Factory Glock FDE Mags - Need A Little Quick Info [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Factory Glock FDE Mags - Need A Little Quick Info

basicblues
01-26-2013, 19:34
I have the opportunity to purchase locally (2) genuine factory Glock 22 magazines in FDE.

I believe I have found and included an accurate picture to represent the magazine I am trying to describe.

I am probably a little more interested in these magazines since I have a Glock G22 Gen 4 in FDE.

I assume these (2) magazines are Gen 3 since they lack the extra notch found on the Gen 4 mags. Other than the right/left mag release, is there any other downside to these mags that I might not be aware of?

Not being totally familiar with all factory and aftermarket magazine extensions, would these magazine extensions be the plus 1 or plus 2 version?

Considering recent events and the current hysteria aftermath, what would be a fair price to expect to pay for these magazines?

tonyparson
01-26-2013, 20:08
There was a guy here in Tn last week that had 6 of them for sell for $50 each I believe they did sell for that price too.

SJ 40
01-26-2013, 20:13
As far as I know there are factory G 22 magazines produced in Olive Drab,when they are located they tend to be pricy.
I am not aware of FDE magazines although they may exist,just be sure that they are FDE and not dura coated or some other form of paint like finish over black plastic.
I have only ever used Glock factory extensions so I can't be of any help their. SJ 40

basicblues
01-26-2013, 20:54
I should have mentioned, these mags are $60 each...

cadillacguns
01-27-2013, 03:54
I saw three go for $40 last year, nothing wrong with them.

basicblues
01-27-2013, 06:37
Well, still can't decide if these are worth buying. From a reasonable standpoint, I could buy (3) standard 15rd Glock mags for $115 delivered. So, is it worth the same money ($5 more) to buy these (2) mags in FDE w/the +2 extensions? Also, I don't know the value of those +2 extensions.

UnbrakableX
01-27-2013, 07:09
Take this as you will, I'm just relaying the information provided to me:

I took the basic armorer's course in January. Our instructor, an extremely knowledgeable man by the name of Lynn Freshly, informed us that if we ever see FDE Glock 22 magazines for sale, that they are "stolen" government property. According to him, the ONLY FDE Glock 22 magazines EVER created by Glock were a special order by a U.S. Special Forces group.

So, that leads one to believe that someone in that SF group must have taken (stolen?) a bunch of them.

Like I said, take it as you will but I'm simply paraphrasing what our instructor told us.

bennie1986
01-27-2013, 07:35
Well, still can't decide if these are worth buying. From a reasonable standpoint, I could buy (3) standard 15rd Glock mags for $115 delivered. So, is it worth the same money ($5 more) to buy these (2) mags in FDE w/the +2 extensions? Also, I don't know the value of those +2 extensions.

I would go with three basic mags. Paying more money for a swell color and getting less seems foolish to me.

Mike Papa
01-27-2013, 08:19
The FDE Glock 22 mags were made for a special unit at Ft Bragg. The Glock +2 extensions add one round to a 40 or 357 mag, and add two rounds when attached to a 9mm mag.

tango44
01-27-2013, 09:21
I will jump on those right away!
Get it while you can!

basicblues
01-27-2013, 12:40
I would go with three basic mags. Paying more money for a swell color and getting less seems foolish to me.

That's certainly the common sense approach and my general way of thinking too. I just think of all the other areas where money is spent freely with little to no lasting benefit so the enjoyment factor sometimes far exceeds the additional cost with somethings.

The FDE Glock 22 mags were made for a special unit at Ft Bragg. The Glock +2 extensions add one round to a 40 or 357 mag, and add two rounds when attached to a 9mm mag.

Thanks Mike, that's what I needed to know.

I will jump on those right away!
Get it while you can!

I feel sure if I don't pop for these (2) mags now while I have the chance, I won't ever have the opportunity again or at least for the same price locally.

I'll figure it out, I seem to need 4 or 5 holster for every gun plus always entertaining spending $200 to $300 for a light that blinks.

madAB
01-27-2013, 17:50
I would buy them if I were you. If you choose not to, I'd love to buy them haha. I would love the FDE +2 base to go with my FDE G17

basicblues
02-10-2013, 12:33
Well, I didn't jump on those FDE mags a couple of weeks ago when I had the chance but yesterday I had the opportunity again, so this time it was an easy decision. I can't believe I hesitated the first time and it's fortunate I had another opportunity, they're a perfect match. Thanks for the input and helping me spend my money.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/basicblues/Firearms/Glock%2022%20Gen4%20FDE/photobucket-38752-1360444401708_zps1793ac58.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/basicblues/Firearms/Glock%2022%20Gen4%20FDE/photobucket-13956-1360444382972_zpsa075ef19.jpg

Tiro Fijo
02-10-2013, 21:39
So now you've taken possession of stolen Fed. property. Real smart. :upeyes:

cadillacguns
02-11-2013, 03:32
Stolen/ Missappropriated? Surplus? Whatever, good snag, check the FOR SALE forum of any GUNS forum for AR-15/M-16 mags now and see Center Industries, O-Kay industries, new in wrap Gov mags and ammo everyplace. Soldiers/Marines, have never shied (I know its wrong) from making gear disapeer.

basicblues
02-11-2013, 12:51
So now you've taken possession of stolen Fed. property. Real smart. :upeyes:

If they want them back fine, they can come get them. In the meantime, I'll just enjoy them while I have them. I'm quite sure I've paid for them many times over with my tax dollars in addition to the money I actually paid to complete the change of possession. There's certainly plenty of other issues they need to address before this one though.