Apex [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Apex

jim7777b
01-25-2013, 20:00
Gen 3 and 4 Apex extractors back in stock...:cool:

up1911fan
01-25-2013, 20:37
Just ordered one for my new Gen3 G19 just in case.

WayneJessie
01-25-2013, 21:05

Are they a definite fix for the BTF issues?

SJ 40
01-25-2013, 22:35
Good to know. Thanks SJ 40

jim7777b
01-26-2013, 12:45
Apexes have fixed it on my two Gen 3's---can't speak for everyone but, most of the posts I have seen on the BTF issue say it at least "helped" them. :popcorn:

HGxyz
01-26-2013, 13:44

The web site just now says the gen4s are out of stock. Said the same thing yesterday. Did they get some in between and sell out?

glockman9mm
01-26-2013, 13:57
Are they an improved repacement part for guns that havn't had problems??? Or do they only work in messed up guns to compensate for out of spec slides???

jim7777b
01-26-2013, 15:29
I know they had some night b4 last----guess they sold out.

:dunno:

WayneJessie
01-26-2013, 15:43
Are they an improved repacement part for guns that havn't had problems??? Or do they only work in messed up guns to compensate for out of spec slides???

I'm new to Glocks. Has there been evidence of slides that were out-of-spec? Has Glock replaced slides for the BTF issue? Does Glock even say there is a problem? I've got a new Gen3 G19 that is throwing brass at me so I do believe at least some of the complaints have merit. The Apex extractor is quite a pricey repair to maybe or maybe not completely fix the issue. If it was a night-and-day change in ejection I might pony up for one. Maybe...

jim7777b
01-26-2013, 15:57
I know my money spent on them was worth every penny.

Morris
01-26-2013, 17:57
I'm new to Glocks. Has there been evidence of slides that were out-of-spec? Has Glock replaced slides for the BTF issue? Does Glock even say there is a problem?

Slides weren't the issue, it was the extractors. And yes, in armorer courses, Glock has confirmed there were issues.

WayneJessie
01-26-2013, 19:06
Slides weren't the issue, it was the extractors. And yes, in armorer courses, Glock has confirmed there were issues.

Since Glock confirmed it, did they offer a solution or an updated part? My new Gen3 G19 has a bad case of it but I really don't want to have to send it in and be without it for who knows how long.

glockman9mm
01-26-2013, 21:31
I had read on here that it wasn't just the poor extractors- it was also a slight change in the spacing between the breechface and extractor- that even putting in an older extractor doesn't work in some guns. Have also read that the EDPlunger raceway edges weren't machined quite right and that when the plunger and extractor begin to wear down-around 3,000rds. for alot of people- that that is when the problems have first started for some people.

My Gen. 3 G19 has 1900rds on it and is so far ok- but it was made right when the Gen.4 19's came out and has the dipped extractor. Been thinking of ordering one of these for a spare in case mine acts up but dunno if it's worth it if it only works in some.

jim7777b
01-27-2013, 05:35
Since Glock confirmed it, did they offer a solution or an updated part? My new Gen3 G19 has a bad case of it but I really don't want to have to send it in and be without it for who knows how long.
I recently sent my 27 to Glock--it had an unusual problem that neither I nor the local experts could solve in that the barrel would not come level with the slide when it returned to battery. It was back to me working, in 10 days. :therapy:

Morris
01-27-2013, 08:22
I had read on here that it wasn't just the poor extractors- it was also a slight change in the spacing between the breechface and extractor- that even putting in an older extractor doesn't work in some guns. Have also read that the EDPlunger raceway edges weren't machined quite right and that when the plunger and extractor begin to wear down-around 3,000rds. for alot of people- that that is when the problems have first started for some people.

That was addressed as well (looked at my notes).

There is an updated part but in reality, if you send it to Glock, they will have it to you within two weeks, if not less. Call first, however.

ninjag19
01-28-2013, 19:15
Still NG today! It will be approx. a week or so more for the Gen4, however the Gen3s are in stock.