Durability of mag release? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Durability of mag release?

glockman9mm
01-26-2013, 14:05
Has anyone here ever had the stock mag release on these fine weapons wear down enough to cause any problems? Or are they self lubricating enough to have no worries? I have always just pushed in the release and let the mag drop. I was reading somewhere that i should press up on loaded mags so i don't cause undo wear on the release. I've only been running Glocks since 2008 so not a high use rate yet on mine but the releases appear like new to me when checked at last cleaning. Just have normal scuff marks on the mags- no different from first use of them.

4Rules
01-26-2013, 16:03
Some people who used aftermarket magazines (like USA brand magazines) reported wear on the magazine catch. Some of those people chose to replace their OEM magazine catch for an aftermarket magazine catch made from metal.

For a while, Glock offered the 21SF with either a conventional magazine catch or an ambidextrous magazine catch (which required the cut on the leading edge of the magazine). Outside of the U.S., other models may have been available, and the Glock Annual suggests that you can still order it. Anyway, it has been reported that the 21SF with the ambidextrous magazine catch suffered from issues.

robhic
01-26-2013, 17:33
Can't say as I have noticed or experienced any problems with my 5 Glocks. I've also not seen any threads where someone was complaining of problems, either. I wouldn't worry....