Glock 29 at gun shows? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock 29 at gun shows?

CybrSlydr
01-29-2013, 14:53
So, I called about 15 stores here in Louisiana to see if anyone had them and got fat no's.

A couple gun shows this weekend, one in Carthage TX and the other in Pasadena, TX.

What do you think the chance of finding a 29 at either show would be?

John_NJ
01-29-2013, 14:59
It's going to be difficult for another couple of months and the panic dies down.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Hawkeye16
01-29-2013, 15:02
There is one here locally, regular gen 3 but I was contemplating picking it up. Keep looking and you're bound to find one.

BMiracletx
01-29-2013, 15:29
Keep looking... I just happened to walk into my LGS 2 weeks ago and they had a 29sf... finally! Up until then I had never even been able to hold one. Needless to say, its now mine and completed my collection of having 19 of 19 available Glock models.

Keep looking. Seems like once someone gets a 29 they never let them go. I could never even find one used.

Batesmotel
01-29-2013, 15:52
Seem to be hard to find good ones used. The used ones I see here are trashed.

todd_g
01-29-2013, 16:10
I ordered a 29sf from Glockmeister before all of the hoopla, worked out great, I ordered it with the modifications I wanted without additional installation fees, it was shipped to my LGS, shipping was free and of course no tax. I paid a $15 transfer fee at my LGS. Like you I searched locally for one and finally ordered on line, glad I did.

CybrSlydr
01-29-2013, 16:16
I ordered a 29sf from Glockmeister before all of the hoopla, worked out great, I ordered it with the modifications I wanted without additional installation fees, it was shipped to my LGS, shipping was free and of course no tax. I paid a $15 transfer fee at my LGS. Like you I searched locally for one and finally ordered on line, glad I did.

Yeah, but I'm looking for one of those Blue Label guns - store down in Baton Rouge quoted me $508.42 out the door for the 29 Gen 4. They just don't have any or know when Glock will ship them to them. Ugh. Most places I see the civilian version for $600 or more. I'm just not willing to spend that much when I could save so much more with the Blue Label.

Ratrod
01-29-2013, 19:15
Found this
http://texasguntrader.com/index.php?a=2&b=300794

CybrSlydr
01-29-2013, 19:44
Found this
http://texasguntrader.com/index.php?a=2&b=300794

Good looking out, thank you! Though I must admit that Rockport is a little far for me. I'm in Fort Polk, LA. Wonder if they'd be willing to meet half way...

glock2740
01-29-2013, 19:58
So, I called about 15 stores here in Louisiana to see if anyone had them and got fat no's.

A couple gun shows this weekend, one in Carthage TX and the other in Pasadena, TX.

What do you think the chance of finding a 29 at either show would be?
Where were you when I was wanting to sell mine with night sights awhile back? :dunno:I didn't get a single nibble and even took the price down quite a bit.

CybrSlydr
01-29-2013, 20:02
Where were you when I was wanting to sell mine with night sights awhile back? :dunno:I didn't get a single nibble and even took the price down quite a bit.

lmao

I wasn't interested in a Glock back then. :) I was wanting to purchase a .40 or .45 of the HK45 (used to own one), a Beretta PX4 Storm or an FNX-45.

While researching, I read into the .40 and learned the 10mm was the parent cartridge and has some amazing ballistic characteristics. So, I looked into 10mm platforms and read that the 20/29 are some of the best built/most reliable and then decided a few weeks ago that I was going to go with it.

Do you still have it? :)

michael e
01-29-2013, 20:07
Im in pasadena TX , no one had one when I was looking for them local. I found mine at the gun show.
I haven't been to gun show since all this rush started, but in past they had a couple dealers with one maybe two . But always had at least one dealer with one priced right.

glock2740
01-29-2013, 20:19
lmao

I wasn't interested in a Glock back then. :) I was wanting to purchase a .40 or .45 of the HK45 (used to own one), a Beretta PX4 Storm or an FNX-45.

While researching, I read into the .40 and learned the 10mm was the parent cartridge and has some amazing ballistic characteristics. So, I looked into 10mm platforms and read that the 20/29 are some of the best built/most reliable and then decided a few weeks ago that I was going to go with it.

Do you still have it? :)

Yep. Like new Gen 3, born in late 2008, with night sights, box, papers and the whole 9 yards. But it ain't gonna be as cheap as it was back then. :tongueout: I was selling it because I was replacing it with a 1911 in 10mm. But decided against the 1911 (RIA) and since I didn't get any offers, I decided to keep it unless someone offered enough to part with it. :whistling:

CybrSlydr
01-29-2013, 20:54
Im in pasadena TX , no one had one when I was looking for them local. I found mine at the gun show.
I haven't been to gun show since all this rush started, but in past they had a couple dealers with one maybe two . But always had at least one dealer with one priced right.

Good to hear they've actually been sighted at a show.

Just make sure they're for the right price. Just because they're selling don't mean I'm going to buy. :)

CybrSlydr
01-29-2013, 20:55
Yep. Like new Gen 3, born in late 2008, with night sights, box, papers and the whole 9 yards. But it ain't gonna be as cheap as it was back then. :tongueout: I was selling it because I was replacing it with a 1911 in 10mm. But decided against the 1911 (RIA) and since I didn't get any offers, I decided to keep it unless someone offered enough to part with it. :whistling:

I see it in your sig now. lol

I'm looking for a Gen 4 though.

theAlgorithmist
01-30-2013, 07:04
Available at least at gun shows in north Texas - saw a few SF's in Lewisville over the weekend - http://gunshowreview.wordpress.com/2013/01/29/lewisville-jan-26-27-2013-part-ii/ (firearm pricing updates near the end of the post)

Part III of the review (coming later today) will contain more info.

hth,

- jim

CybrSlydr
01-30-2013, 08:21
Jim, you're seeing in shows that they're pretty packed, eh? Hmm... I hope they're not too bad when I go. lol

theAlgorithmist
01-30-2013, 08:23
Packed is putting it lightly :) Premiere Gun Shows reported 7000 attendees on Saturday alone for the Lewisville show.

attrapereves
01-30-2013, 08:44
Seem to be hard to find good ones used. The used ones I see here are trashed.

I kinda agree. Most of the used 10mm Glocks have all kinds of unnecessary upgrades, stippled grips, etc. I prefer stock Glocks.

ctious
01-30-2013, 09:00
I have a brand new 29 here at my local store. A long ways from u though.

Hawkeye16
01-31-2013, 13:53
Is it a gen 4?