Ministers call for united black vote to replace Jackson Jr. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ministers call for united black vote to replace Jackson Jr.

snerd
01-31-2013, 16:35
Aggressive TV ads and racial politics take center stage in the race to replace Jesse Jackson Junior in the 2nd Congressional District.

"I don't have enough words to say thank you. All I can say is I'll give you my whole heart and soul," State Sen. Toi Hutchison said Wednesday as a group of African-American ministers prayed that the other black candidates- Robin Kelly, Alderman Anthony Beale and State Senator Napoleon Harris  would remove themselves from the ballot. They believe by having one black candidate, it would be easier for an African-American to win on February 26.

"We need to make sure that everybody understands a house divided against itself cannot stand," Rev. Walter Turner, Hutchison supporter, said.
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/politics&id=8974398

I'm calling for all whites to stand united and vote for white candidates. Gee.......... that sounds kind of racist, doesn't it?

G17Jake
01-31-2013, 17:27
It's all about race with them. Openly racist ministers... what religion do they belong to? Some Afrocentric black liberation theology?