CCW renewal [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : CCW renewal

josey88
01-25-2013, 17:35
Man , what a great state Florida is ...!!!
My CCW was due to expire in 6 months from now , around June 2013 ... with all of this madness about guns now in high gear , I got a bit concerned .
I started to search about the way to renew my license and how or how long I would have to wait to do the renewal ... I found everything I needed online. The state will supposedly send you the renewal form automatically around 180 days before the date of expiration ... I didn`t want to wait out of concern so I called the main office and asked for the renewal form . A very nice lady took my call and sent me the renewal form . which I received 3 days later .When you get it , you have two choices : you can fill up the form and have it notarized , get the photos and the check , send it by mail and then sit down to wait up to 3 months to get it on the mail , or go to a one of new 8 different regional offices around the State ,( the closest one to you) and have them process the paperwork on the spot . They will take your photo ( free of charge ) will fill up and notarize the renewal form and issue you the new CCW license on the spot .
Well, I did just that . Called for an appointment (strictly appointment only), got there one hour earlier thinking that it would perhaps take me the whole day to do the whole thing ...
I arrived , signed the arrival sheet and was directed to sit down on a desk with an employee waiting that took my picture , signed and dated the form and I was out the door 7 minutes later with my brand spanking new renewed CCW license for the next 7 years and 6 months ... yes , they even included the time I had left on my license until next June , even thou it was issued on this month Jan . It took 7 minutes from arriving to leaving the office with the renewed CCW and that included the signing of the arrival paper sheet at the front desk ... WOW !!!
They even shredded the old license ... if this is not the greatest gun friendly state on this republic, I don`t know what is .
I am so grateful that I live on Florida , and for so many other things ... I come from New Jersey and moving down is the single best decision I ever did . Sorry, New jerseyans , no pund intended

Reaver2218
01-25-2013, 19:49
that is awesome and grats on having the extra 6 months left added to the time.

The Fed
01-25-2013, 19:56
It only took 12 calendar days for me to get my renewal back by mail.

ICARRY2
01-29-2013, 13:46
I would like to see lifetime permits issued at 18. Just like Indiana. Not sure if any other states do this.

bear62
01-29-2013, 17:46
Seems like FL treated you right.......

josey88
01-29-2013, 19:10
Seems like FL treated you right.......

Absolutely ... I love it here !!! good weather , gun friendly , no state tax ... what` s not to like ?
I was also provided with a list of 35 states that recognize Florida concealed license , so Florida also recognize them .

Redheadhunter21
02-02-2013, 13:32
I went to my regional office to get my cwp for the first time and it was a breeze waited less than 2 weeks for my card to be in the mail. Price is a little more than some states but they make it easy for us.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)