Urgent -Go here and vote for your 2A rights [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Urgent -Go here and vote for your 2A rights

scottyd2506
01-31-2013, 22:37
I was sent to this page from a post on here somewhere, it is something senators and congressmen get to see.
it was some othr gun bill we was winning 95% on.
I looked around and found one that we are losing big on, and it is VERY important.

Most of the gun bills on there are opposed like 90% with 4000 votes for pro gun and 160 for anti guns.

this bill the "Common Sense Gun legislation to end gun violence" is scary, like 86% support it

It had banning Assault weapons and hi cap mags on it.

There is like almost 49000 people who voted yes on this. and 8100 no

Every anti gun site in the USA must be linked to this.
This is not just some worthless poll on some avg joe website, this is the real deal where your reps will use the stats to decide his/her vote

If you like your hi cap mag glock, ya should go and voice your opinion, because if the house votes yes on this and we did not take the effort to at least tell them what we want. We have no room to complain.

Post this on every gun site you can , we need to get the word out and the numbers up for us.

https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/113/x101

scottyd2506
02-01-2013, 13:10
This site is the same as writing your representatives.
if they see the vote is 85% in favor of banning AR's and hi cap mags. We might lose big.

A lot of us will not write our reps, at the least we can do it online, and show our senators and congressmen we don't want a 10 rnd mag limit.

If we are quiet, and all the media and anti gun sites link to this, it will look like most of the voters want mag limits. So they (politicians) will think

"humm, I guess most gun owners don't care about anything over 10 rnds. So I'll vote yes."

Then we are in deep trouble.

jlavallee
02-01-2013, 21:42
I have to guess based on the many other gun bills in Congress that a lot of folks on Popvox aren't reading the bills?

We ALL need to be using this site as it is quick and easy with real results if we keep using it. I check it every day and it recommends any new gun legislation and other hot topics for me. If the lefties use this and we don't, we're in big trouble because it is an awesome tool.

scottyd2506
02-02-2013, 02:34
I have to guess based on the many other gun bills in Congress that a lot of folks on Popvox aren't reading the bills?

We ALL need to be using this site as it is quick and easy with real results if we keep using it. I check it every day and it recommends any new gun legislation and other hot topics for me. If the lefties use this and we don't, we're in big trouble because it is an awesome tool.

Yep, the anti gun crowd may not have the numbers the pro gun people have, but they are sticking together and networking, they have the newspapers and media on their side. And if it appears to the politicians they are in greater number, they might well vote to ban hi cap mags.

Most gun sites I see don't even link to any political reps. Matter of fact most gun sites don't even allow political talk, and when they do they limit how you talk about the left wing people. I know of a few LARGE gun sites run by democrats. most of them ban talking about left wing people. This is why on the bill to ban assault rifles and hi cap mags, the left has 50,000 votes on that site and we have 8000.
It is very important to spread the word on getting our numbers out, post any and every gun site you can that allows it.
I just found out about this site a few days ago, it;s like most of gun sites are hiding info from us. when it should have been posted everywhere.

good luck

Brucev
02-02-2013, 07:31
Hum... have to register with that site to vote? Nope. They cannot be trusted. They are liberals. In every way identical to the domestic terrorists squatting in the white house.

scottyd2506
02-02-2013, 10:18
Hum... have to register with that site to vote? Nope. They cannot be trusted. They are liberals. In every way identical to the domestic terrorists squatting in the white house.

I was thinking the same. That is much be a liberal site. The registering is there so people can not double vote.
otherwise the same person can vote 500 times, and the results they send to the politician would be skewed.

I may be wrong, and it may be a liberal site, as the 85% in favor of banning AWB and hi cap mags results.

But most of the other gun laws, the polls show 90-95% in favor of pro gun people. except the pro gun vote are only 8000 (pro) vs like 400 (anti) and this ONE bill has like 50,000 anti vs 8000 pro. it even shows voting poll results by district. EVERY red state and every district shows at least 70% in favor of this AWB hi cap mag limit bill.

I have a feeling the anti gun sites and esp the news media had linked to that "common sense gun violence bill" (I hate saying the word
"gun violence").

Anyway, if most people don't take the time to write by snail mail, then this is as close as it gets. and VERY important.

If this place is not it, what site is there that is -neutral-, you can voice your opinion and the political representatives get to see it?

it very well could be, voice your opinion, or lose your rights.

jlavallee
02-02-2013, 12:11
Well, the whole point is that it is non partisan. The reason you have to register is that it isn't a simple public opinion poll, it is YOU stating your opinion on a bill to Congress. And in case you didn't know, the first real use and proof of the system was to help Republican Lee Terry kill his own bill he wanted to spike.

http://eship.georgetown.edu/2012/11/alumni-spotlight-rachna-choudhry-co-founder-of-popvox/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXTA_xn8k_Y

The system keeps history of how you voted and you'll also note that all the other anti gun bills are strongly in our favor so I am confident this is simply a people going off the title issue. As noted in the video the Democrats are already using it to track real time public opinion and Republicans now do too.

If you can't be bothered to use this then you need to manually write a letter on each bill or we're done. The days of being able to be silent and expect your rights to be respected are long over. The squeaky wheel gets greased and it's one thing when a group of idiot liberals do a sit in somewhere on some issue and get noticed, a tool like this is a double edged sword as it is a great way to track things but if we don't use it and they do, well, we look like a smaller percentage than we are.

We shouldn't have to fight to basic human rights like the 2A to be protected but unfortunately this system works a lot more like a democracy than a republic now.

Finally, how many bills did you make a call or write a letter on last year? I consider myself pretty politically active and I can't be much into the double digits. Hell, things had to hit the media somehow before I knew of them. Using this I've made my opinion known on probably 50 bills in the last month in minutes.

BLACKMAGICK
02-02-2013, 23:26
Done and thanks for posting.

Can't sit on our hands on this one people, let's go.

Skyhook
02-03-2013, 05:21

Same here.. "I oppose common sense legislation to end gun violence."

The fools are 1/2 way there it's common, but makes no sense.

jlavallee
02-03-2013, 11:18
Same here.. "I oppose common sense legislation to end gun violence."

We all should know how deceptive the names of bills can be. I can only imagine that is how that one has gotten the support it has. The bill is there to read for each one, if any group is supporting or opposing and who submitted it.

Some of the responses to bills can be pretty insightful too.

Cavalry Doc
02-03-2013, 11:33
Two different links (one is popvox) have been in my sigline for a while, along with a couple of good reasons to write your reps daily.

SPIN2010
02-03-2013, 11:35
I have voted to oppose everyone of them. Hopefully, everyone else is too.

Keep up the pressure!

scottyd2506
02-03-2013, 14:57
I have voted to oppose everyone of them. Hopefully, everyone else is too.

Keep up the pressure!

You are right, more people should voice opinions instead of sticking head in sand and saying "it can't happen"

A lot of the sites I'm on don't have political talk. I can not log into Ar-15.com because my email is goofed up.

But if any of you can spread the word in other guns sites, it would help.

Right now since most of us pro gun people don't take the time to spread the word or register to vote polls online, the left leaning anti gun crowd has no problem with this, they want guns out of your hands REALLY bad. And will do anything they can to achieve their goal.

take care

scottyd2506
02-04-2013, 09:20

I did an internet search and found popvox to be more conservative than liberal. I think we are safe there.