so how many of you think.... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : so how many of you think....

G-34
01-29-2013, 12:35
that just like the 1994 AWB when a LOT of democrats lost their jobs, that it will happen again because of all the EXTREME UNCONSTITUTIONAL proposals they have recently tried, come 2014 i think it will be a HUGE SPANKING to the dumbocrats that still didnt learn:steamed::steamed:

what yall think?:wavey:

Cavalry Doc
01-29-2013, 12:36
I think I wouldn't make any predictions just yet.

G-34
01-29-2013, 12:37
i just heard over the news that yet ANOTHER set of EXECUTIVE ORDERS are coming our way again:wow::wow:

does this man WANT to be impeached???????:faint::faint:

Bruce H
01-29-2013, 12:37
Nope. The I want it free crowd will elect more that will give them more free stuff. It is all about me and what I want, to hell with everybody else.

G-34
01-29-2013, 12:39
Nope. The I want it free crowd will elect more that will give them more free stuff. It is all about me and what I want, to hell with everybody else.

i forsee ALOT of gun owners who DIDNT vote last time around to come out of the woodworks and vote their arses out :supergrin::wavey: JMHO

JohnnyReb
01-29-2013, 12:43
i just heard over the news that yet ANOTHER set of EXECUTIVE ORDERS are coming our way again:wow::wow:

does this man WANT to be impeached???????:faint::faint:

The dems still have the senate. Chances are they won't do anything.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

JBnTX
01-29-2013, 12:44
I think I wouldn't make any predictions just yet.

:agree:...It's too early in the game to declare potential winners or losers.
At this point the entire gun control debate could go either way.

That's why it's so important to contact your congressman/woman and let them know how you feel about new gun control laws.

aircarver
01-29-2013, 12:48
... does this man WANT to be impeached???????:faint::faint:

He is quite secure in the Klintoon example that a commie-crat Senate will circle the wagons and he can continue to thumb his nose at us ... :steamed:

Skyhook
01-29-2013, 12:49
Agreed on the no predictions'.. but, man, I can't help hoping for some *change*. :whistling:

evlbruce
01-29-2013, 13:21
President 0 won despite running openly as a gun-grabber. As he won many of the swing states I'm inclined to believe that what remains of the 2A is in peril.

DWARREN123
01-29-2013, 14:33
We are losing just because the bans are popping up everywhere, there are many of our rights being threatened now a days.
There are too many who don't know about rights or who don't care since it does not impact them directly.
We must not back down or compromise with those who would take our rights from us and not just the 2A. :steamed:

Cream Soda Kid
01-29-2013, 14:59
I think you're right. There was a shift in the country and it ain't for the better.

HarlDane
01-29-2013, 15:08
It depends on what they manage to pass. IMO, anything beyond mag limits and ending private party sales is politically impossible at this point. Those two items seem to have more support than another AWB and the reprecussions of passing them would probably harm only a small number of Democrats in conservative districts.

Batesmotel
01-29-2013, 15:36
I think you're right. There was a shift in the country and it ain't for the better.

This. There are more of the entitlement minded voters than the work for a living type voters.

In other words enough people have figured out they can get themselves free money that the rest of us are now outnumbered. and the politicians don't care about the nation, only their own power so they will pander to the unemployed masses for the vote at the expense of the employed who produce the wealth they are giving away.

I fear we have lost our voice.

wolf19r
01-29-2013, 17:39
Fall of Rome here we come.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Kablam
01-29-2013, 17:57
Our population has shifted. We have an entire generation that has grown up to voting age since 1994. They have seen nothing but big gov give aways and control. They believe in the zero sum game of wealth and feel that they only get theirs by taking someone else's. That's what they've been taught. "We" just re-elected a failed POTUS because he promised more freebies than the other guy...his corruption and failure were staring everybody in the face (essentially no economic growth, epic welfare/unemployment/food stamp spending, crooked stimulus money, etc.), but the majority who voted, voted for more of the same. There has been a foundational shift in this country. Those who thought that 2008 was an anomaly were wrong, just as I fear that those who think we can get a small gov/libertarian minded conservative elected are probably worng.

Tough to make predictions based on what happened 20 years ago. We are a different society today, and sadly not "different better" in any way. After what I've witnessed recently, particularly in the last 4 or so years, nothing would surprise me at this point.

Gundude
01-29-2013, 18:03
that just like the 1994 AWB when a LOT of democrats lost their jobs, that it will happen again because of all the EXTREME UNCONSTITUTIONAL proposals they have recently tried, come 2014 i think it will be a HUGE SPANKING to the dumbocrats that still didnt learn:steamed::steamed:

what yall think?:wavey:It won't happen because there will be no AWB. Since it won't pass, everybody will have forgotten this whole episode by November 2014. The Democrats will be just fine.

Ironically, the Republicans will save the Democrats by not passing this AWB. The Democrats only need to look like they've tried.

Trying stuff never hurts in politics. For those who are screaming "you have to do something" without any concern about what actually gets done, it counts as doing something, but since it accomplishes nothing, those who were mad about it will forget about it by election time.

Kablam
01-29-2013, 19:12
It won't happen because there will be no AWB. Since it won't pass, everybody will have forgotten this whole episode by November 2014. The Democrats will be just fine.

Ironically, the Republicans will save the Democrats by not passing this AWB. The Democrats only need to look like they've tried.

Trying stuff never hurts in politics. For those who are screaming "you have to do something" without any concern about what actually gets done, it counts as doing something, but since it accomplishes nothing, those who were mad about it will forget about it by election time.

Maybe not forgotten, but surely forgiven as long as the goody bag is full of "free" goodies for the invented "oppressed minorities" at the time.

Cavalry Doc
01-29-2013, 20:16
It won't happen because there will be no AWB. Since it won't pass, everybody will have forgotten this whole episode by November 2014. The Democrats will be just fine.

All it takes is a 2.3% swing in eligible voters. I hope Barry keeps overreaching and falling on his face.

jakebrake
01-29-2013, 20:50

our wisest poster on the forum.

bruce, you depress me....thanks.

Annoyinglylongname
01-29-2013, 23:26
If they enforce the AWB as rigorously as they enforce immigration laws we got nothing to worry about. We can be undocumented gun owners

DWARREN123
01-30-2013, 00:07
I also do not believe this BAN will have a sunset built into it!

HarleyGuy
01-30-2013, 00:43
It depends on what they manage to pass. IMO, anything beyond mag limits and ending private party sales is politically impossible at this point. Those two items seem to have more support than another AWB and the reprecussions of passing them would probably harm only a small number of Democrats in conservative districts.

IMHO, it would be a huge mistake if the Dem's allowed a vote on another AWB in the Senate and passed it, and it would be an even worse mistake if the Repub's passed it in the House.

THe background checks and the hi-cap magazines would be a less contentious issue but I would think IF it passed (which I doubt) there would be a "grandfathering" of existing mags as opposed to the new law in NY which outlaws current hi-cap mags.

janice6
01-30-2013, 00:48
In my dreams I hope Obama will go down as the one President in history that contributed the most to his party losing significantly in mid term elections, and carrying this stigma to his grave.

I know, it may be wishful thinking, but sometimes things happen.