Moving [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Moving

jbotstein1
01-28-2013, 05:19
I'll be moving from GA. to SC. in July. I've been a ccw holder in GA. for close to 8 years. There is no reciprocity between states. I don't yet own land in SC which would qualify me for a non-resident ccw permit. It seems to me that I have to wait until I move to SC, take the class, then apply before being able to get a SC permit. Is this correct? Am I missing something? Anything I can do in advance to expedite the process? Thanks.

dosei
01-28-2013, 06:29
You are correct. Once you have your SC Drivers License, you can take the class and apply for the permit.

BigSpenda864
01-28-2013, 09:01
I'll be moving from GA. to SC. in July. I've been a ccw holder in GA. for close to 8 years. There is no reciprocity between states. I don't yet own land in SC which would qualify me for a non-resident ccw permit. It seems to me that I have to wait until I move to SC, take the class, then apply before being able to get a SC permit. Is this correct? Am I missing something? Anything I can do in advance to expedite the process? Thanks.
Yeah, there isn't much you can do to speed up the process. Once you get your SCDL, you will find it easy to get into a CWP class. They are offered all the time in just about every town and county you an think of. The class is designed for a novice but tolerable for more experienced gun owners. The qualification is designed to make sure you can operate the gun and point it in the right direction more than it is to prove your skill. If someone can't qualify with that course of fire, one better stick to throwing rocks in the event of an emergency.

jbotstein1
01-28-2013, 13:57
Oh we'll. I can still keep it in my glovebox. Thanks for the replies.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

BigSpenda864
01-28-2013, 17:12
Where in SC are you moving?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

cimpala
01-28-2013, 20:55
Moving sucks!!!!!!!!!

jbotstein1
01-29-2013, 05:21
Charleston. And, yes, moving is the worst thing in the world. Anyone wanna help?!?!?!

BigSpenda864
01-29-2013, 10:23
Charleston. And, yes, moving is the worst thing in the world. Anyone wanna help?!?!?!
I used to live in Charleston and miss it every day. It takes a bit of getting used to but once you have it down, you'll love it there.