Apex Update [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Apex Update

ninjag19
01-30-2013, 08:50
For those who are interested, now they are saying that the new extractors will be available early in March.

up1911fan
01-30-2013, 10:11
Mine shipped monday.

INEEDMILK
01-30-2013, 12:07
Thanks

samuse
01-30-2013, 20:22
For those who are interested, now they are saying that the new extractors will be available early in March.

Mine shipped monday.

I ordered one for a 3rd gen and it also shipped Monday.

Is there something newer I'm not aware of?

up1911fan
01-30-2013, 21:50
Probably the next batch.

ninjag19
01-31-2013, 08:03
I think that only the gen3's are available now. They told me the gen 4's will be in in March. Did anyone get a gen 4 extractor fro Apex recently?

up1911fan
01-31-2013, 08:19
No. I was going to order one of each, but only the Gen3 was in stock.

hk_shootr
01-31-2013, 09:06
I have a new, uninstalled Apex extractor, two spring loaded bearings & a spring.
Will be listing these parts later today......pm me if anyone is interested.

vtducrider
01-31-2013, 10:37
I ordered a Gen3 extractor today. It appears to be in stock.

vtducrider
02-07-2013, 12:04
I got the APEX extractor on Monday, and installed it. I have not had a chance to range test yet... but right off the bat, the extractor is providing much better contact with the casing. Here is my quick test, field strip the gun, slip a live round in the slide so the extractor claw catches the rim, and shake to see if the round falls out. It only took a couple of light shakes for the round to lose contact with the old set up. Well, I couldn't get the round to come loose with the APEX. Great sign!

WayneJessie
02-07-2013, 12:47
I got the APEX extractor on Monday, and installed it. I have not had a chance to range test yet... but right off the bat, the extractor is providing much better contact with the casing. Here is my quick test, field strip the gun, slip a live round in the slide so the extractor claw catches the rim, and shake to see if the round falls out. It only took a couple of light shakes for the round to lose contact with the old set up. Well, I couldn't get the round to come loose with the APEX. Great sign!

Please take the time to let us know the performance before the APEX and after the APEX.

jim7777b
02-08-2013, 02:50
I have an Apex I no longer need.:crying:

packinaglock
02-08-2013, 03:02
I think that only the gen3's are available now. They told me the gen 4's will be in in March. Did anyone get a gen 4 extractor fro Apex recently?

Months ago.

vtducrider
02-08-2013, 09:19
Well, with the snow storm in the forecast, I made it down to the range last night before it got dark. Here is what I brought with me:

Gen3 G19 EXO with the APEX extractor kit installed
Factory 33-rd mag loaded with 124gr FMJ target reloads (4.8 gr of Win 231, 1050ft/s)
Factory 33-rd mag loaded with 124gr FMJ hot reloads (6.5gr of Power Pistol, 1200ft/s)
Factory 17-rd mag loaded with 115gr FMJ Wolf Ammo (steel casing)
Factory 15-rd mag loaded with 124gr FMJ target reloads
Korean 15-rd mag loaded with 124gr FMJ target reloads

Results:
7 casings from the hot loads ejected over my head
3 casings from the target load landed on my head (as opposed to beaned me in the head)
5 casings from the target load landed on my right arm (I am right-handed)
2 Wolf casings ejected to the left

Conclusion:
The Apex extractor kit did not improve the erratic ejection problem that my G19 has. 17/113 were "erratic". The gun has the 336 ejector installed when I bought it NIB at LGS. I think I am going to put the stock parts back in, and send it back to Glock. That is the only option left at this point, other than selling it. Ugh.... Wonder if Apex will refund me.

up1911fan
02-08-2013, 09:38
They won't refund your extractor. It's a high quality part, but nothing can be guaranteed.

ctious
02-08-2013, 09:46
You guys are making this way too difficult. Do what I did. Pull the extractor weld it up. Recut it to the right thickness and angle. Problem solved. Took all of less then a half hour.

Hint. Use a grinder wheel to rough it. Use files to fit it.

WayneJessie
02-08-2013, 09:57
Well, with the snow storm in the forecast, I made it down to the range last night before it got dark. Here is what I brought with me:

Gen3 G19 EXO with the APEX extractor kit installed
Factory 33-rd mag loaded with 124gr FMJ target reloads (4.8 gr of Win 231, 1050ft/s)
Factory 33-rd mag loaded with 124gr FMJ hot reloads (6.5gr of Power Pistol, 1200ft/s)
Factory 17-rd mag loaded with 115gr FMJ Wolf Ammo (steel casing)
Factory 15-rd mag loaded with 124gr FMJ target reloads
Korean 15-rd mag loaded with 124gr FMJ target reloads

Results:
7 casings from the hot loads ejected over my head
3 casings from the target load landed on my head (as opposed to beaned me in the head)
5 casings from the target load landed on my right arm (I am right-handed)
2 Wolf casings ejected to the left

Conclusion:
The Apex extractor kit did not improve the erratic ejection problem that my G19 has. 17/113 were "erratic". The gun has the 336 ejector installed when I bought it NIB at LGS. I think I am going to put the stock parts back in, and send it back to Glock. That is the only option left at this point, other than selling it. Ugh.... Wonder if Apex will refund me.
I watched a veteran shooter run his new FNS9 for about 50 rounds. Over half of the empty shells hit him square in the face. His shooting form is great. I have two Austrian-made handguns and both have erratic / weak ejection. It's more than just a poor extractor. Maybe a combination of things. I have three handguns that will throw brass at 4:00 all day in an erea usually the size of a #2 washtub(for you country folk).
Your best bet is to send it in and let Glock fix it. I think they know what the problem is and will fix it only if a customer complains.

vtducrider
02-08-2013, 11:55
I watched a veteran shooter run his new FNS9 for about 50 rounds. Over half of the empty shells hit him square in the face. His shooting form is great. I have two Austrian-made handguns and both have erratic / weak ejection. It's more than just a poor extractor. Maybe a combination of things. I have three handguns that will throw brass at 4:00 all day in an erea usually the size of a #2 washtub(for you country folk).
Your best bet is to send it in and let Glock fix it. I think they know what the problem is and will fix it only if a customer complains.

I think I am going to send the g19 back to Glock. I think at least they will install the 30274 ejector. Maybe it will work better with the APEX extractor. It is recommended by APEX. Although I am not confident that Glock will be able to fix the problem completely. Many members here have tried and failed.

HKLovingIT
02-08-2013, 12:24
I think I am going to send the g19 back to Glock. I think at least they will install the 30274 ejector. Maybe it will work better with the APEX extractor. It is recommended by APEX. Although I am not confident that Glock will be able to fix the problem completely. Many members here have tried and failed.

I tried everything with one G17 I have and in the end the simple fix was to order a Gen 4 9mm trigger housing from Midway, pull the ejector out and replace the ejector in the Gen 3 trigger housing with it. No more problem.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/225860/glock-trigger-housing-with-ejector-glock-9mm-generation-4

It had been back to Glock already and everything in it was swapped at one time or another except the slide itself. At the time they would not put the updated ejector into a Gen 3. Maybe they will if you make enough of a stink. :dunno: I would just do it myself.

WayneJessie
02-08-2013, 12:58
I tried everything with one G17 I have and in the end the simple fix was to order a Gen 4 9mm trigger housing from Midway, pull the ejector out and replace the ejector in the Gen 3 trigger housing with it. No more problem.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/225860/glock-trigger-housing-with-ejector-glock-9mm-generation-4

It had been back to Glock already and everything in it was swapped at one time or another except the slide itself. At the time they would not put the updated ejector into a Gen 3. Maybe they will if you make enough of a stink. :dunno: I would just do it myself.

Midway has them on backorder. I guess someone else has been installing them.

samuse
02-08-2013, 17:21
I bought the Gen 3 Apex extractor just to try it out in a Gen 3 FDE 19.

The gun runs fine stock, but it only has a few hundred rounds through it.

It hits me in the head/face occasionally with the Apex, all I shoot is Federal American Eagle.

So in my case, the gun worked better stock than with the Apex, but it never had any problem stock...

vtducrider
02-14-2013, 13:05
Called Glock today... Tech says the problem is probably attributed to the aftermarket finish. I thought my EXO was part of a factory special run. Guess not. Then I asked if he was aware of a batch of Glocks that were known to have the erratic ejection problem. He says no. Ugh... The recommendation was to send the G19 to GA for an evaluation. I gotta send it overnight at my cost. Should I do it?

AustinTx
02-14-2013, 21:15
Called Glock today... Tech says the problem is probably attributed to the aftermarket finish. I thought my EXO was part of a factory special run. Guess not. Then I asked if he was aware of a batch of Glocks that were known to have the erratic ejection problem. He says no. Ugh... The recommendation was to send the G19 to GA for an evaluation. I gotta send it overnight at my cost. Should I do it?

The "EZZ" serial prefix guns were part of a special run, accidently. Glock actually had a recall, if your S/N was in a certain group. There was a problem with some guide rails possibly breaking. The Glock seemed to run just fine with 3 guide rails, if one broke off. You can call Glock, with your S/N and they can let you know. This wasn't a large lot of guns and just because you had a "EZZ" S/N didn't make a bad one.

I think you need to call Glock and see if they don't owe you some free shipping.