Glock slide to frame fitment ? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock slide to frame fitment ?

Chicago2VP71
01-30-2013, 18:45
I noticed today at the range that the slide on my 21SF seems to be loose compared to say my XD9. Is this design on purpose so when dirty as hell the Glock will still run like a champ?

Does this affect accuracy at all? First time Glock owner so be easy guys. :)

ignantmike
01-30-2013, 18:49
your good.....:wavey:

Mraforever
01-30-2013, 18:50
I have heard of people squeezing the slide in a press to make it tighter. I guess it would make it more accurate.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

Chicago2VP71
01-30-2013, 18:54
I have heard of people squeezing the slide in a press to make it tighter. I guess it would make it more accurate.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

That just sounds like a bad idea.

cciman
01-30-2013, 18:59
What fitment?

The Glock is designed to be loose for the reasons you specified- also reduces manufacturing and production costs, and efficiency.

As a general purpose gun that can also be used competitively, this gun design turned the gun world on its ear in the 1990's. It is accurate enough for most shooters. It still maintains a high performance to cost ratio.

:crying:I would not squeeze it in a press :crying:

Chicago2VP71
01-30-2013, 19:01
What fitment?

The Glock is designed to be loose for the reasons you specified- also reduces manufacturing and production costs, and efficiency.

As a general purpose gun that can also be used competitively, this gun design turned the gun world on its ear in the 1990's. It is accurate enough for most shooters. It still maintains a high performance to cost ratio.

:crying:I would not squeeze it in a press :crying:

Awesome thanks for the information!

cciman
01-30-2013, 19:04
Even with its loose fitment, there are reports where placing a heavy accessory on the front rail has "messed up" the function.

Best to leave it alone and just enjoy it.

gconterio
01-31-2013, 16:05
Even with its loose fitment, there are reports where placing a heavy accessory on the front rail has "messed up" the function.

Best to leave it alone and just enjoy it.

My personal experience would tend to support this. I tried attaching a belt-clip to the slide of my G17, for the simplest possible inside the waste band concealed-carry. (not to mention, the most uncomfortable!) The gun felt totally off-balance, suddenly started to stove-pipe, and would not lock the breach open after the final round was fired. I made it through about one and a half mags at the range before removing it for good. Once it was gone, it once again ran flawlessly.

F-111 John
01-31-2013, 16:25
I believe it is consistent barrel to slide lockup that affects accuracy, not slide to frame fitment. The sights are on the slide, and it is the sights to barrel relationship from shot to shot that determines accuracy.

bentbiker
01-31-2013, 16:41
I believe it is consistent barrel to frame lockup that affects accuracy, not slide to frame fitment. The sights are on the slide, and it is the sights to barrel relationship from shot to shot that determines accuracy.
I believe you meant "barrel to slide" lockup instead of barrel to frame lockup", and I agree. The only time consistent slide to frame alignment is very important is if you have a laser/scope/RDS attached to the frame.

F-111 John
01-31-2013, 17:56
Oops, you are correct, sir! Barrel to slide lockup.

RYT 2BER
02-01-2013, 04:02
Yes it appears that some 10 mm and 45 glocks are the most sloppy. My 20s (x2) , 29 and 21 all seem to be this way