Springfield mags no more to NYS [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Springfield mags no more to NYS

COLDSTEEL165
01-25-2013, 17:08
I called up SA looking for an extra mag for my XD40 gun & for my 1911 also.? And I was told because of the new Law that our beloved Gov. Como put into Law here in NYS. that SA Lawyers told SA not to sell or ship any more mags to NYS even though the 1911 ones are for 7 rounds.? This new Law does not go into effect for the mags until April 14, 2014. So WTF is SA doing to us NYS Residents.? :crying: :steamed:

Taphius
01-25-2013, 18:47
Pissing off residents enough to go change politicians minds hopefully.

Ruggles
01-25-2013, 19:35

True enough.

coachl
01-25-2013, 21:08
Move to the south. Cheaper taxes, less of a nanny mind set, and open carry and all the mags you want!

Cadcom
01-25-2013, 21:10
Move to the south. Cheaper taxes, less of a nanny mind set, and open carry and all the mags you want!

No!!!! Then they drag their liberal politics down here with them and pollute our gene pool.

MD357
01-26-2013, 01:14
So WTF is SA doing to us NYS Residents.? :crying: :steamed:

SA is doing nothing. See your local "politicians"

Won't happen.

CAcop
01-26-2013, 04:52
Companies do this with CA. Some its principle. Others convenience.

misunderestimated
01-26-2013, 05:13
I called up SA looking for an extra mag for my XD40 gun & for my 1911 also.? And I was told because of the new Law that our beloved Gov. Como put into Law here in NYS. that SA Lawyers told SA not to sell or ship any more mags to NYS even though the 1911 ones are for 7 rounds.? This new Law does not go into effect for the mags until April 14, 2014. So WTF is SA doing to us NYS Residents.? :crying: :steamed:

I sent a letter to Glock begging them not to abandon us and to please make a 7 round magazine so we can still purchase there guns new,I hope they help us if they don't I understand

Don't blame the manufacturer, Blame our friends and neighbors who voted these ignorant people into office. Then blame our self's for not getting involved enough.I wrote my letters,emails, made my phone calls atteneded meeting that were mostly empty except for the media and the politicians.

Glock and the other gun manufacturers would probably serve us better by stopping all sales to New York for LE also,

clancy
01-26-2013, 05:39
No!!!! Then they drag their liberal politics down here with them and pollute our gene pool.

Not all of us are like that!

faawrenchbndr
01-26-2013, 06:22
...... . So WTF is SA doing to us NYS Residents.? :crying: :steamed:

So how the HEJJ is this Springfield's fault? :dunno:
Sounds like NY has some voting to do.

glock2740
01-26-2013, 08:15
So WTF is SA doing to us NYS Residents.? :crying: :steamed:
Hate it for you, but your politicians SUCK! And they are the one's who caused this. I hope Glock, Sig, S&W, Ruger, etc., all do the exact same. IMO, Glock shouldn't supply another gun, part or service to the NYPD. And no other company should jump in line to replace them, unless they ONLY send 7 round mags with those guns. Maybe if 35,000+ police officers complain' there might be some serious negative reaction to that stupid ass "law". And I would love to see the reaction from cuomo and bloomburg from their security details being limited to only 7 rounds. Oh, but that's probably a complete different story I bet. :upeyes:

jakebrake
01-26-2013, 08:17

you folks got so screwed.

the 5 boros did this to the rest of the state.

Beretta92guy
01-26-2013, 14:47
don't blame SA, blame that idiotic, moronic, donkeys-ass governor you have up there....

clancy
01-26-2013, 14:48
you folks got so screwed.

the 5 boros did this to the rest of the state.

Nothing is done and nothing happens in NYS unless it benefits New York City.

Wolfgang
01-26-2013, 15:20

This has happened to VA, and moving your way!

leeward419
01-27-2013, 04:53
even though the 1911 ones are for 7 rounds.? This new Law does not go into effect for the mags until April 14, 2014. So WTF is SA doing to us NYS Residents.?
The mag restriction start april 14th of this year, the ammo restrictions next year and the ban day of signing

leeward419
01-27-2013, 04:54
and yes we can blame SA too. They never got on board with 10 rnders, and yes why not blame them for NOT shpg NYS legal mags here...if these companies dont get on baord with defending 2nd ammendment SA will be selling their guns in Brazil not here

RRP
01-27-2013, 05:10
and yes we can blame SA too. They never got on board with 10 rnders, and yes why not blame them for NOT shpg NYS legal mags here...

Springfield is not in the business of 7 round magazines. That's not what the make. And right now, demand is SO great for the products they do make, why should they retool to start making 7 or 10 round mags? They can't keep up with demand as is. They don't need NYS' business.

Beware who you elect to political offices.

leeward419
01-27-2013, 05:22
Springfield is not in the business of 7 round magazines. That's not what the make. And right now,
How do you figure.......
A seven round mag is exactly what they supplied with my SA 1911. and yes they wont ship me any others so...they are cutting me loose, so i guess they are not in the business of serviceing existing customer, with legal prducts cause they dont what to be at risk for...?

RRP
01-27-2013, 05:31
...they are cutting me loose

Yes they are.

SA is standing against gun control and choosing not to sell to NYS.

These forums have been filled with complaints about businesses that support gun control. And now, when SA takes a stand against control, you are complaining. You can't have it both ways.

txbirddog
01-27-2013, 06:55

No, but sadly more are than not......

leeward419
01-27-2013, 07:59
Yes they are.

SA is standing against gun control and choosing not to sell to NYS.

These forums have been filled with complaints about businesses that support gun control. And now, when SA takes a stand against control, you are complaining. You can't have it both ways.
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/images/statusicon/user_online.gifhttp://www.glocktalk.com/forums/images/buttons/report.gif (http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/report.php?p=19916421)
how so....they are protecting themselves...SA want to stand against gun control...come out an say it...cancel all NYS gov contracts and do what ruger does...start suporting scope, 2nd ammend found, etc
that is way differenct than hiding....how were they not against gun control when the sold me 7 round mags in my shiny new SA 1911 before and now they are.....
we also blame the idiots who vote for commies...and are bringing suit etc fighting for our rights...most folks onh this site howerver are taking the tact that it cant happen nationally...just like the democratnews says...good luck with that by the way

ps have not heard of any companies threatening to not sell to the govt, ie arm them against their own citizens....save one...KUDOS Ronnie Barrett

Standing against gun control here would be for SA to step up shipments of 7 round 1911's to the folks here in NYS, thumbing their nose at Cuomo they arestill legal after all...instead they are actually committing gun control by pulling out. One of the only options for self defense left for me in semi auto is a 1911 due to 7 round capacity...was looking for one...just crossed SA of the list..maybe SIG insnt practicing gun control for the gov yet

Try to look atthis from another angle....NYS is a trial ballon...they pass a few onerous restrictions and all the gun companies, ammo companies reloading companies and accessory companies stop shipping to NYS. How long before the feds realize this do the same thing and bingo....no guns, no ammo, no anything available....in spite of their being legal...........this type of voluntary gun control caused by the companies running for cover may be coming to your state soon

minderasr
01-27-2013, 08:17

This ^^^. Life long (52 this year) Conservative. Only recently switched to the Republican party so I can vote in the primaries.

Nothing is done and nothing happens in NYS unless it benefits New York City.

Very true. Bloomberg has far too much sway in Albany.

The bleeding heart liberals are being spewed out, assembly line style, from the education system. Conservative professors/students are ostracized. It's not just a New York problem, we (apparently) are just leading the way. If it's not already there, it's coming to a college near you.

kirgi08
01-27-2013, 08:32
A 7 digit salary would not sway me ta live in NYS,and I was born there.'08.

Quack
01-27-2013, 09:30
All gun manufacturers need to do what Barrett and STI did to California and stop sales to the state including LE, or only provide 7rd firearms to LE as well. Kimber and Remington need to move so that their tax dollars don't support the crap state.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

faawrenchbndr
01-27-2013, 09:40
:agree:

Jim Watson
01-27-2013, 10:49
Some Internet Experts have interpreted the NY Ban to mean that a 7 round 1911 magazine, GI for 60+ years before Devel designed the trick follower to squeeze in 8, is not allowed because it is "readily convertable" to hold more than 7 rounds.

If I were a manufacturer, I would not be shipping ANYTHING to NY until the official regulations and interpretations came down. And of course I would take the Barrett pledge and not sell anything to any government agent or agency that could not be bought by a reputable citizen there.

Travclem
01-27-2013, 10:56
No, but sadly more are than not......
Yeah, just look at the big cities in TX that are full of transplants. All blue counties. I welcome shooters and protectors of the 2A to come to Texas, all I ask is that you send 2 liberal transplants back home to Kali or NYS. They destroyed their states and now, like the parasites that they are, they are destroying ours.

If every gun company, distributor, and retailer would pledge to not do business with these states' governments, some attitudes might change. Unfortunately the almighty dollar speaks louder than ethics to some.

RYT 2BER
01-28-2013, 04:45
A 7 digit salary would not sway me ta live in NYS,and I was born there.'08.

This entire post is exactly the same for me.