Beltman, Wilderness Instructor... & Blackhawk! CQC [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Beltman, Wilderness Instructor... & Blackhawk! CQC

packeagle
02-01-2013, 02:26
Does anyone have any experience with both the Black hawk CQC gun belt and any other gun belts? Specificity looking at the Beltmans, CrossBreed, & Wilderness Instructors. I own the CQC belt and find it adequately stiff. I am trying to decide on an equally stiff belt. Please include your belt details (model,width, material, stiffener, etc) and how the stiffness compare as to the CQC.

Lowjiber
02-01-2013, 07:16
I'm not able to answer the material, stiffener, etc. part of your question. All I know, is my two (brown & black) Beltman belts work great.

jdsumner
02-01-2013, 07:36
I wear the Wild Tac csm belt, w/ regular steel buckle (now offered in ti).
I use the 1.5in, but now that I rarely wear jeans anymore, and pretty much stick to Duluth Trading Co work pants, I will try a Wild Tac in 1.75in.
My carry gun is a full size g17, and no complaints.
The other gunbelt I own is a Brommeland Gunleather leather belt. There ain't none better, IMO, but they are hard to come by.
The biggest diff between the two belts, is their style, WT being infinitely adjustable, and always worn UNDER a cover garment, so its never pegged as a 'gunny give-a-way'.
The leather gunbelt by Brommeland is limited by the holes cut for the buckle, but can be worn exposed, yet is so dressy, its not noticed either.

Best I can do for ya, Bro. Hope it helps.

dan

packeagle
02-01-2013, 13:57
Thanks, I carry a Glock 22. IWB in a Whitehat MaxTuck, Low, with a lot of forward cant at 5:00, if that matters.

I'm happy with the CQC's stiffness, but the leather is thin and is wearing off exposing the plastic, after less than a year.

eb07
02-01-2013, 15:17
I bought a wilderness instructor belt 1.75" original in 1996 from the shop in Phoenix. It is my ever day wear belt.

I am still wearing it today, through BHP's, 1911's, Glocks, Wheel guns, and other misc carry pieces. Best belt I ever owned. 17 years and still going. Cannot say enough good things about them.

packeagle
02-01-2013, 17:41
Ok, its between the Wilderness Instructors w/ CSM or the Beltman w/ stiffener. Leaning the way of the Beltman for the less tacticool look. I like tye cost of the Wilderness better though...

Jason D
02-01-2013, 18:21
I've been rocking the Wilderness CSM for a good solid year.
No regrets.