Cruz to Banks Being Bullied by Emanuel Over Guns: Come to Texas [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Cruz to Banks Being Bullied by Emanuel Over Guns: Come to Texas

stsai465
01-29-2013, 11:34
Ted Cruz shows courage in defiance of liberal bullying.
Late last week, Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel sent letters to the CEOs of Bank of America and TD Bank Group urging them to cut off business (http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2013/01/25/rahm-emanuel-to-bully-banks-into-cutting-off-gun-companies-n1497831) with gun manufacturers. Both banks operate out of Chicago. Now, freshman Senator Ted Cruz has sent a letter (http://www.scribd.com/doc/122799297/Letter-from-Senator-Ted-Cruz-to-Chicago-Mayor-Rahm-Emanuel-Bank-of-America-TD-Bank-Group-Smith-Wesson-and-Sturm-Ruger-Co)of his own to the same CEOs urging them to do more business in Texas, away from the bully tactics of Chicago.

Rest here:
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2013/01/29/cruz-to-banks-being-bullied-by-emanuel-over-guns-come-to-texas-n1500476

Cavalry Doc
01-29-2013, 11:40
Cruz cc'ed Emanuel on the letter and thanked Smith & Wesson and Sturm, Ruger & Co. for their commitment to the Second Amendment.

I think I like this guy.

aircarver
01-29-2013, 11:43
That's why we put him in: To carry our message of "**** ***** *** **** **** *** *** " to the commie-crats ... :supergrin:

maxsnafu
01-29-2013, 11:49
I think I like this guy.

Now if only someone could persuade gun manufacturers to move out of Illinois and the Northeast. I would be overjoyed to see my state or others give a 30 year tax abatement to ANY gun, gun component or ammunition maker to get them out of those loathsome places.

Deployment Solu
01-29-2013, 11:50
No surprise there is a TURD in charge of ****cargo, ILL.

aircarver
01-29-2013, 11:57
Now if only someone could persuade gun manufacturers to move out of Illinois and the Northeast. I would be overjoyed to see my state or others give a 30 year tax abatement to ANY gun, gun component or ammunition maker to get them out of those loathsome places.

Then we'd get first call on the supply ... :supergrin:

Cavalry Doc
01-29-2013, 12:04
Whatever happened to that move to have a gun manufactured in a state that was not ever intended to leave the state being exempted from fed laws.

plainsman
01-29-2013, 12:22
These banks are open to the public, and have a duty to serve them. By the same logic that banks were required to make "bank loans in the Hood", for the public good, then they similarily should have to make loans to qualified businesses, and right now I'd don't know of a better business to be in!

By the time people supply and resupply themselves, those in the sporting business will have a least another 2 or 4 years!!!!

QNman
01-29-2013, 12:34
If Missouri HB 150 passes, I hope they'd consider crossing the Mississippi an option.

ETA - the gun companies, not necessarily BoA.

snerd
01-29-2013, 12:36
These banks are open to the public, and have a duty to serve them. By the same logic that banks were required to make "bank loans in the Hood", for the public good, then they similarily should have to make loans to qualified businesses, and right now I'd don't know of a better business to be in!

By the time people supply and resupply themselves, those in the sporting business will have a least another 2 or 4 years!!!!
Where are the lawyers? The head lawyer-in-chief I'm sure has subtle ways to discourage their protests. Welcome to thug politics at the highest level......... some folks are just now getting it.