Black ex-coaches say NFL's Rooney Rule is broken [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Black ex-coaches say NFL's Rooney Rule is broken

DOC44
02-01-2013, 06:04
Black ex-coaches say NFL's Rooney Rule is broken

NEW ORLEANS (AP) Three black former NFL head coaches say the league needs to rethink its Rooney Rule for promoting minority hiring after 15 top vacancies eight head coaching jobs and seven general manager positions were all filled by white candidates since the regular season ended a month ago.

http://news.yahoo.com/black-ex-coaches-nfls-rooney-rule-broken-232659868--nfl.html;_ylt=AnqDau_CtOGn4rTdJluMbEIJVux_;_ylu=X3oDMTIxNXNva3R1BG1pdANBVFQgSG9tZSBXaWRnZXRyb24gVGVz dCAxBHBvcwM4BHNlYwNNZWRpYUF0dFdpZGdldHJvbkFzc2VtYmx5;_ylg=X3oDMTFpNzk0NjhtBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cw Rwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

No comment.:whistling:

Doc44

IvanVic
02-01-2013, 06:08
Football is a political issue?

DOC44
02-01-2013, 06:21
Football is a political issue?

Affirmative Action.... and the inability to get the jobs done well economicly... just look at the "White" House today.:upeyes:

Doc44

Booker
02-01-2013, 16:17
Don't pay attention to football but from what I've seen, I'd say that Blacks are well represented in the NFL.

rhikdavis
02-01-2013, 16:29
:crymeariver:

The NFL is keepin' the black man down.

HarlDane
02-01-2013, 17:04
Affirmative Action.... and the inability to get the jobs done well economicly... just look at the "White" House today.:upeyes:

Doc44The government isn't forcing afermitive action on the NFL. The league is free to determine their own membership and employment policies.

IvanVic
02-02-2013, 08:46
The government isn't forcing afermitive action on the NFL. The league is free to determine their own membership and employment policies.

Part of me thinks that Doc44 is smart enough to understand that, maybe, but this section of the forum doubles as "all things about black people" for certain posters - obviously.

DOC44
02-02-2013, 09:06
Part of me thinks that Doc44 is smart enough to understand that, maybe, but this section of the forum doubles as "all things about black people" for certain posters - obviously.

The original post was directed a the old quota thingie. One has to hire so many of green, blue, red, or brown. One has to hire people on a characteristic other than their ability to do the job. Seems like I remember when this started and some group was saying that there has to be more minorities in coaching and management side of sports, mainly the pros. I think one should hire the most qualified person to do the job... I ALWAYS did.

I know that a certain minority did the work on the football field but when the knee blew out there they were through, nothing in the office or the sideline and this was a possible solution.

"all things about black people" for certain posters - obviously

Its not the color. Its the individuals' inability, lack of honesty, bias and criminal activity. The special people who are given advantages because of who or what then are that are not given to the masses.

Doc44

hooligan74
02-02-2013, 09:11
The government isn't forcing afermitive action on the NFL. The league is free to determine their own membership and employment policies.

Couldn't agree more, and one would think this line of reasoning to be obvious.

However, reading many of the posts in this forum quickly dispels that notion.

:rofl:

beforeobamabans
02-02-2013, 13:56
I'm sick of hearing about it. The Super Bowl Ravens (and the NFL) had no problem with their black GM firing their white OC to promote another black man into the position. When it comes to people, the NFL is the most color blind organization in the world.

The only color they care about is green.

railfancwb
02-11-2013, 07:03
If NFL and NBA teams are to hire coaches and back office staffs based on racial quotas, shouldn't they apply the same rules on the playing fields? 14% coaches black, 14% players black?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)