Every State should pass a bill Like PA House #357.. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Every State should pass a bill Like PA House #357..

russtang
01-31-2013, 14:07
This is what every state should pass. Today.

PA House Bill No. 357

"Providing that any Federal law which attempts to register, restrict or ban a firearm or to limit the size of a magazine of a firearm in this Commonwealth shall be unenforceable in this Commonwealth; and imposing penalties.
The General Assembly of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania hereby enacts as follows:
Section 1. Short title.
This act shall be known and may be cited as the Right to Bear Arms Protection Act.
Section 2. Definitions.
The following words and phrases when used in this act shall have the meanings given to them in this section unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
"Firearm accessory." An item that is used in conjunction with or mounted on a firearm but is not essential to the basic function of a firearm.
Section 3. Federal law relating to firearms, accessories and ammunition.
(a) Enforceability.--A Federal law, rule, regulation or order created or taking effect after December 31, 2012, shall be unenforceable within the borders of this Commonwealth if the law, rule, regulation or order attempts to register, restrict or ban the ownership or purchase of a firearm, magazine of a firearm, firearm accessory or ammunition.
(b) Federal agent.--An official, agent or employee of the Federal Government, Commonwealth or political subdivision who enforces or attempts to enforce a Federal law under subsection (a) commits a felony of the third degree and, upon conviction, shall be subject to imprisonment for not less than one year or more than seven years, a fine of not more than $15,000, or both.
The Attorney General shall prosecute violations of this section.
Section 4. Duty of Attorney General.
The Attorney General shall defend a resident of this Commonwealth who is prosecuted by the Federal Government for a violation of Federal law under section 3(a) that attempts to register, restrict or ban the ownership or purchase of a firearm, magazine of a firearm, firearm accessory or ammunition that is retained in this Commonwealth.
Section 20. Effective date.
This act shall take effect in 60 days."

snerd
01-31-2013, 14:12
All such bills are just window dressing until the first test case.

herose
01-31-2013, 14:57
Surprising coming from a state that helped put Obama back in office.

Glock!9
01-31-2013, 15:46
I like it!

ERASER
01-31-2013, 15:48
I wonder what the chances are that the bill will actually become law?
Has the Senate decided to take up the bill?
Will Corbett sign it into law?

Time will tell, I suppose.

jakebrake
01-31-2013, 16:00
Will Corbett sign it into law?

willing to lay odds, he will. if he doesn't, castor will destroy him in a primary challenge...and they both know it.

cowboy1964
01-31-2013, 16:01
These bills are political theater. The feds will win. But at least it is sending a message, which may be all that matters.

jlavallee
01-31-2013, 16:19
Time or a max 15,000 fine. Joke.

Gunnut 45/454
01-31-2013, 23:45
I like !:supergrin:

Glock&Schpeel
02-01-2013, 00:27
Wyoming introduced a similar bill a couple of weeks ago.

Good job PA. Maybe more states will jump on board with this. Even if it's just a message it's still a damned good one.

It's too bad they wouldn't do this the other way. I'd love to see the federal government preempt any state law that is more restrictive than (current) federal law when it comes to weapons. It sucks for our deep blue state peers that they have to suffer with state restrictions. Of course that goes against the whole states rights thing so it's just a pipe dream but hey, I would love to see Feinjerk, Schmuckmer and Bloominidiot's faces if all of their state's laws were suddenly and completely GONE.