Do the newest Glock 9mm have a #2 or a #3 extractor [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Do the newest Glock 9mm have a #2 or a #3 extractor

JimBean
01-29-2013, 03:31
Number 2 extractor or a number 3 extractor?

JBP55
01-29-2013, 04:09
The number represents the mold used. Quit worrying and shoot the pistol.

JimBean
01-29-2013, 04:13
The number represents the mold used. Quit worrying and shoot the pistol.

So your saying they are the same exact shape?

SJ 40
01-29-2013, 07:11
They should be,one came out of cavity number 2 and the other cavity number three. SJ 40

Raleigh Glocker
01-29-2013, 07:47
They are numbered for a reason- no two molds will be exactly alike, and keeping track of what parts come out of which molds is important enough that Glock wants them labeled.

When I sent my G17 to Glock for BTF, they replaced a lot of parts, but they specifically changed my #2 "dipped" extractor that failed to hold the case long enough for a powerful ejection to a #3 "dipped" extractor that grips and ejects the case robustly. Other parts might be responsible, but it was no accident that they gave me an extractor from a different mold.

Nightkast22
01-29-2013, 09:41
They are numbered for a reason- no two molds will be exactly alike, and keeping track of what parts come out of which molds is important enough that Glock wants them labeled.

When I sent my G17 to Glock for BTF, they replaced a lot of parts, but they specifically changed my #2 "dipped" extractor that failed to hold the case long enough for a powerful ejection to a #3 "dipped" extractor that grips and ejects the case robustly. Other parts might be responsible, but it was no accident that they gave me an extractor from a different mold.

Ironically, I have a #3 dipped extractor and my ejections are slowly going downhill as I continue to shoot the gun. I am trying the lone wolf extractor.

JBP55
01-29-2013, 14:35
Raleigh, You are saying all the #2 molds produce bad extractors and all the #3 molds produce good extractors. :wow:

Scrappy
01-29-2013, 16:02
Why on earth have they changed perfection? Why are they not using the ones that worked so many years ago?:steamed:

JimBean
01-29-2013, 17:36
Why on earth have they changed perfection? Why are they not using the ones that worked so many years ago?:steamed:

I agree Glock should go back to forged extractors versus the newer MIM versions.

Raleigh Glocker
01-29-2013, 18:31
Raleigh, You are saying all the #2 molds produce bad extractors and all the #3 molds produce good extractors. :wow:

No. I'm saying they produce slightly different extractors. If a #2 results in BTF, switching to a #3 might fix it or vice versa.

Extraction and ejection is the result of a combination of parts. No two pistols will be exactly the same, nor will two extractors from different molds be exactly the same.

JBP55
01-29-2013, 19:36
No. I'm saying they produce slightly different extractors. If a #2 results in BTF, switching to a #3 might fix it or vice versa.

Extraction and ejection is the result of a combination of parts. No two pistols will be exactly the same, nor will two extractors from different molds be exactly the same.

I understand, I have fired over 55,000 trouble free rounds from Gen 4 Glocks without changing any extractors and none of the dozens I have worked on need an extractor changed YET.

Raleigh Glocker
01-29-2013, 21:05
I understand, I have fired over 55,000 trouble free rounds from Gen 4 Glocks without changing any extractors and none of the dozens I have worked on need an extractor changed YET.

You must not work for Glock. :supergrin:

There are plenty of trouble-free Glocks out there, but there are some that aren't.

AustinTx
01-29-2013, 21:09
So your saying they are the same exact shape?

NO! He's saying "you're" saying they are the same exact shape.

Nightkast22
01-30-2013, 00:21

I wish I could have your case scenario. I have shot 4 glocks in my lifetime. 3 range guns: Gen 4 17 (100 rd), gen 3 17 (100 rd), gen 3 19 (older 200 rd). All 3 of those performed flawlessly.

Because of that I decide to buy a brand new Gen 3 19 got 3 BTF out of the first 100 rounds. Got a bunch of crap from forum members saying I'm a limp wrister and no understanding what so ever besides from 3 people. I go through another 300 rounds and it rapidly gets worse to 2-5 per 50 rounds then and no one dares to respond to the thread after I mention that.

I know there are a lot of glocks out there that are functioning flawlessly, but there are quite a few people who have gotten screwed also like Raleigh and I. I am hoping buying this gun won't be a total mistake after I put on the parts I ordered.