'Carrying a Gun Saved My Life': Meet Ryan Moore [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 'Carrying a Gun Saved My Life': Meet Ryan Moore

psh
01-30-2013, 10:43
I interviewed my friend Ryan Moore for PJMedia.com about self-defense and gun laws at:

'Carrying a Gun Saved My Life': Meet Ryan Moore (http://pjmedia.com/blog/carrying-a-gun-saved-my-life-meet-ryan-moore/?singlepage=true)

Ryan explains what happened the night he used a gun in self-defense, why he now carries a Glock 21, and why new gun control proposals are dangerous to ordinary people.

Please feel free to share Ryan's story with others interested in gun rights and practical carry issues.

jthrelf
01-30-2013, 11:14
Thanks for sharing. Makes me reconsider my LCR + speed strip as my EDC...

spcwes
01-30-2013, 12:34
Yea nice read, thanks for sharing!

Lord
01-30-2013, 16:18
because of this article, I now carry a second mag at all times

IndyGunFreak
01-30-2013, 16:37
because of this article, I now carry a second mag at all times

Just curious what convinced you? I didn't really see anything there I've not read 100 other places.

Glad the shooter is OK.. thanks for posting.

Beretta92guy
01-30-2013, 16:44
good read, thanks for posting that!!!

SCmasterblaster
01-31-2013, 08:47
I am glad that I carry 17 rounds in my G17, and Fed +p+ 115gr JHPs they are.

Gray_Rider
02-08-2013, 00:25
Scary situation all around. Ryan could have had his carrotid slashed. A very close call. I had an aquaintance grab me like that from behind. No knife. Nothing serious. Just in fun, and I was totally helpless. I couldn't access my CCW in my front pants pocket.

I'm not happy to see his attacker killed, (makes my stomach churn actually) but he cared little about Ryan's safety or life. Criminals are going to have to accept this will happen more and more if they attack people at random.

Too bad, but glad Ryan lived and wasn't charged falsely.

Gray_Rider

racer88
02-08-2013, 14:36
Nice interview. Shared on Facebook.

I carry a fully loaded and chambered G27 (9+1) and a spare standard G27 magazine (9 rounds).

racer88
02-08-2013, 15:15
However the story makes me think about situational awareness. I'd like to hear more details about the encounter as it pertains to the initial contact. It sounds like he was still in his car with the door open when the 1st guy approached him for money. And, then how did a 2nd guy sneak up behind him?

The first encounter is a classic example of the "interview" (and distraction).

SCmasterblaster
02-10-2013, 16:33
A very nice interview - well done!

LASTRESORT20
02-10-2013, 16:43
Well done! Thanks for the share.

token5gtd
02-10-2013, 16:49
Nice interview. Shared on Facebook.

I carry a fully loaded and chambered G27 (9+1) and a spare standard G27 magazine (9 rounds).

G23 @ 3:30, G27 @ 11:00 crossdraw, and two G22 mags @ 9:00.

I used to just carry either or, but just about 2 months ago a guy was jumped, beaten and robbed by 4 guys at a gas station in my town. Cameras got the tags and police eventually caught 2 of them. Not going to be me.

robhic
02-10-2013, 17:20
However the story makes me think about situational awareness. I'd like to hear more details about the encounter as it pertains to the initial contact.

Excellent point. I thought the same thing. Was the 2nd guy visible or not while the 1st was hassling the driver of the car?

Just how (and from which direction) did he approach his (intended) victim. Did the 1st guy return at the same time the 2nd guy grabbed and did the choke-hold on driver?

Lucky he was so mentally alert. Situation like that would scare the bejeezus outta me and I'm sure most others. Surprise and being attacked, to boot, is a real wakeup that, and I'll admit it, would probably stun me initially.

Good for Ryan and lucky he is OK.

black69
02-10-2013, 17:25
Great article, thanks for sharing!

RyanBDawg
02-10-2013, 17:42
I'm not happy to see his attacker killed

Gray_Rider

I am.

He would have raped, murdered, robbed, until someone else put him down like the diseased animal that he was.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Gray_Rider
02-10-2013, 20:36
[QUOTE=RyanBDawg;19972678]I am.

He would have raped, murdered, robbed, until someone else put him down like the diseased animal that he was.

My intent was that he made such illogical and criminal decisions that lead to him to being shot. Long rap sheet from the sounds of it and yes, he was only going to get worse.
IE sorry you had to do the gangasta criminal lifestyle and you were shot. But in that line of "work" being shot is called "dying of natural causes".

I am glad his indended victim had his head about him and able to survive. I agree Ryan B. I didn't mean to sugarcoat things. Said thug needed a dose of what he got.

Gray_Rider

RyanBDawg
02-10-2013, 20:38
[QUOTE=RyanBDawg;19972678]I am.

My intent was that he made such illogical and criminal decisions that lead to him to being shot. Long rap sheet from the sounds of it and yes, he was only going to get worse.
IE sorry you had to do the gangasta criminal lifestyle and you were shot. But in that line of "work" being shot is called "dying of natural causes".

I am glad his indended victim had his head about him and able to survive. I agree Ryan B. I didn't mean to sugarcoat things. Said thug needed a dose of what he got.

Gray_Rider

It's what happens when you have a revolving door justice system.

I guess it's up to us to take care of business when there is obviously no one else to rely on!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

cbird77
02-10-2013, 20:50
Thanks for sharing. Makes me reconsider my LCR + speed strip as my EDC...

That's my EDC if the LCR is IWB, the speed strip is no bigger than a lighter. I try to have 10 rounds on me when carrying.