Oh no! The dreaded Assault Bow & Arrow attack [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Oh no! The dreaded Assault Bow & Arrow attack

Sheepdog689
01-30-2013, 18:15
http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2013/01/29/camden-county-man-arrested-for-allegedly-shooting-and-killing-another-man-with-bow-and-arrow/

janice6
01-30-2013, 18:17
OH...Crap. Now we have to ban bows and arrows.

Cavalry Doc
01-30-2013, 20:09
I was afraid of this..... :rant:

my crossbow has a pistol grip and one of those things that goes up in the back.

Damn.

DOC44
01-30-2013, 20:36
Oh crap, got a old Bear Kodiak Magnum recurve and a couple of compounds, one is a 70 lb. probably consider a magnum with a mechanical trigger wrist release and a four bar sight and string silencers. I want to get a semi-automatic cross bow with a 12 rd clip.

Doc44

stsai465
01-30-2013, 23:19
Serious question; wouldn't a modern compound crossbow with enough pull, fitted with an appropriate hunter arrowhead and an optic sight (I know they exist for bows) be just about as deadly as a pistol or rifle within <100 yards or so, give or take, and is also much more silent than even most suppressors?

LASTRESORT20
01-30-2013, 23:50
OH...Crap. Now we have to ban bows and arrows.

:supergrin:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-fbqTvkpKz_s/UJ1VESE_TRI/AAAAAAAAEaQ/20MRhIi_fdg/s1600/Dianne-Feinstein-640.jpg

callihan_44
01-31-2013, 06:17
please dont make me register my 6 arrow high velocity clip thats mounted on the side of my hoyt, or my beeman (scarey black) carbon arrows designed to kill quickly (super high velocity) :-)

DOC44
01-31-2013, 07:50
please dont make me register my 6 arrow high velocity clip thats mounted on the side of my hoyt, or my beeman (scarey black) carbon arrows designed to kill quickly (super high velocity) :-)

and don't forget the.........

http://www.netlinkenterprises.com/prodimages/PS-55.jpg

Doc44

DOC44
01-31-2013, 07:55
http://www.antiquetrader.com/wp-content/uploads/Dennis1-AT-9-17.jpg

Times have changed.

Doc44

Zombie Surgeon
01-31-2013, 11:31
Serious question; wouldn't a modern compound crossbow with enough pull, fitted with an appropriate hunter arrowhead and an optic sight (I know they exist for bows) be just about as deadly as a pistol or rifle within <100 yards or so, give or take, and is also much more silent than even most suppressors?

A compound bow in the hands of a shooter who practices regularly it is more deadly and accurate at normal handgun range (up to 75 yards). Not only that, but it is also a lot quieter which makes it even more dangerous.

Ban assault bows! Ban high capacity arrow quivers! Ban releases, noise dampers and bow slings! Ban mechanical arrowheads!
I'm sure that if Sen(ile) Fineswine would see my Martin Slayer compound she would immediately ask to be either confiscated or registered as an assault bow.

Cavalry Doc
01-31-2013, 12:39
I really need to take that lady and Cuomo on a hog hunt. I won't even use an AR 15 on one, I prefer an AR 10.

DOC44
01-31-2013, 20:54
Saw a mom buy her 10-12 year old son a compound bow, case and arrows. He walked out carrying them and very proud. I got to looking and it seems there is no age restriction for any one buying a compound bow... did not check on crossbows. So kids can buy very deadly "reach out and touch someone" weapons and "ammo".

so what is wrong with this picture concerning todays violent society with kids killing kids.

Doc44

Cavalry Doc
01-31-2013, 21:01
Saw a mom buy her 10-12 year old son a compound bow, case and arrows. He walked out carrying them and very proud. I got to looking and it seems there is no age restriction for any one buying a compound bow... did not check on crossbows. So kids can buy very deadly "reach out and touch someone" weapons and "ammo".

so what is wrong with this picture concerning todays violent society with kids killing kids.

Doc44

It's the kids, maybe the parents. Not the bows, arrows or rifles. My 17 year old owns a 22LR rifle. My 23 year old has a 1911 and a 9mm carbine. They are fine with them.

The crossbow is just to extend my deer hunting by a month.

DOC44
01-31-2013, 21:39
It's the kids, maybe the parents. Not the bows, arrows or rifles. My 17 year old owns a 22LR rifle. My 23 year old has a 1911 and a 9mm carbine. They are fine with them.

The crossbow is just to extend my deer hunting by a month.

I did not make my point very well.

With all the rules, laws, restrictions and hoops one has to jump through to buy guns. Of which hand guns included which the average person cannot be effective over 30 yards.... If seems ANYBODY, kids, felons, people with orders of protection against can keep or buy bows and arrow and really damageing extending blades broad heads.

Doc44

jlavallee
01-31-2013, 21:43
Stop assualt bow violence now!