The AWB is dead... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The AWB is dead...

beforeobamabans
01-30-2013, 16:31
When a freshman senator from Indiana can break ranks with the demo orthodoxy, it is DEAD, DEAD, DEAD. Way to go, Joe!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/30/joe-donnelly-assault-weapons_n_2581705.html

G-34
01-30-2013, 16:43
stay tuned for STANDARD and HIGH capacity mags to be banned,

neutered mags for the rest of forever:steamed::steamed:

cowboy1964
01-30-2013, 16:43
Unfortunately I think it's going to take months and months for the panic to subside. People are realizing that we are only potentially one more incident away from the next time and the next time it may actually go through.

Rob1109
01-30-2013, 17:04
The same people that say the AWB will never pass are the same people to said Romney was a shoe in!!!!!!

Cavalry Doc
01-30-2013, 17:05
Politics is like herding cats. Don't mistake one from initially heading out west for a trend, he will either separate from the herd and be lost, or get corralled back into ranks pretty quickly.

My crystal ball has a huge crack in it, and I don't predict the future very well, but I still think this thing is not over yet.

nmstew
01-30-2013, 17:13
Politics is like herding cats. Don't mistake one from initially heading out west for a trend, he will either separate from the herd and be lost, or get corralled back into ranks pretty quickly.

My crystal ball has a huge crack in it, and I don't predict the future very well, but I still think this thing is not over yet.

I'll breath a little easier for now. I will not relent on my letter writing. How do we know when it is dead? Do we pass an amendment or law that makes it final? Perhaps something that ends in "shall not be infringed"?

That would be nice, but I think we are back to eternal vigilance and hoping that all the new NRA members, gun buyers and the like don't just forget about it in a few months only to get back in after the next big atrocity.

par4buffett
01-30-2013, 17:19
The media is pumping every shooting incident into the news to keep the public angry.

I agree, no such thing as a sure thing. A big fight is ahead... Has the administration paid much attention to anyone who is not on their agenda, no matter how many there are?

Kablam
01-30-2013, 17:22
I'll breath a little easier for now. I will not relent on my letter writing. How do we know when it is dead? Do we pass an amendment or law that makes it final? Perhaps something that ends in "shall not be infringed"?

That would be nice, but I think we are back to eternal vigilance and hoping that all the new NRA members, gun buyers and the like don't just forget about it in a few months only to get back in after the next big atrocity.

Nice! My thoughts exactly. :wavey:

opto_isolator
01-30-2013, 17:57
It may be dead in it's current form, but make no mistake - they will try to pare it down to make it more "palatable." I've also heard talk to attaching it to other bills, such as the immigration bill. Do not put your guard down - they will not stop.

QNman
01-30-2013, 18:10
He just hasn't seen the back of Obama's woodshed yet...

Don't be fooled; this ain't over by a long stretch. One more rampage in the next couple months and we can all kiss our mags goodbye.

beforeobamabans
01-30-2013, 18:30
The Dems are learning that a comprehensive attack on 2A won't work. Will they regroup and attack piece by piece? Who knows. They also know there is a history of public backlash against anti-gunners.

Cavalry Doc
01-30-2013, 18:35

When you die of old age and it's not here yet, then you will only know that your offspring will have to carry on the fight without you.

It will never be dead.

DOC44
01-30-2013, 20:14
When you die of old age and it's not here yet, then you will only know that your offspring will have to carry on the fight without you.

It will never be dead.

But my offsprings will have plenty of ammo to shoot.... may have to dig up a gun or two though.

Doc44