.

Everyone has a spot on their beltline where they find carry to be the most comfortable. It's a very personal thing and everyone is different as to what they prefer.

So it requires a certain holster?

gocubs6
02-09-2013, 21:42
Try their skeleton holster.

http://www.phlster.com/#!online-shop

up1911fan
02-09-2013, 23:35
so it requires a certain holster?

yes!!

SCmasterblaster
02-10-2013, 14:13
Try Bianchi - http://www.bianchi-intl.com/

4Rules
02-10-2013, 17:18

Yes. A certain holster, and a certain belt.

AIWB (Appendix Carry)
http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?120-AIWB-%28Appendix-Carry%29

AIWB holsters, a pictorial guide
http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?896-AIWB-holsters-a-pictorial-guide

Shaggy, Custom Carry Concepts taking orders
http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?2308-Shaggy-Custom-Carry-Concepts-taking-orders

JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster review
http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?3597-JM-Custom-Kydex-AIWB-holster-review

Keepers Concealment AIWB Kydex Holster
http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?3933-Keepers-Concealment-AIWB-Kydex-Holster

up1911fan
02-10-2013, 22:56
Yes. A certain holster, and a certain belt.

Add JRC and DSG and you've got the only holsters I would (and do) use for AIWB. I tried the Comp Tac, Fricke and others, they all suck!

38Mike
02-11-2013, 13:57
Appendix carry + G36/G26 = Mitch Rosen CLP holster..

MLittle
02-11-2013, 15:32

Sure....most are straight drop with no cant. You can get low ride aiwb holsters, but for me they make getting a firing grip difficult. I've tried several but have pretty much settled on the Dale Fricke Archangel. The Archangel allows a full combat grip of the pistol and it's made of kydex. I prefer kydex since I usually carry under a t-shirt, against the skin. Down here in Texas, the summers are quite hot and I don't like how leather holsters absorb sweat.

Veracity
02-12-2013, 14:41
I use a Raven Concealment Vanguard II

igor
02-12-2013, 14:44
i use appendix carry for my g 19 and g 26. i use a blade tech iwb. it comes with two one way snap loops. i take off the rear loop and just use the front one. it hides very well for me

prez1967
03-31-2013, 08:57
waiting on a Don Hume for my G36 to try this method of carry. I really like how the Comp-Tac 2o'clock looks but not sure if I wanna spend the money just yet. Plus I figure leather is probably more comfortable than plastic in that area. I will report back ASAP

lethal tupperwa
03-31-2013, 15:34
ml

" Please note that all of the alterations are available on our kydex holsters such as the body protector "

the holsters lined up on the belt show the back side

http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/k1/gen.htm

shows how thin the holster is

Buttapollock1010
03-31-2013, 20:12
I use my tommy thesis with my 26. I carry around 12-1 oclock. Not saying its the best, but it works for me. I even wear it with basket ball shorts, I tighten the draw string on the shorts and good to go. I'm not comfortable wearing the remora with basketball shorts. I would be interested in a picture of some of these apendix style holsters.

lethal tupperwa
04-01-2013, 06:36
try clicking the link above

the critter
04-01-2013, 16:09
I tried appendix carry with an unkle mike IWB holster for my 36, but it wasn't comfortable. To fat lol. I now carry strong side OWB outside the waistband ina blackhawk serpa holster, I just started buying shirts that were a size bigger or in "tall" sizes.

Darkangel1846
04-01-2013, 16:32
Milt sparks, but then again I don't app carry every since I read about that guy that shot himself in the PP! (read this in a falsetto voice.)

SCmasterblaster
04-01-2013, 17:48
http://www.bianchi-intl.com/