Gen 4 22 question... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gen 4 22 question...

Folsom_Prison
01-29-2013, 22:06
First off, I've had one of those RTF G23's with the gills many of you fellas love. Honestly I really learned to hate it and traded it for my 19.

Couldn't really shoot it that well, so with that exsperience I've not been a big 40 fan!

So my question is with the Gen 4 22's is the recoil tamed down with the new dual RSA? I'm not recoil sensitive but really found the 40 to be snappy!

Thanks for any input in advance! :wavey:

BenjiEDF
01-29-2013, 22:29
Not in my limited experience with the Gen 3 23, I own a Gen 4 23 and the recoil felt identical to me in a side to side comarison. Not sure about the 22 which has a slightly larger frame/longer recoil spring/heavier... though I don't think it would make a big difference honestly. I sold my 27 for similar reasons... keeping the 23 though :)

Folsom_Prison
01-29-2013, 22:34
Well thanks for the input Ben! I've been jonesing for a 45, with this recent panic all I've seen of what's little is left on the shelves at the local Wally world is 40. Soooo, just figured I'd ask regarding the Gen 4 22's if it changed much.

Armedleprechaun
01-29-2013, 23:24
The slightly more aggressive texture and the somewhat reduced grip size, help control the pistol. In my experience, dual RSA does reduce some felt recoil. I have weak hands. However, I still love my 23 Gen4. Hope this helps. :)

BenjiEDF
01-30-2013, 00:23
Well thanks for the input Ben! I've been jonesing for a 45, with this recent panic all I've seen of what's little is left on the shelves at the local Wally world is 40. Soooo, just figured I'd ask regarding the Gen 4 22's if it changed much.

Saturday I'm taking my new 30S to the range, I don't know what to expect but I hope that she's a sweet shooter. We will see. I was conflicted vs the 30S and the 30SF... I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong lol, life is a learning experience. I'm happy with my current glocks in 9mm and .40 those being the 26,19,23... I wanted a 21 gen 4 but couldn't be found, I sorta fell into this 30S and it's new and un-reviewed. I'm willing to stick my neck out and take risks, look forward to a range report. So I'm doing something similar to you (caliber diversity).

Glock 23 hits hard in recoil but it's not bad, certainly more than my 19 though. I don't know if this says much but with the 27 I had to re-adjust my grip every 2-3 shots, with the 23 I just have to get back on aim. It's better.

TSAX
01-30-2013, 01:50
There will be some that say they haven't felt a difference and thats fine. For me the perceived recoil, snappiness and muzzle flip feel slightly less in the Gen 4. I would check some ranges in your area to see if they have one for rent and maybe you could should a Gen 4 and Gen 3 G22 side by side. If you were in my neck of the woods Id invite you down to my range and you could rent both here. :wavey:

:50cal:

fuzzy03cls
01-30-2013, 08:34
The slightly more aggressive texture and the somewhat reduced grip size, help control the pistol. In my experience, dual RSA does reduce some felt recoil.
My experience., I have 2. Went from gen 3 G27 to the gen 4 G22. For me it was night & day.

HKLovingIT
01-30-2013, 10:33
Can't say about the Gen 4 but I will offer up that I had a Gen 3 G22 RTF2 Gill as my first and I liked shooting it just fine. Then I traded it like a dope. :faint:

Later on I got a 3rd Gen G23 and I hated that thing. Just didn't agree with me at all. It's not my favorite size model to start with but I didn't like it. I gave it about 3/4 case of ammo trying it out then traded it away.

Point being, the G22 Gen 3 was enjoyable to me except if using something like 155 gr Gold Dot it got a little snappy. The G23 Gen 3 I did not like.

So I would imagine that a Gen 4 G22 would be peachy by comparison to the G23 you did not like. Hopefully you can locate a buddy or someone at the range and run a box through one to try it out.

I'm pretty sorely tempted to get a Gen 4 G22 myself. I don't know why. I guess I kind of miss my old one even though I'm pretty firmly a 9mm guy. :crying:

Folsom_Prison
01-30-2013, 18:09
Thanks guys, not really anywhere I want to rent from to give one a whirl. Don't know anybody that has one either.