City Councilman versus U.S. Constitution [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : City Councilman versus U.S. Constitution

happyguy
01-26-2013, 05:31
A citizen addresses the Oak Harbor City Council encouraging them to support firearm owners and firearm safety and a councilman makes a motion for a new ordinance banning firearms in the council chambers which is against our state law.
The councilman then leaves the chambers after the motion fails stating he will not stay in chambers as long as armed citizens are present.

Mayor Scott Dudley reminds council members of oath they took to defend the Laws and Consitution of the United States and of the State of Washington.

The story behind this video can be viewed at:
http://www.islandpolitics.org/?p=8732

http://youtu.be/TxHnCei4wzg

The fun begins around 3:30.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy :)

jthrelf
01-26-2013, 09:34
That mayor rocks! Good for him!

Atomic Punk
01-26-2013, 10:17
sounds like fun. will have to check out the vid when i get a chance.

TDC20
01-26-2013, 10:26
I really like the way the veteran with the CCW handled himself. He's a very good spokesperson for the CCW community.

I also like the way the Mayor closed out the meeting by pointing out the oath of office that all council members have taken to support the Constitution, and how that 2 of the council members violated that oath during the meeting. Too bad his closing comments weren't made on the floors of Congress!

redbaron007
01-26-2013, 10:44
Good video. Clearly shows the difference between those in elected office who respects the constitution and those who want to rule! These two councilman, I hope, are feeling tremendously embarrassed!

:wavey:

red

CanMan
01-26-2013, 10:48
Too bad Seattle doesn't have a Mayor like Dudley instead of suffering the likes of McGinn or his vitriolic wannabe successors.

IndyGunFreak
01-26-2013, 11:23
What's almost as bad as that idiot, is the moron who made a second of his motion so that it would be called to a vote (I'm assuming he didn't want a fellow Democrat embarrassed)... Was glad to see the others voted with common sense, rather than emotion.

IGF

RPVG
01-26-2013, 11:31
Good to see that cooler heads (and the Constitution) prevailed. If only our U.S. Congress behaved the same way!

dukeblue91
01-26-2013, 11:41
What I don't understand is that when politicians willfully break their oath and spit onto peoples rights that there are no repercussions for doing so.
When I break the law I get arrested and hauled to see a judge and to me it should be the same if officials break their oath or law by trembling on peoples rights.

NEOH212
01-26-2013, 21:01
That mayor rocks! Good for him!

We could really use many more like him!

:patriot:

Lord
01-26-2013, 22:46
What I don't understand is that when politicians willfully break their oath and spit onto peoples rights that there are no repercussions for doing so.
When I break the law I get arrested and hauled to see a judge and to me it should be the same if officials break their oath or law by trembling on peoples rights.

after what played out, this council member will not likely see another term. Especially after he got publicly called out by the Mayor on his failure to support the laws of the constitution and the state. Further, it's unprofessional and an embarrassment to ANY public servant who does that 3rd grader action and walks out...

I would vote for that Mayor based on this alone; that he swore an oath to abide by the constitution and its laws... too few politicians in office anywhere that remember they are there to represent WE THE PEOPLE, not THEY THEMSELVES

itstime
01-26-2013, 22:49

I agree with this. "they" seem to play on a different rule book. I would think a lot of them would be in jail playing "our" rules.

steveksux
01-27-2013, 10:59
I like to think the best of people.

Maybe he excused himself so he could stand in the corner as punishment for breaking his oath to defend the Constitution. :whistling:

Randy

Hangontight
01-27-2013, 12:16
Saw this last night via Hickok45's channel....I thought it was great.

GreenDrake
01-27-2013, 12:26
What happened to the entire public attending? Did you notice how many there were when he first stood to speak, then after the opposing council left?

redbaron007
01-28-2013, 08:09
What happened to the entire public attending? Did you notice how many there were when he first stood to speak, then after the opposing council left?

I noticed that too. I'm wondering if they continued with other business then followed up at towards the end. I thought I read a comment in the article this what happened. They continued with the regular business, then tied it all together at the end. I found it interesting the Mayor had his oath of office right there....I'm thinking he had it retrieved during the regular meeting to make his presentation at the end. Still ok by me.

:wavey:

red

SJ 40
01-28-2013, 20:20
Well Bye ! SJ 40

SCmasterblaster
01-31-2013, 08:31
has his head on straight!