G19 question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G19 question

FireForged
01-26-2013, 20:38
I have decided to go ahead a get a gen4 g19 and several standard mags (just in case) any of this federal legislation actually comes to pass.

Question:

I have noticed that glock has some different springs in some of its pistols and these springs have numbers. I have seen some g19 at the local gun shop and while inspecting them, I have found them to have springs #3 and #4.

Can someone school me quickly on what I need to know about these spring numbers and is there one that I should be looking for.

Is this a reliability issue that caused different springs in the same model pistol?

skyboss_4evr
01-26-2013, 22:09
You mean follower numbers?? The different numbers merely reflect design changes over the years. It's nothing to be concerned about.

bentbiker
01-26-2013, 22:26
If you are talking about the RSA, the newest model is 0-4-3. The 0 is at 9:00, the 4 is at 3:00 and the 3 is at 6:00. Perhaps you only saw a different portion of the number on each of a couple 0-4-3 assemblies?

BenjiEDF
01-26-2013, 22:39
If you are talking about the RSA, the newest model is 0-4-3. The 0 is at 9:00, the 4 is at 3:00 and the 3 is at 6:00. Perhaps you only saw a different portion of the number on each of a couple 0-4-3 assemblies?

0-4-3 is indeed the current recoil spring. Are you suggesting that there is a specific "clocking" in the way in which to reinstall the spring after cleaning? I have never heard that and maybe I'm misunderstanding you...

To the OP: Good choice on the G19 gen 4, hands down my favorite glock.

tonyparson
01-26-2013, 22:49
I still have the 0-4 RSA in my Gen 4 G19 and I've had no problems at all with my G19. When I first got it I was having some BTF issues, but after I took out my extractor and sanded it a little its now 100% flawless. I did get the new 0-4-3 RSA and installed it for a couple hundred rounds. I ended up putting the 0-4 RSA back in and im going to use the new RSA for a replacement later. If your buying a new Gen 4 G19 it will have all the updated parts already in it. By the way your getting one of my favorite Glocks. I love my Gen 4 G19. It was my primary carry gun until I got my Gen 4 G27 this week.

bentbiker
01-26-2013, 23:07
Are you suggesting that there is a specific "clocking" in the way in which to reinstall the spring after cleaning? I have never heard that and maybe I'm misunderstanding you...No, I'm referring to how the numbers are stamped into the rear end of the RSA -- their positions relative to the face of a clock. When barrel and RSA are in the slide, any one of the 3 numbers might appear to be the only number on the RSA since the numbers are so far apart. Depending on how they were oriented, the OP might have seen only the 4 on one RSA, and a 3 on another, and thought they were different part numbers.

BenjiEDF
01-26-2013, 23:29
No, I'm referring to how the numbers are stamped into the rear end of the RSA -- their positions relative to the face of a clock. When barrel and RSA are in the slide, any one of the 3 numbers might appear to be the only number on the RSA since the numbers are so far apart. Depending on how they were oriented, the OP might have seen only the 4 on one RSA, and a 3 on another, and thought they were different part numbers.

Gotchya

FireForged
01-27-2013, 19:48
No, I'm referring to how the numbers are stamped into the rear end of the RSA -- their positions relative to the face of a clock. When barrel and RSA are in the slide, any one of the 3 numbers might appear to be the only number on the RSA since the numbers are so far apart. Depending on how they were oriented, the OP might have seen only the 4 on one RSA, and a 3 on another, and thought they were different part numbers.

Yep, this is what happened. I was thinking that they were different part numbers due to a spring upgrade or something. I only saw the one number as I thought there was only one number, I looked no closer. Thanks for all the info... I have been wanting a G19 for a long while, gonna slap down a creditcard as soon as I find a new one. Only ones so far have been trade in's. A month ago I would have bought one at any of a dozen places. :embarassed:

skyboss_4evr
01-27-2013, 21:29
Boy did I ever misunderstand the question LOL!