PDA

View Full Version : Chuck Hagel's hearing did not go well

cowboy1964
01-31-2013, 16:03
http://freebeacon.com/this-hagel-hearing-is-a-disaster/

This guy is a disaster.

Wants to gut the military.

Ill-prepared.

Endorsed by Iran (no wonder, considering how much he likes them).

Hates Israel.

What the hell is Obama doing?

czsmithGT
01-31-2013, 16:11

This guy is a disaster.

Ill-prepared.

Hates Israel.

Obama wants another supposed Republican on his cabinet to replace that other corrupt incompetent boob Republicrat LaHood who is leaving as Sec of Transportation. Plus Obama wants to do all he can to destroy the US military from within.

G17Jake
01-31-2013, 16:20

This guy is a disaster.

Ill-prepared.

Hates Israel.

Looking for a like-minded person?

aircarver
01-31-2013, 16:44
Maobama's kind of guy ... :upeyes:

G17Jake
01-31-2013, 16:46
FOX news just showed McCain hammering Hagel, demanding he answer a question either with either a yes or a no.

certifiedfunds
01-31-2013, 16:47
So y'all won't mind the next nominee.....

G17Jake
01-31-2013, 16:50
So y'all won't mind the next nominee.....

That may be the strategy?

Wolfdad
01-31-2013, 16:55
Keep hammering, Sen McCain, show the world what he is!

JohnnyReb
01-31-2013, 17:06

This guy is a disaster.

Ill-prepared.

Hates Israel.

Tons of spin here.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

JohnnyReb
01-31-2013, 17:39
Keep hammering, Sen McCain, show the world what he is!
Hagel is a conservative. McCain is not.

certifiedfunds
01-31-2013, 17:43

Nothing pisses off McCain more than a conservative

G17Jake
01-31-2013, 17:58

I know McCain is not a conservative. I keep hoping he will retire.

I don't know what Hagel is, but he is not liked by McCain.

JohnnyReb
01-31-2013, 18:05
Nothing pisses off McCain more than a conservative

No kidding.

The thing about Hagel is, he has a mind of his own. He is known to think independently about things, and state his views. Hagel is actually seen as a "rogue" by many, because he is an independant thinker. Hagel actually voted against McCain numerous times in the senate, and I would NOT be suprised if there was some bad blood there.

Chuck Hagel has seen some combat.

Chuck Hagel has had a very conservative voting record in the senate.

I have a few gripes with him, the biggest being his vote for the Patriot act, so he is far from perfect.

Before you bash Hagel on what you are seeing in some of the mainstream news, actually check out this guys record.

I think we can do FAR worse then to have this guy as our SECDEF.

JohnnyReb
01-31-2013, 18:07
I know McCain is not a conservative. I keep hoping he will retire.

I don't know what Hagel is, but he is not liked by McCain.

Not at all. McCain is well known to be a neo-con jerk anyway. I respect his service, but I suspect the vietcong did some terrible things to him that effect his judgement.

oldgraywolf
01-31-2013, 18:10
I agree with JohnnyReb. Hagel isn't a sellout, like McCain. He doesn't blow in the wind according to what's popular at the moment.

JohnnyReb
01-31-2013, 18:15
I agree with JohnnyReb. Hagel isn't a sellout, like McCain. He doesn't blow in the wind according to what's popular at the moment.

That's exactly why I want him to be confirmed.

I know EXACTLY what I have with Hagel. I might not agree with him all the time, but the man has a backbone and I can respect that.

As far as his comment about the Jewish lobby that he made in the past, he is not too far off. Had he have used the term "Pro-Israel" lobby, he would have been dead on.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jan/07/chuck-hagel-not-antisemitic-israel

Brucev
01-31-2013, 18:21
He needs to be rejected simply because the squatter nominated him. As to gutting the military... no. The military is long overdue for reductions. It is far beyond anything remotely needed for defense. And there is no constitutional basis for the U.S. military to be a quasi-international cop for the u.n., etc.

As to israel... what's the hubbub bub? They have been a net loss to the U.S. from the first time U.S. taxpayer money was funneled to them. They are just another drain that needs to be flushed out and sealed. They offer nothing to the U.S. And... given the U.S.S. Liberty and jonathan pollard, there is every reason to expect that israel could not be counted upon to do anything at all that was in the best interest of the U.S.

JohnnyReb
01-31-2013, 18:30
He needs to be rejected simply because the squatter nominated him.

And thats whats going on here. Hagel is taking the heat, because of Obama.

So if you reject Hagel, who else will get it? Someone that is a liberal? Lets take the oppertunity to support a good nomination here guys.

This guy will be 5th in line to the presidency, and no doubt influence some decisions in his position.

This is a guy we want to be SECDEF, don't take frustrations at Obama out on him.

Glock30Eric
01-31-2013, 18:36
I support Hagel 100% because he is against the Israel nation. Israel, screw yourself!

Cavalry Doc
01-31-2013, 18:45
I support Hagel 100% because he is against the Israel nation. Israel, screw yourself!

Hmmm. You support him too. Just like Iran.

Nah, I'm against the guy, he's a tool.

Writing both my senators tonight about that. :cool:

DOC44
01-31-2013, 19:35
Could not believe Sam Nunn introduced Hagel and kiss his butt over and over and over. I know Nunn and campaigned for him in south GA in the early 70s.... cannot figure it out with reason.... so it must be political calling in markers.

Doc44

G17Jake
01-31-2013, 19:48

Why do you hate Israel?

Glock30Eric
01-31-2013, 20:06
Why do you hate Israel?

See comment #17 and many more reasons. If we don't support Israel then I won't have to hate Israel.

Zombie Surgeon
01-31-2013, 20:47

Starting WWIII.

SPIN2010
01-31-2013, 21:03
I suspect the vietcong did some terrible things to him that effect his judgement.

Well, I guess ole Johnny won't be owning a gun then with all that mental illness (or maybe he can get it in before the new laws get stamped).

I guess he will continue to only be an ineffective American leader (but he does have that mastered) that guts the country.

What a hero.

czsmithGT
01-31-2013, 22:27
And thats whats going on here. Hagel is taking the heat, because of Obama.

So if you reject Hagel, who else will get it? Someone that is a liberal? Lets take the oppertunity to support a good nomination here guys.

This guy will be 5th in line to the presidency, and no doubt influence some decisions in his position.

This is a guy we want to be SECDEF, don't take frustrations at Obama out on him.

Even a lot of his supporters admitted his performance in the hearing was a disaster, He seemed to have no idea what he was talking about. And saying if he got the job he would be sure to understand what he was doing and no one should worry because he wouldn't be making any policy decision did not inspire confidence.

Gunnut 45/454
01-31-2013, 22:56
Hagel is a moron! No way in hell should he be SECDef!:steamed:

JohnnyReb
01-31-2013, 23:56
Hagel is a moron! No way in hell should he be SECDef!:steamed:

Who will Obama appoint that is the conservative Hagel is?

Glock30Eric
02-01-2013, 05:06
Starting WWIII.

That and following Hitler's footsteps.

Bren
02-01-2013, 05:11

This guy is a disaster.

Ill-prepared.

Hates Israel.

To get this straight, are you describing Obama or Hagel? Hard to tell the difference.

Gunnut 45/454
02-01-2013, 09:32
JohnnyReb
Conservative? Really? Lets see bad mouthed are troops during the Iraq war, didn't support the Iraq war, doesn't support Isreal, Like Irans Government? More then willing to get rid of all our nukes? Yea he sounds so conservative. Then there that little question of his investments in Iran? Alone with alot of other money questions? How could anyone who states I'm in lock step with Obamamoa's vision for our country be considered Conservative!:rofl:

JohnnyReb
02-01-2013, 10:00
JohnnyReb
Conservative? Really? Lets see bad mouthed are troops during the Iraq war, didn't support the Iraq war, doesn't support Isreal, Like Irans Government? More then willing to get rid of all our nukes? Yea he sounds so conservative. Then there that little question of his investments in Iran? Alone with alot of other money questions? How could anyone who states I'm in lock step with Obamamoa's vision for our country be considered Conservative!:rofl:

Where did he bad mouth the troops themselves? He didn't support the Iraq war... what's the problem there? A lot of wasted American dollars and lives for WMDs we never found...

What does supporting Israel have to do with him being conservative? We must have different definitions. I was referring to his voting record as one of the most conservative in the senate.

All our nukes? That claim is an outright lie.

I know nothing of his actual investments in Iran so I can't comment until I look into this.

You are putting words in his mouth yet again with his last comment.

If you don't like him, fine. Don't attempt to discredit him by putting words in his mouth and spreading false information. I don't like this administration any more then you. However, you need to realize the opportunity to put a conservative so close to the presidency in such a liberal administration.

Take what you can, because chances are the next appointment if he does not get confirmed will be a liberal goon.

WT
02-01-2013, 10:17
JohnnyReb - obviously, you are not buying into the party line.:whistling:

How can we allow a former Army grunt with 2 Purple Hearts take over the DOD? (The guy actually knows what goes on in front line combat.)

My God, he was an ENLISTED man! He will give orders to admirals and generals and field marshals. The Officer Class won't be able to handle that.:rofl:

Heck, he might actually care about the troops!

Gunnut 45/454
02-01-2013, 10:17
JohnnyReb
Yea and your stupid enough to think the Iraq war was all about WMD's! Obviously your clueless! So whats going to be your stance when we start another war in North Africa ? Cause its comin! Cause the war on Terror isn't even half over! So you must believe Obamamoa's propaganda that we beaten the terrorist! Not even close!:steamed:

JohnnyReb
02-01-2013, 10:30
JohnnyReb
Yea and your stupid enough to think the Iraq war was all about WMD's! Obviously your clueless! So whats going to be your stance when we start another war in North Africa ? Cause its comin! Cause the war on Terror isn't even half over! So you must believe Obamamoa's propaganda that we beaten the terrorist! Not even close!:steamed:

The only reason congress gave military authorization was because of WMDs. What did we accomplish in Iraq? We liberated them from Saddam, and spent billions of dollars and thousands American lives to do it.

Obviously, you wish to police the world. It's no longer sustainable. Do you care to review the math on this? DOD, medicare, medicaid, and social security exceed all federal revenues. Cuts have to be made, and we can no longer be the worlds police. Beyond financial reasons, it's just simply a bad policy due to blowback.

Terrorism is more of an idea then anything. You will never kill all of the "terrorists". Doing what you suggest places us in a state of perpetual war, and our involvement in the middle east creates more enemies then we kill.

But as usual, when you have no argument, things resort to name calling. It's a shame that more people can't be independent thinkers.

JohnnyReb
02-01-2013, 10:37
Double post

WT
02-01-2013, 10:41
“And our mission is clear, to disarm Iraq of weapons of mass destruction, to end Saddam Hussein's support for terrorism, and to free the Iraqi people.” – President George W. Bush radio address on March 23, 2003.

There were no WMDs.
There was no complicity between Hussein and AQ.
The Iraqi people are thrilled with their freedom.

JohnnyReb - you are spot on!
Regards,
WT
SUVCW

GlockRik
02-01-2013, 10:54
If I have to choose between McCain and anybody else, I'll take anybody else every time.

I didn't support the war in Iraq either, nor the one in Afganistan post taking out bin laden. Time to get out of wars we don't even try to win.

Kablam
02-01-2013, 12:57
Who will Obama appoint that is the conservative Hagel is?

Wow! You sure sound like you're supporting the lesser evil here. I may be mistaken, and please correct me if I am, but aren't you one of the purists that wouldn't support Mittens after the nominations were in the books because you wouldn't vote for the lesser of two evils? Hagel is a friggin political hack, and you know it. So what if he had military experience. He's a looter in it for himself like the rest of them. His only distintion is that he wanted to be famous so he shot his mouth off espousing any controversial stance he could come up with. I'm not saying he's not the best we can do with the choices we may see. See how that works?

pugman
02-01-2013, 13:03
Yea and your stupid enough to think the Iraq war was all about WMD's!

You are right.

It was about oil.

Gundude
02-01-2013, 13:06
The only reason congress gave military authorization was because of WMDs. What did we accomplish in Iraq? We liberated them from Saddam, and spent billions of dollars and thousands American lives to do it.Don't forget we liberated Iran from Saddam's threat, too, so that they could start their nuke program in earnest.

JohnnyReb
02-01-2013, 13:27
Wow! You sure sound like you're supporting the lesser evil here. I may be mistaken, and please correct me if I am, but aren't you one of the purists that wouldn't support Mittens after the nominations were in the books because you wouldn't vote for the lesser of two evils? Hagel is a friggin political hack, and you know it. So what if he had military experience. He's a looter in it for himself like the rest of them. His only distintion is that he wanted to be famous so he shot his mouth off espousing any controversial stance he could come up with. I'm not saying he's not the best we can do with the choices we may see. See how that works?

I don't see him as the lesser of two evils, it's about picking you're battles. I see an entirely different situation here then the presidential election. In this instance, we know what nominee we have vs a complete unknown. Obama and Mittens were too similar to make a difference.

Kablam
02-01-2013, 13:40
Okay. Parse it how you like.

I will agree with you that his voting record is pretty conservative (both real conservative and neo). I have no problem with him being confirmed by the way.

Cavalry Doc
02-01-2013, 13:54
The only reason congress gave military authorization was because of WMDs. What did we accomplish in Iraq? We liberated them from Saddam, and spent billions of dollars and thousands American lives to do it.

Obviously, you wish to police the world. It's no longer sustainable. Do you care to review the math on this? DOD, medicare, medicaid, and social security exceed all federal revenues. Cuts have to be made, and we can no longer be the worlds police. Beyond financial reasons, it's just simply a bad policy due to blowback.

Terrorism is more of an idea then anything. You will never kill all of the "terrorists". Doing what you suggest places us in a state of perpetual war, and our involvement in the middle east creates more enemies then we kill.

But as usual, when you have no argument, things resort to name calling. It's a shame that more people can't be independent thinkers.

Pull up the authorization for the use if force. You count the reasons given that you can find in it, and I'll count the ones I can find. We'll come up with different numbers, but both of us should be greater than two.

While you've got google up, see what happened to the over 1 million pounds of yellow cake uranium that was there, and the artillery shells with chemical warheads etc etc. Then there was that Iraqi general who wrote a book telling how he helped smuggle them out of the country shortly before the invasion.

But whatever, right?

JohnnyReb
02-01-2013, 14:13
Pull up the authorization for the use if force. You count the reasons given that you can find in it, and I'll count the ones I can find. We'll come up with different numbers, but both of us should be greater than two.

While you've got google up, see what happened to the over 1 million pounds of yellow cake uranium that was there, and the artillery shells with chemical warheads etc etc. Then there was that Iraqi general who wrote a book telling how he helped smuggle them out of the country shortly before the invasion.

But whatever, right?

But the big sell was WMDs. That's what got the authorization passed. All of the other reasons were not nearly as influential.

certifiedfunds
02-01-2013, 15:05
You are right.

It was about oil.

Every war in the ME is about oil. I thought that was a given.

Gunnut 45/454
02-01-2013, 15:05
JohnnyReb
So yellow cake urainum and Chemical weapons are not WMD's now? So what is a WMD in your small world? Now I'll not go nto the other hundreds of reason why we had the war in IRAQ! But I'll never convince you so whats the point. You and the rest here just go ahead and piss on those that served and died for us go ahead!:steamed:

JohnnyReb
02-01-2013, 15:08
JohnnyReb
So yellow cake urainum and Chemical weapons are not WMD's now? So what is a WMD in your small world? Now I'll not go nto the other hundreds of reason why we had the war in IRAQ! But I'll never convince you so whats the point. You and the rest here just go ahead and piss on those that served and died for us go ahead!:steamed:

Did you take your medication today?

certifiedfunds
02-01-2013, 15:09
JohnnyReb

I haven't seen anyone on this thread piss on those that served.

czsmithGT
02-01-2013, 15:10
Every war in the ME is about oil. I thought that was a given.

The big problem is we didn't get oil out of Iraq or a gas pipeline out of Afghanistan.

We aren't even any good at our core competency of being exploiting Imperialist running dogs anymore.

certifiedfunds
02-01-2013, 15:17
The big problem is we didn't get oil out of Iraq or a gas pipeline out of Afghanistan.

We aren't even any good at our core competency of being exploiting Imperialist running dogs anymore.

:rofl:

50 years of oil at below market prices should have been part of the Desert Storm cease fire. Once Sadaam was hung, really the oil belonged to the people of Iraq once the war was repaid. I'm ok with that.

However, the BS about bidding out the contracts never should have happened. It should have been US companies.

I'm not sure we need any more gas.

Brucev
02-01-2013, 16:54
[QUOTE=JohnnyReb;19934996]And thats whats going on here. Hagel is taking the heat, because of Obama. He knew what he was doing when he cast his lot with the squatter and his fellow domestic terrorists.

So if you reject Hagel, who else will get it? Someone that is a liberal? Lets take the oppertunity to support a good nomination here guys. It is a nomination made by the squatter. Put a hold on it as well as any and all other nominations made by the current occupant of the white house.

This guy will be 5th in line to the presidency, and no doubt influence some decisions in his position. At best he would be the equivalent of the little statue of a african-american standing in front of a house... w/ a ring in his hand to hold a horse.

This is a guy we want to be SECDEF, don't take frustrations at Obama out on him. I do not want him or anyone else ot be secdef. I say roadblock him and every other nomination that the squatter sends up.

G19G20
02-04-2013, 16:50
What word was spoken the most during Hagel's hearing? The winner is "Israel", with 166 mentions. "Iran" not far behind. For a hearing for a potential Secretary of Defense of the United States. What is wrong with this picture??? When did SecDef become some Israeli official? I swear McCain should just resign and go run for the Knesset and leave us alone.

What was not mentioned during the entire hearing? All-time high soldier suicide rates. That's not important though. Just whether a US gov't official is sufficiently in love with Israel or not.

Cavalry Doc
02-04-2013, 17:14
What word was spoken the most during Hagel's hearing? The winner is "Israel", with 166 mentions. "Iran" not far behind. For a hearing for a potential Secretary of Defense of the United States. What is wrong with this picture??? When did SecDef become some Israeli official? I swear McCain should just resign and go run for the Knesset and leave us alone.

What was not mentioned during the entire hearing? All-time high soldier suicide rates. That's not important though. Just whether a US gov't official is sufficiently in love with Israel or not.

Well, we would never expect that Code Pink, and the rest of the liberal demonization of our Armed Forces Personnel would have any effect. The Liberal media's position on our service members and the meaning of their sacrifice probably has no impact on any of the suicides. Or not.

czsmithGT
02-09-2013, 18:31
Hagel to Withdraw?

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/hagel-withdraw_700456.html

"Ricks says Hagel's position right now is a "problem." He writes, "The prospect of a Hagel regime at DOD is a real problem now because the next SecDef will need to do two things: Work with Congress to reduce the defense budget thoughtfully, and work with the military to re-shape the military to make it relevant to future conflict. At the moment, Hagel appears to lack the political capital to do the former, as well as the intellectual appetite to do the latter."

Gary W Trott
02-09-2013, 21:47

But whatever, right?
You mean the million tons that had been in the hands of the UN for years?

"...Israeli warplanes bombed a reactor project at the site in 1981. Later, U.N. inspectors documented and safeguarded the yellowcake, which had been stored in aging drums and containers since before the 1991 Gulf War. There was no evidence of any yellowcake dating from after 1991, the official said." LINK (http://www.nbcnews.com/id/25546334/#.URck1fKL_Kc)

Periodically you make this wild claim that the yellowcake was in the hands of Saddam Husseins government which wasn't the case. I've pointed this out to you on more than one occasion so it is hard to understand why you continue to promote this falsehood.