mount rushmore carry... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : mount rushmore carry...

G-34
01-28-2013, 11:13
like the title says, carrying in mount rushmore.

im going there and i know i can carry in the national park,

but is there anything i should be aware of BEFORE i carry there?

i read SD gun laws and what not but i was wanting peoples opinions on this

Gunnut 45/454
01-28-2013, 11:48
Carry in accordance with SD carry laws and enjoy!:supergrin:

pipedreams
01-28-2013, 12:09
While it is legal to carry in the Nat. Park it may not be legal to carry in a Federal building in the park. Just something to think about if you get out of your car and go into a federally owned visitors center, ranger station or post office. Maybe someone else can clarify this or point to a link concerning this issue.

rebby
01-28-2013, 12:22
Carry in accordance with SD carry laws and enjoy!:supergrin:

That's what I did last summer. I didn't see any signs on any of the buildings stating that I could not carry either.

Vetter
01-28-2013, 14:28
Probably OK as long as you go before Obama has himself carved in the mountain! :rofl:

HarleyGuy
01-28-2013, 15:46
My understanding of the carrying of guns in National Parks is that it is legal provided the state in which the Park is located allows legal concealed carry by those who are licensed to do.
Also, carrying is not allowed in buildings where "federal employees" are working, which to me means Park Rangers.

It's important to keep a close lookout for the "governement sanctioned, mass murder zones" (no gun signs) as well as magnetometers (metal detectors) when entering any building and to always keep your concealed weapon very concealed...just in case.

pipedreams
01-28-2013, 15:52
My understanding of the carrying of guns in National Parks is that it is legal provided the state in which the Park is located allows legal concealed carry by those who are licensed to do.

Also, carrying is not allowed in buildings where "federal employees" are working, which to me means Park Rangers.

It's important to keep a close lookout for the "government sanctioned, mass murder zones" (no gun signs) as well as magnetometers (metal detectors) when entering any building and to always keep your concealed weapon very concealed...just in case.

This is pretty much the way I remember it being explained at the time the law was changed.

mcflyfyter
02-04-2013, 19:13
All of the doors are clearly marked that firearms are not allowed. It seems like I remember the signs even stated it was because it was a government building. I didn't see any signs in the parking garage or elevator. My wife asked why I wasn't coming inside. I nodded at the sign, she rolled her eyes, and I enjoyed not being drug into the gift shop.

There is also a 3" max. concealed blade law in Rapid City (And Belle Fourche, if you visit the center of the nation monument)

F_G
02-05-2013, 10:54
This is directly off the Mount Rushmore website;

Firearms

As of February 22, 2010, a new federal law allows people who can legally possess firearms under applicable federal, state, and local laws, to legally possess firearms in this park. It is the responsibility of visitors to understand and comply with all applicable state, local, and federal firearms laws before entering this park. As a starting point, please visit the state of South Dakota's webpage (http://sdsos.gov/content/viewcontent.aspx?cat=adminservices&pg=/adminservices/concealedpistolpermits.shtm) regarding firearms laws.
Federal law also prohibits firearms in certain facilities in this park; those places are marked with signs at all public entrances.

BenjiEDF
02-05-2013, 11:00
Probably OK as long as you go before Obama has himself carved in the mountain! :rofl:

He certainly does have a God-complex I wouldn't be surprised if he did order his face carved in that rock while he was still president! The guy is on video saying he thinks there have only been 3 other presidents that were better than him just after his 1st term lol.

NecoDude
02-05-2013, 21:33
Additional research should be performed if you're planning any time on tribal lands, their laws supersede state/federal considering firearms.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

series1811
02-26-2013, 08:28
Additional research should be performed if you're planning any time on tribal lands, their laws supersede state/federal considering firearms.

It depends. The federal government has different treaties with different Indian Nations. It's not as simple or as cut and dried as people think.

But, you are right. Research is essential when figuring out what rules apply in any particular Indian Nation.

SCmasterblaster
02-26-2013, 08:42

Agreed, BHO has a reservation up there . . . . . :upeyes:

Current Resident
02-26-2013, 20:00
He certainly does have a God-complex I wouldn't be surprised if he did order his face carved in that rock while he was still president! The guy is on video saying he thinks there have only been 3 other presidents that were better than him just after his 1st term lol.

I don't feel so good, I think I'm gonna get sick!

railfancwb
02-26-2013, 20:46
That's what I did last summer. I didn't see any signs on any of the buildings stating that I could not carry either.

The sign - one per door - will be tiny and obscure.

ca survivor
02-27-2013, 06:44

:rofl::rofl:

ca survivor
02-27-2013, 06:49
Obama's face only? he will probably go for full body carving :rofl:

SCmasterblaster
02-28-2013, 12:54
Agreed, BHO has a reservation up there . . . . . :upeyes:

But it would be good for howitzer target practice (155mm).

rebby
02-28-2013, 13:01
The sign - one per door - will be tiny and obscure.

They must be! I looked for them and still didn't find them. Ah well... I tried.

SCmasterblaster
02-28-2013, 13:06
I'd concealed carry up Mt Rushmore no matter what the tiny sign says. :cool: