AWB: Is it our turn for a civil rights movement? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : AWB: Is it our turn for a civil rights movement?

ballr4lyf
01-29-2013, 14:42
I see a lot of parallels between the travesties that existed before the civil rights movement of the 60s and what we are seeing today with guns and gun owners.

Then, black people were unjustly demonized as ignorant and violent, and as such the Jim Crow laws came into existense. Today, guns and gun owners are demonized as violent and ignorant and we have some stern legislation in place and some more headed our way.

Then, democrats like Robert Byrd, George Wallace, and Al Gore Sr. railed for segregation and the retention of Jim Crow policies. Today, we have democrats Diane Feinstein, Blowhard (Bloomberg), Rahm Emmanuel, and Cuomo railing against guns and the need for anybody to have them.

Then, the democrats opposed the 13th, 14th, and 15th amendments that abolished slavery, reversed Dred Scott, and gave blacks the right to vote. Today, democrats oppose the 2nd amendment (they also oppose the 1st ammendment, when it is exercised to question their policies... but I digress).

Then, there were dozens of democratic party platforms that supported slavery and segregation. Today, the democratic party platform supports more gun control, as did previous platforms.

I see the right to safety as a fundamental human right, and in today's world, that means having access to a gun to defend myself and my loved ones, whether against a common criminal or the government. It safeguards me against those who would take my life, LIBERTY, or my pursuit of happiness. It is not a guarantee that I will get to keep those rights, but it does give me a fighting chance, which is all I ask for. So I ask you then, is it time to move up to the front of the bus? I think it is. Chime in.

JBnTX
01-29-2013, 16:33
That's what I'm thinking.
If they take our guns, we march in the streets.

snerd
01-29-2013, 18:20
That's what I'm thinking.
If they take our guns, we march in the streets.
The time to march is "before" they take your guns.

Drjones
01-29-2013, 19:51
You know what we need?

We need to trot out women who have been raped or assaulted, who now own and carry guns for defense. We need to YELL louder than the left that "by attacking guns, you are attacking women. You are empowering criminals and rapists. You WANT women to be raped and abused and beated when you take their guns away."

We need to trot out the gays (pink pistols) and YELL "by attacking guns, you support and empower gay bashers and homophobes."

We need to trot out blacks and hispanics and YELL "by banning guns, you are empowering racists - you are racist for wanting to take guns away from colored people. Don't you remember that the very first gun control laws were aimed specifically at black people? You are furthering that racist agenda when you ban guns. You racist bastards."

And so on, and so forth. Get loud, get hysterical, bust out the hyperbole. It seems to work for the left.

Glock30Eric
01-29-2013, 20:05
You know what we need?

We need to trot out women who have been raped or assaulted, who now own and carry guns for defense. We need to YELL louder than the left that "by attacking guns, you are attacking women. You are empowering criminals and rapists. You WANT women to be raped and abused and beated when you take their guns away."

We need to trot out the gays (pink pistols) and YELL "by attacking guns, you support and empower gay bashers and homophobes."

We need to trot out blacks and hispanics and YELL "by banning guns, you are empowering racists - you are racist for wanting to take guns away from colored people. Don't you remember that the very first gun control laws were aimed specifically at black people? You are furthering that racist agenda when you ban guns. You racist bastards."

And so on, and so forth. Get loud, get hysterical, bust out the hyperbole. It seems to work for the left.

Yes and bother MSM to report this on nationwide TV news reporting.

W420Hunter
01-29-2013, 21:10
You know what we need?

what we need is someone to call out Feinstein for her attack on her own gender when she claimed that women are incapable of defending themselves with guns.

Gunhaver
01-30-2013, 00:02
You know what we need?

I keep telling people that this is the winning strategy. Turn every one of those leftist principals around on them. Don't forget to remind them of how one side decries the other as it grabs more power and then happily uses that power to it's own ends. The people that passed the Patriot Act, the people that have lead the war on drugs for decades, the people that never saw a war they didn't want to get into, the people that defend the cop that shoots the dog because he could get away with it, those are the same people that are going to be very happy someday that they don't have to deal with armed subjects and they'll be glad to let the other side take all the blame for it.

JBnTX
01-30-2013, 08:00
You know what we need?

You should send this outstanding suggestion to the NRA in an E-mail.

You never know, they just might jump on it and do it.
(Hopefully they will)

jlavallee
01-30-2013, 10:46
You should send this outstanding suggestion to the NRA in an E-mail.

You never know, they just might jump on it and do it.
(Hopefully they will)

You can reason with them all you want but it won't work. Their religion is collectivism and anything that doesn't fit the narrative will be ignored. They have no logical argument for their goal from a safety goal as even if every law abiding person turned them in, those folks aren't the ones that do horrible things. Alas, it doesn't matter.

All we can do is stay firm in refusal to give up this basic human right. If they come to take them then we'll see how it plays out. Many like in other countries will simply bury a stash and give in and some have the line drawn. It'll be tested and hey, look what people have already given up. Nobody paid a real price for Obamacare and even mittens and Ryan had gone from full repeal to major modification months before they lost their bid to be the next horrible duo.

jlavallee
01-30-2013, 11:03
I keep telling people that this is the winning strategy. Turn every one of those leftist principals around on them. Don't forget to remind them of how one side decries the other as it grabs more power and then happily uses that power to it's own ends. The people that passed the Patriot Act, the people that have lead the war on drugs for decades, the people that never saw a war they didn't want to get into, the people that defend the cop that shoots the dog because he could get away with it, those are the same people that are going to be very happy someday that they don't have to deal with armed subjects and they'll be glad to let the other side take all the blame for it.

We can't be morally consistant because a large portion of our supposed brothers are just as destructive to individual liberties as the left. They only care about the freedoms they want and we're guilty (at least I was in the past) of supporting the lesser evil POS they pushed through the right wing machine. Even a Taxed Enough Already group becomes tainted with idiots like Michelle Bachman becoming a TEA party darling. Oh really? Yep, a lady that can't explain something simple like how inflation is caused became the TEA party darling and others liked a former Fed good Cain who had a brilliant solution for the bible wing. 999 is 666 inverted so hey, it must be good. Hell, we're too busy to actually investigate issues, just settle for the magic underwear guy.:upeyes:

marchboom
01-30-2013, 11:16
You know what we need?

Excellent post!

We should also do a little digging to uncover liberal judges who refuse to sentence violent criminals to appropriate prison terms. And then there's the liberal district attorney's who refuse to file a case against a violent criminal because he's not sure he can win the case (would hurt his conviction ratio and thus maybe his reelection). Lets not forget the liberal parole boards that release violent criminals prematurely.

These people must be exposed. They are the cause of much of the crime and we, the law abiding gun owners, get slammed for violent crime.

This has to stop and we must expose the people who are really responsible for violent crime (beside the criminal).