Trading magazines... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Trading magazines...

4095fanatic
01-26-2013, 17:02
Just a quick question, would like some input. Due to the jacked up panic buying/hoarding/selling for fifty dollars on Gun Broker craze going on, I've had a devil of a time getting mags for a soon-to-be-mine GLOCK 34. I placed orders at two different places for GLOCK 17 and GLOCK 23 mags hoping one would come through... both shipped me G23 mags, neither was able to send G17. So now I have a bunch of G23 mags and no spare G17 magazines. Put up on a local forum asking if anyone wanted to swap magazines (I was hoping someone had the opposite happen to them)... first offer I got was someone offering to trade me 3 KCI G17 mags for 3 G23 mags, then he tried offering one G17 mag for every 2 G23 mags I traded him. I don't mind just keeping the extra G23 mags and making do with the mags that come with the G34, but it kind of made me a bit sad... I remember on one of my old forums we had a "pay it forward" thread and we had people GIVING each other spare magazines they didn't need, and now it's come down to this. It did occur to me if I just put my G23 mags on Gun Broker I could get inflated prices for them then buy some G17s at the same price, but I don't want to contribute to the madness that is encouraging people who don't even need spare magazines to order them in hopes of turning a profit. /endrant. :dunno:

HGxyz
01-26-2013, 17:26
One of the most important parts of freedom is free markets. They insure our other freedoms along with keeping prices low and supply plentiful. Though the market is temporarily out of whack (basically a result of people fearing the government will restrict the market in some way - i.e., make it less free) it will normalize in not too long. Use the mags that come with the gun for now and pick up new ones later when they are available.

S. Kelly
01-26-2013, 17:30
Don't do it, the guy's obviously a scumbag.

pangloss9
01-26-2013, 17:41
I wish you had gotten G22 mags instead of G23, because I just bought a used G22 (with only one mag), and I have quite a few G17 mags. I say sell your G23 mags, and roll that money into some G17 mags. You won't end up with as many total mags, but at least you'll get some G17 mags.

tonyparson
01-26-2013, 20:41
If you want to sell some of those G23 mags let me know.

4095fanatic
01-26-2013, 23:35
If no one gets back to me I guess I could. Though I'd only ask $35 each and shipping, as that's what it'd cost me to get some new 9mm mags. Kinda hoping someone will come through on a trade though.

James Dean
01-27-2013, 03:03
I would keep them. In this day and age who knows. You might buy a G23,32,or a 27.

4095fanatic
01-27-2013, 10:02
I have a 27. I just right now have 15 .40 S&W mags and 3 9mm mags. Was hoping to balance that out a little haha.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)