Police push for background checks on gun purchases [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Police push for background checks on gun purchases

DOC44
01-28-2013, 20:16
Police push for background checks on gun purchases

Law enforcement leaders who met with President Barack Obama Monday urged him to focus on strengthening gun purchase background checks and mental health systems, but did not unify behind his more controversial gun control efforts.

http://news.yahoo.com/police-push-background-checks-gun-purchases-023655912--politics.html;_ylt=AvpYJARmkMJ5hTs19IAWvfsJVux_;_ylu=X3oDMTIxNTFwdjhlBG1pdANBVFQgSG9tZSBXaWRnZXRyb24 gVGVzdCAxBHBvcwM0BHNlYwNNZWRpYUF0dFdpZGdldHJvbkFzc2VtYmx5;_ylg=X3oDMTFpNzk0NjhtBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlb i11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

Doc44

BenjiEDF
01-28-2013, 20:25
I like the idea of getting elected sheriffs who has the primary duty of following the U.S. Constitution into the conversation but who are these other "law enforcement leaders" ? Police are public servants, and sorry but they are not "leaders" I don't like the direction this country is going, and I think you probably feel the same way DOC44...

DOC44
01-28-2013, 20:31
I like the idea of getting elected sheriffs who has the primary duty of following the U.S. Constitution into the conversation but who are these other "law enforcement leaders" ? Police are public servants, and sorry but they are not "leaders" I don't like the direction this country is going, and I think you probably feel the same way DOC44...

I like the way sheriffs are standing up for their people and defending the consititution.... but that is what they are supposed to be doing... duty to their oath.... Our county will come back, how long it will take will depend on how low we let it fall.

Doc44

RussP
01-29-2013, 08:45
I like the idea of getting elected sheriffs who has the primary duty of following the U.S. Constitution into the conversation but who are these other "law enforcement leaders" ? Police are public servants, and sorry but they are not "leaders" I don't like the direction this country is going, and I think you probably feel the same way DOC44...They are "hired political guns"...Elected Sheriffs should be included, but will not be. Instead, the leadership of various Sheriffs associations will be invited to represent them. Sad...

CAcop
01-29-2013, 11:30
The difference between management and labor can be quite large. I like my brass but they are still vastly different than me.