BATF Rides Again! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : BATF Rides Again!

evlbruce
01-31-2013, 13:38
Long article short: BATF opens up a head shop, gets robbed blind, looses department weapons, and stiffs building owner for rent and damages.

Full Story ('http://www.jsonline.com/watchdog/watchdogreports/atfs-milwaukee-sting-operation-marred-by-mistakes-failures-mu8akpj-188952581.html')

humanguerrilla
01-31-2013, 17:59
+ leaves a list with names, contacts and vehicle id of every undercover involved for anyone interested.

certifiedfunds
01-31-2013, 18:03
They're just a bunch of good gun loving guys defending the constitution.

Skyhook
02-01-2013, 07:02
Well, there ya have it.. US Government's finest.. sort of.

Oh, and wasn't this wunnerful?
"Police reports show officers came to investigate the next day."

stevelyn
02-02-2013, 03:07
Couldn't have happened to a better bunch of thugs.

Slackinoff
02-02-2013, 03:42
In an email to Salkin, ATF attorney Patricia Cangemi wrote, "If you continue to contact the Agents after being so advised your contacts may be construed as harassment under the law. Threats or harassment of a Federal Agent is of grave concern. Utilizing the telephone or a computer to perpetrate threats or harassment is also a serious matter."

Well they got one hell of an embarrassing news story instead.....but as expected, they couldn't even see that coming. Good piece of journalism there.

W420Hunter
02-02-2013, 06:42
anyone else get the feeling that government agencies like to see who can outdo each other in the field of incompetence?

Glockdude1
02-02-2013, 06:53
Why am I not surprised..........

:faint:

DOC44
02-02-2013, 07:03
In an email to Salkin, ATF attorney Patricia Cangemi wrote, "If you continue to contact the Agents after being so advised your contacts may be construed as harassment under the law. Threats or harassment of a Federal Agent is of grave concern. Utilizing the telephone or a computer to perpetrate threats or harassment is also a serious matter."

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_thlFYTjJbmQ/SW2NGUkd77I/AAAAAAAALI4/4w-TywltJAU/s640/rodr+fc.jpg

Doc44

barbedwiresmile
02-02-2013, 08:14
Aren't the employees of BATFE drawn from the same pool of 'heroes' that populate our other heroic agencies, from FBI/DHS on down to local 'law enforcement'? ie, those attracted to such a career.

Or are they somehow unique in your eyes?

(Just trying to understand the though processes and selective outrages of 'law and order' 'conservatives'.)

W420Hunter
02-02-2013, 08:14
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_thlFYTjJbmQ/SW2NGUkd77I/AAAAAAAALI4/4w-TywltJAU/s640/rodr+fc.jpg

Doc44

Some one beat you to it Doc

DOC44
02-02-2013, 08:40
Some one beat you to it Doc

???????:dunno:

That cartoon has been one of my favorites since I first saw it in the 60s... different drawing but the same meaning:rofl:

Doc44

Rabid Rabbit
02-02-2013, 15:57
Aren't the employees of BATFE drawn from the same pool of 'heroes' that populate our other heroic agencies, from FBI/DHS on down to local 'law enforcement'? ie, those attracted to such a career.

(Just trying to understand the though processes and selective outrages of 'law and order' 'conservatives'.)

I've heard from a number of federal leo FBI, USSS, DEA that the ATF guys are the bottom of the barrel folk.

stevelyn
02-03-2013, 00:45

Most of the BATFEces pukes are low-watt types that couldn't make it as a dog catcher in most places.

Gunhaver
02-03-2013, 01:16
I've heard from a number of federal leo FBI, USSS, DEA that the ATF guys are the bottom of the barrel folk.

How's that work? When other agencies run across some twit within their ranks they decide the best course of action is to send that twit to go handle the guns and explosive?

Because it's never about the alcohol or the tobacco.

Or could it be that any government agency given an unlimited budget, obscene amounts of authority and very little accountability will become corrupt and incompetent?