Local gun shops over run with customers!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Local gun shops over run with customers!!

elijah58
01-26-2013, 15:16
I don't know if this is going on everywhere or not but, here in the midlands of South Carolina I have been to 5 LGS's within an hours drive of my home and haven't seen anything like this. The indoor ranges are full to overflowing with people waiting in line to get in, ammo, guns, safes, reloading supplies everything is nearly sold out. I have seen from 4-15 people in line at the counter the entire time I was there. I have a friend that wanted to get back into reloading since he had everything but the powder primers and heads. He is an FFL and has a retail license so he buys straight from the distributor, he told me yesterday that they were out of stock on everything he needed, primers, powder and heads, even out of reloading books. I bought a Hornady LNL press a few months ago and got 500 free xtp's in the caliber I wanted, I sent the paperwork in to Hornady and it still took 2 months to get them, I had forgotten they were coming it had been so long. I guess this would be a great time to have a gun shop. I also saw used Glocks going for more than new ones......go figure.

Eli

Tap Tap
01-26-2013, 15:39
Where have you been? It's like that in the entire country right now. December set all time records (by a long shot) of something like 1,700,000 firearms sold, yes that's one month and it would have been much higher if everyone had more stock.

SJ 40
01-26-2013, 15:51
It's the same in Vermont also and if one happens to find a G 17-19 or 26,good luck finding any kind of ammunition for it and don't even mention 223. SJ 40

xy9142
01-26-2013, 16:09
Same in NY. The local guys here had a line outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bruce M
01-26-2013, 16:16
Is it true that some Walmarts have run out of some kinds of ammunition?:whistling:

marcoh
01-26-2013, 16:21
I was at my LGS recently, and not only was there a crowd, but from the types of questions I heard asked of the sales staff, I gathered that many people were first time buyers.

robhic
01-26-2013, 16:29
In my area (outside of New Orleans) I went to the LGS on Wednesday before that tragic shooting in Conn. happened. It was a ghost town.

I went back Monday (4-5 days later) and the place was overflowing, even the wall displays were thinning out. It took me 45 minutes to get the guy to give me the paperwork for the FBI check, and then another 15-20 minutes for it to go through!

The range that is usually sparsely attended during the week is now occupied by 3-6 folks in the 7 lanes and instruction / CCW classes now occur during the week instead of just weekends these days.

MarkCO
01-26-2013, 16:32
Not General Glocking