Why is amnesty such an important issue now? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Why is amnesty such an important issue now?

G17Jake
01-29-2013, 19:39
We still have very high unemployment.

As far as I know there is no budget.

We have debt and a deficit that are crazy high.

So why are the geniuses in DC working on amnesty now?

I will have to ask my Republican Senator.

G17Jake
01-29-2013, 19:47
I know the Dems are looking for more votes. Maybe enough to turn a red state blue?

jakebrake
01-29-2013, 19:48
to keep our eyes off of everything else you mentioned.

hi-power man
01-29-2013, 19:48
votes

Grayson
01-29-2013, 19:49
Distraction! "Survey says...."

SPIN2010
01-29-2013, 19:51
votes

Bingo, because in two years they know they will all be flushed on the gun control/2nd stand ... along with arming Egypt (Islamo-pukes).

G17Jake
01-29-2013, 20:25
I would think the unions and Democrat politicians would part ways over the amnesty issue, but I haven't heard or read a thing saying that is the case.

South Fla
01-29-2013, 20:30
Because they are gearing up for the mid-term elections of 2014.

G17Jake
01-29-2013, 20:48
Because they are gearing up for the mid-term elections of 2014.

They will have to work fast to get them all voting legally by this coming midterm.

I did mention in the other amnesty thread that the dems are probably calculating how many House seats they can pick up, but I was thinking farther out.

You make a good point... Obama is probably planning on getting them all registered for this midterm so he can regain support in the house. He is a community organizer after all...

SFW
01-29-2013, 20:52
Smoke and mirrors.

LASTRESORT20
01-29-2013, 21:00
Yup! Smoke / mirrors / Lies for Votes...The food Of Liberalism

GAFinch
01-29-2013, 21:07
Democrats want their votes. Republicans think they can get their votes. Democrats want more people added to Obamacare. Both want more people paying into SS/Medicare to delay unpopular reforms/taxes.

cowboy1964
01-29-2013, 21:58
Obama and Congress haven't been interested in the economy or the debt for the last four years, why would they start now?

And besides, the Dems want those new voters.

callihan_44
01-30-2013, 05:17
rubio's plan intially sounds like amnesty, but after hearing him yesterday on the radio there are hoops illegals will have to jump through just to get a green card. They will have to pay back taxes( how will they determine what they owe? how can they prove anything if they got paid cash?) I assume there is a fine? they will not get put in front of the line, they can only get a green card after a back ground check. Also another motivation for this piece of work is OBAMACARE, illegals will get swept into obamacare its bad enough we are already paying for their care now. But apparently we cant afford illegals to get free obamacare( who wouldve thought that?)

pugman
01-30-2013, 05:30
rubio's plan intially sounds like amnesty, but after hearing him yesterday on the radio there are hoops illegals will have to jump through just to get a green card. They will have to pay back taxes( how will they determine what they owe? how can they prove anything if they got paid cash?) I assume there is a fine? they will not get put in front of the line, they can only get a green card after a back ground check. Also another motivation for this piece of work is OBAMACARE, illegals will get swept into obamacare its bad enough we are already paying for their care now. But apparently we cant afford illegals to get free obamacare( who wouldve thought that?)

Cal has it

They have to pay back taxes i.e its extortion. If you want your green card you need to pay us. Follow the money

How can they prove anything? Illegals tell them where they worked for cash...the fed steps in and fines the businesses, takes their property, etc. Follow the money

Democrats think if you provide amnesty illegals will start paying taxes into the system...follow the money

Its important because politicians see it as a revenue stream.