Just look at the posts on this board! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Just look at the posts on this board!

Skyhook
01-31-2013, 11:05
For a while, there, I thought we in the USA had some sort of financial crisis.. economic ruin pending.

Have we been distracted enough? Let's falsh-back to just the other day and see what Stuart Varney says..

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/4663171/stuart-varney-we-look-like-old-europe

janice6
01-31-2013, 11:11
Legal gun ownership is not a distraction from the coming financial crisis. It is going to be a necessity if things do get bad financially.

It is our second, and for some, our first preoccupation, since legal self defense without government forced gun bans will keep us safer if/when the government spends us into poverty.

Yes, I know. the government is only here to "help". Some of us do not want or need the kind of help they are trying to impose on us.

jeanderson
01-31-2013, 11:57
Legal gun ownership is not a distraction from the coming financial crisis. It is going to be a necessity if things do get bad financially.

It is our second, and for some, our first preoccupation, since legal self defense without government forced gun bans will keep us safer if/when the government spends us into poverty.

Yes, I know. the government is only here to "help". Some of us do not want or need the kind of help they are trying to impose on us.
You are absolutely correct. Our society is an intricately woven set of interacting systems which provide everything - food, energy, communications, healthcare, etc. When the SHTF and the financial foundation on which all these systems are built collapse, so do the vital services they provide.

When this happens, anyone who thinks the FEMA trucks will come rolling into their neighborhoods with food and other supplies will be in for a rude awakening. And then, yes, you will be glad you are armed when the gangs come to get your food.

Skyhook
01-31-2013, 13:36

My point was that those of the left with their highly controlled and polished propaganda machinery are keeping the attention from something that will- YES- make firearms a real necessity. Meanwhile, we are sinking beneath the red sea of debt and Giffords, Sandy Hook, and all other personalities and events are being constantly paraded before us.

OBAMA'S idiocy in economics is killing us... he and his slobbering parasites are throwing sand in our eyes.

My take.

Cavalry Doc
01-31-2013, 13:46
Ok, someone is going to have to point out who exactly said this earlier, CF maybe?

Obama voters are the reason we need normal capacity magazines and Semi-auto's. Hard working conservatives aren't going to be roaming in large groups acting like brigands when the welfare and foodstamps suddenly stop.

Skyhook
01-31-2013, 13:53
That is a classic statement!
"Obama voters are the reason we need normal capacity magazines and Semi-autos. Hard working conservatives aren't going to be roaming in large groups acting like brigands when the welfare and food stamps suddenly stop. "

Brilliant, actually. :cheers:

Bren
01-31-2013, 14:03
For a while, there, I thought we in the USA had some sort of financial crisis.. economic ruin pending.

Have we been distracted enough? Let's falsh-back to just the other day and see what Stuart Varney says..

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/4663171/stuart-varney-we-look-like-old-europe

To me, gun rights are the higher priority. As long as I'm armed, a world in economic collapse is just a different way of living.

janice6
01-31-2013, 14:07
My point was that those of the left with their highly controlled and polished propaganda machinery are keeping the attention from something that will- YES- make firearms a real necessity. Meanwhile, we are sinking beneath the red sea of debt and Giffords, Sandy Hook, and all other personalities and events are being constantly paraded before us.

OBAMA'S idiocy in economics is killing us... he and his slobbering parasites are throwing sand in our eyes.

My take.

Yes. I agree with you completely on this.

Skyhook
01-31-2013, 14:14
To me, gun rights are the higher priority. As long as I'm armed, a world in economic collapse is just a different way of living.

:headscratch:

Well, is it not true that you would rather not have to actually shoot, maim, kill another over bread or milk? :dunno:

I, too, am armed and also consider that a huge right- perhaps the greatest of all of the rights-but, good Lord, man, who the hell really wants to have to shoot someone? Really?

When the SHTF, there will be a lot of brutality and nastiness in the cause of survival, financial ruin will increase ammo expenditure. Fact.

certifiedfunds
01-31-2013, 17:57
Ok, someone is going to have to point out who exactly said this earlier, CF maybe?

Obama voters are the reason we need normal capacity magazines and Semi-auto's. Hard working conservatives aren't going to be roaming in large groups acting like brigands when the welfare and foodstamps suddenly stop.

I did.

Obama voters are the reason we need hi cap mags in the first place.

Cavalry Doc
01-31-2013, 19:07
I did.

Obama voters are the reason we need hi cap mags in the first place.

In my case, I live in a humble neighborhood, with humble vehicles, well below what I can afford, but a nice neighborhood. I have 3 normal Police Officers (2 city and one county) and a K-9 guy, and 4 Veterans that live on my dead end cul-de-sac. My AR 10, along with two good sized dogs, ADT stickers on every window, 4 camera's out front, and reinforced doors and windows should convince roving bands of brigands to go somewhere else.

I sincerely hope it never comes to that, but I know what that looks like first hand.

Barry Voters aren't in very high numbers around here, but they exist.