Gabby Giffords [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gabby Giffords

snerd
01-30-2013, 11:13
Her shooting was horrific. I feel for her and her husband and her family. But she was shot in the head. She has some degree of brain damage. She was trotted out again this morning solely for the emotional effect on the gun debate. Liberals are despicable.

aircarver
01-30-2013, 11:19
Liberals are despicable.

One of life's truisms ... :frown:

sugarcreek
01-30-2013, 11:19
I bear no inappropriate guilt or shame...
I do bear effective arms that I too might not be a victim.
We have a choice, not that it matters to some...

ancient_serpent
01-30-2013, 11:30
I realize it sounds cold hearted, but as bad as what happened to her was, imagine how many more people will die if she gets her way.
I didn't hurt anybody with my guns and I don't feel the need to give up anything to give morons the illusion of security.

G29Reload
01-30-2013, 11:32
Getting shot in the head does not qualify you to design social policy.

janice6
01-30-2013, 12:10
Too bad that in their hurry to rationalize the argument that guns are bad, government officials parade victims of shootings before the cameras, simply to elicit sympathy that will result in taking away some of our citizens rights.

Where are the discussions with the many persons that are not victims of physical abuse or death, because they possessed a firearm when threatened with deadly force.

Some public records of some of these people do exist. But they are not essential to the elimination of the Second Amendment rights of select citizens. Control is the issue, not guns.

This is not a discussion, and it never has been. It's a witch hunt, to eliminate peoples ability to protest government abuse, and recognize a right to self protection. The government wants all the control of an individuals self protection, because it is another means of control, not because it is "right" or even feasible.

No one in Government, local or federal, wants a rational evaluation. this is about control and preys on illogical and uninformed fear.

The Government wants no interference from the populace in doing whatever it feels furthers it goals, regardless of what the citizens want. It's still about control.

WT
01-30-2013, 12:26
Obviously with the consent of her husband who was standing next to her as she read her statement.

I gather Mr. & Mrs. Giffords now run an anti-gun group, ala' the Brady Bunch. I guess people have forgotten who Brady was and now we have a new, modern version of him and his group,

RussP
01-30-2013, 13:20
All we want, and need, is the superior firepower to eliminate threats like Loughner.

redbaron007
01-30-2013, 13:27
Too bad that in their hurry to rationalize the argument that guns are bad, government officials parade victims of shootings before the cameras, simply to elicit sympathy that will result in taking away some of our citizens rights.

Where are the discussions with the many persons that are not victims of physical abuse or death, because they possessed a firearm when threatened with deadly force.

Some public records of some of these people do exist. But they are not essential to the elimination of the Second Amendment rights of select citizens. Control is the issue, not guns.

This is not a discussion, and it never has been. It's a witch hunt, to eliminate peoples ability to protest government abuse, and recognize a right to self protection. The government wants all the control of an individuals self protection, because it is another means of control, not because it is "right" or even feasible.

No one in Government, local or federal, wants a rational evaluation. this is about control and preys on illogical and uninformed fear.

The Government wants no interference from the populace in doing whatever it feels furthers it goals, regardless of what the citizens want. It's still about control.

You are right. There is no question they (liberal bureaucrats) want to 'control' guns! And they will not not stop at anything, will use any circumstance (and the victims), to achieve this desired goal of no guns, except for the appointed elite!

I hope there is more and more congressional jibber jabber; the more time that passes without any ground being made, the less chance of anything getting passed.

:wavey:

red

concretefuzzynuts
01-30-2013, 13:55
Guns aren't he problem.

These are the problem:

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w459/concretefuzzynuts/furn/220px-Jared_Loughner_sheriffs_office_zps4f3975df.jpg
http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w459/concretefuzzynuts/furn/Unknown-5_zpsc6d53dff.jpeg
http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w459/concretefuzzynuts/furn/james-holmes3_zps2be3a86f.jpg

Bren
01-30-2013, 14:14
Her shooting was horrific. I feel for her and her husband and her family. But she was shot in the head. She has some degree of brain damage. She was trotted out again this morning solely for the emotional effect on the gun debate. Liberals are despicable.

She's the new James Brady - they wheeled him out constantly until, oddly enough, he was able to walk and recovered more brain function.

JFrame
01-30-2013, 14:37
Mrs. Giffords -- meet Dr. Suzanna Gratia Hupp.

Berto
01-30-2013, 14:41
It's hard to argue what didn't happen against things that did happen, the sleazebags foisting gun control know this.

czsmithGT
01-30-2013, 15:16
Getting shot in the head does not qualify you to design social policy.

Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act

G29Reload
01-30-2013, 15:19
Mrs. Giffords -- meet Dr. Suzanna Gratia Hupp.

Ding. Game set match.

DOC44
01-30-2013, 15:35
Guns aren't he problem.

These are the problem:

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w459/concretefuzzynuts/furn/220px-Jared_Loughner_sheriffs_office_zps4f3975df.jpg
http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w459/concretefuzzynuts/furn/Unknown-5_zpsc6d53dff.jpeg
http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w459/concretefuzzynuts/furn/james-holmes3_zps2be3a86f.jpghttps://www.truthwinsout.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/dianne_feinstein.jpg

Doc44

jeanderson
01-30-2013, 15:42
Having Gabby Giffords at this hearing is the same as having children at Obama's executive order signing a couple of weeks ago. Using whatever "props" you need to try and sway the soft-headed fools into thinking gun control is going to save lives. Pathetic and downright disgusting.

concretefuzzynuts
01-30-2013, 15:44
https://www.truthwinsout.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/dianne_feinstein.jpg

Doc44

They all have crazy eye syndrome.

Cavalry Doc
01-30-2013, 16:10
All we want, and need, is the superior firepower to eliminate threats like Loughner.

Hmmmm.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p158/CavalryDoc/Peacefirepower.gif

That has a certain ring to it.

Wolfdad
01-30-2013, 18:20

The Government wants no interference from the populace in doing whatever it feels furthers it goals, regardless of what the citizens want. It's still about control. Exactly!!!

grecco
01-30-2013, 18:21

yep, just like how sara trotted out jim brady,
they have no shame.

Cavalry Doc
01-30-2013, 18:40
I just wish they would go ahead and make it illegal for anyone planning on a mass murder spree to shoot anyone before they shoot themselves. That would stop all of this....... [sarcasm]

the rules don't work on these guys. Opposing force will though.

czsmithGT
01-30-2013, 18:55

Here is one- no liberal progressives want to acknowledge this could ever happen again though so I'm a bit surprised NPR even interviewed him:

Korean Store Owner On Arming Himself For Riots

http://www.npr.org/2012/04/27/151526930/korean-store-owner-on-arming-himself-for-riots

RenegadeGlocker
01-30-2013, 18:57
Liberals are despicable.

They trotted James Brady whenever it was politically convenient out for decades, expect the same with Giffords.

trackstar55
01-30-2013, 19:22
I realize it sounds cold hearted, but as bad as what happened to her was, imagine how many more people will die if she gets her way.
I didn't hurt anybody with my guns and I don't feel the need to give up anything to give morons the illusion of security.

THIS :agree:

larry starling
01-30-2013, 19:26
while I feel sorry for her and the current condition she is in. I can't help but think her husband is a attention whore and he is a Low life IMHO for using her to push his personal agenda.

FLIPPER 348
01-30-2013, 19:36
Her shooting was horrific. She was trotted out again this morning solely for the emotional effect on the gun debate. Liberals are despicable.

....but her shooting was horrific

QNman
01-30-2013, 19:47

... and you think what of trotting her out for political purposes? Do you agree with her position? Inquiring minds want to know.

ETA: While we're at it, is this a gun problem? Or a mental disease problem?

LASTRESORT20
01-30-2013, 20:00

Yes...very sad *And the Leftist fools wont let `this tradgy` go to waste.
And they will use it over & over....Like they use the children.

concretefuzzynuts
01-30-2013, 20:02
They call him, Flipper, Flipper.......

DOC44
01-30-2013, 20:10
and congress should listen to the ideas of the lady who has been shot in the head....

I know that is a cold statement and I agree all the innocent people shot by these mentally ill people is horrible. I keep wondering why Giffords was not exercising her CCW on the day she was shot and why she did not have armed security.

Never leave home without it.

Doc44

Bruce H
01-30-2013, 20:14
They have taken a page from Sarah Brady. Start a cause that you can get others to throw money at. Live well and keep convincing idiots to keep throwing money at you for your expertise.

By the way, since she was a congresscritteer who paid for everything and is still paying?

Cambo
01-30-2013, 20:20
Did she and her husband turn in their Glock 19 and AK47 yet? Just curious.

janice6
01-30-2013, 20:27
Guns aren't he problem.

These are the problem:

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w459/concretefuzzynuts/furn/james-holmes3_zps2be3a86f.jpg

What is it that those guys see?

DOC44
01-30-2013, 20:34
http://www-tc.pbs.org/wnet/need-to-know/files/2012/12/BradyBill.jpg

Doc44

LASTRESORT20
01-30-2013, 20:36

janaice....you got a point there. **Very strange..."like" they are viewing a movie programmed just for them in their heads `all of them.....messed up.

juggy4711
01-30-2013, 21:04

Having a mentally ill brother I can tell you that is the look of a person that is completely out of their mind.

...Very strange..."like" they are viewing a movie programmed just for them in their heads...

That's actually pretty much spot on.

oldman11
01-30-2013, 21:48
I felt sorry for Mrs. Giffords when she got shot, as we all did. But I applauded her when she said she would still defend the 2nd amendment. But her husband had already started his anti gun rhetoric, but she stayed steadfast. I don't know what the politicians did to get her to change her attitude. Could be husband threatened to leave her, or could be that the democratic party said they would keep her in politics and pay her if she flipped; but also if she didn't flip they would dump her, and there would be no more money. Or any combination thereof. If she thinks about this for awhile I wonder what she would be thinking of herself now. I know my opinion sure has dropped

DOC44
01-30-2013, 22:03
I felt sorry for Mrs. Giffords when she got shot, as we all did. But I applauded her when she said she would still defend the 2nd amendment. But her husband had already started his anti gun rhetoric, but she stayed steadfast. I don't know what the politicians did to get her to change her attitude. Could be husband threatened to leave her, or could be that the democratic party said they would keep her in politics and pay her if she flipped; but also if she didn't flip they would dump her, and there would be no more money. Or any combination thereof. If she thinks about this for awhile I wonder what she would be thinking of herself now. I know my opinion sure has dropped

She has been shot in the head.

Doc44

EOS
01-31-2013, 00:49
I heard a rumor that Feinswine plans to show pictures of the dead bodies from Newtown, dont know if its true or not. But we should all be prepared for a new level of degeneration from these authoritarian scum.

I dont care if Giffords got shot or not. I think it's pretty damn self centered to say that because she got shot, the rights of every American should be trampled. I didn't shoot her. Therefore will not take responsibility for what happened to her.

Collective responsibility is a Fascist concept, I accept no responsibility for anyone's actions but my own. Sorry if this sounds "mean" but, Giffords can go pound sand.

jeanderson
01-31-2013, 05:20
Collective responsibility is a Fascist concept, I accept no responsibility for anyone's actions but my own. Sorry if this sounds "mean" but, Giffords can go pound sand.
:agree::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Brucev
01-31-2013, 06:02

Liberals have been victimizing women since time out of mind. They now continue in that vein using her as a political vehicle. It's brady 2.0.

PawDog
01-31-2013, 07:08
while I feel sorry for her and the current condition she is in. I can't help but think her husband is a attention whore and he is a Low life IMHO for using her to push his personal agenda.

At this stage, it's obvious she's nothing but a sock puppet for the Left and the Soros financed gun-grabbing group her husband started.

In her present mental state, can she legally own a firearm?

LASTRESORT20
01-31-2013, 13:57

~ "But that one on the far left: he had crazy eyes. Figured him to make the first move" ~ "Josey Wales"

snerd
01-31-2013, 13:59
~ "But that one on the far left: he had crazy eyes. Figured him to make the first move" ~ "Josey Wales"
What is and what should never be. Some things are better off not spoken of. If you could see what they see, you'd be one of them!

JFrame
01-31-2013, 14:34
What is and what should never be. Some things are better off not spoken of. If you could see what they see, you'd be one of them!

...The profound thought of the day... :thumbsup:

jakebrake
01-31-2013, 14:50

i hear he bought another gun this week.

see they didn't get rid of theirs...huh...

JP22
01-31-2013, 16:20
I dont care if Giffords got shot or not. I think it's pretty damn self centered to say that because she got shot, the rights of every American should be trampled. I didn't shoot her. Therefore will not take responsibility for what happened to her.

"The term sin-eater refers to a person who, through ritual means, would take on by means of food and drink the sins of a household, often because of a recent death, thus absolving the soul and allowing that person to rest in peace."

Come on everybody, eat up.

Cavalry Doc
01-31-2013, 19:40
I can understand her and their families resentment about guns. That I get. I also get the fact that I have a responsibility to protect my family. I'd like the Federal Government to make that easier. I do not expect them to protect me, but I do expect them to get out of the way. I can do that myself. After all, it's really my responsibility.

redbaron007
02-01-2013, 06:41
I can understand her and their families resentment about guns. That I get. I also get the fact that I have a responsibility to protect my family. I'd like the Federal Government to make that easier. I do not expect them to protect me, but I do expect them to get out of the way. I can do that myself. After all, it's really my responsibility.

^^^
Very well stated!

:wavey:

red

oldman11
02-01-2013, 08:34
Let me lay this shocker on you. Giffords and her husband still own their guns, and they aren't giving them up. They need their guns to protect themselves. Hypocrisy at it's best.

JFrame
02-01-2013, 10:17
Let me lay this shocker on you. Giffords and her husband still own their guns, and they aren't giving them up. They need their guns to protect themselves. Hypocrisy at it's best.

Yeah -- but they're, like, IMPORTANT people, while we're like -- you know -- serfs...

DonGlock26
02-02-2013, 06:29

The Giffords still own two guns and I believe that one is a Glock.

jakebrake
02-02-2013, 06:57
The Giffords still own two guns and I believe that one is a Glock.

i was of the belief it was 2 glocks. model 19s.

define irony

Cavalry Doc
02-02-2013, 07:04

I hope she is well enough to responsibly own it. I have no clue what her actual level of impairment is, but it would be a concern.

It's very sad what happened to her, and she is in a very unusual position considering what happened. I wish her to be personally well, and a complete and utter political failure. No hard feelings.

flyover
02-02-2013, 19:37

I think they see the wide open abyss of Hell and have the desire to take as many victims as they can with them.

MoCop
02-03-2013, 17:10

Yes, her shooting was horrific. That being said, I don't feel sorry for her or her husband. They're both using her tragedy to disarm law abiding Americans just as much as their lib-partners. Gabby and her hubby are just as guilty as our elected swine that are trying to turn us into subjects.:steamed: