Asked to leave [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Asked to leave

gajones06
02-01-2013, 08:17
Went to Bdubs last night an was waiting for my food to come when a manager approached me. He asked if I was aware that it was a non-carry zone and asked me to either put it my car or leave. I calmly explained that I had not seen a sign anywhere or I would have never come in. As I am walking I out I see a Leo rolling up, manager must have thought I was going on a rampage, once outside I asked the manager where it was posted. This is where it gets good... He said "we don't have to post that." and became visibly upset. I told him he might want to so the next time a legal carrying citizen comes in they can see it and know. He let me know as loud as possible that "its my ****ing store and I will not allow anyone to have a gun and it is my decision to post a sign or not." at this point the cop is right behind me and before I can say a word he informed the manager the next time he calls the police on someone and there is no sign posted they will not send an officer." and "that some who is carrying legally shouldn't be treated like a criminal." at this point the manager walks back inside and the cop ended up apologizing to me for how I was treated. All in all buffalo wild wings will no longer get any of my business or anyone of my friends business.

airmotive
02-01-2013, 08:19
Which store amigo?

mgs
02-01-2013, 08:20
Good for you and the Professional Police Officer.

G36's Rule
02-01-2013, 08:21
What is Bdubs?

kensb2
What is Bdubs?

Buffalo Wild Wings

Dennis in MA
How does Buffalo Wild Wings become Bdubs?

okie
02-01-2013, 08:22
Sorry to hear you got kicked out my friend, kudos on the LEO:thumbsup:

pipedreams
02-01-2013, 08:24
Yes, which store and were you open carrying?

harlenm

Its actual b dub dubs.

B for buffalo, dub for wild and dubs for wings.

Kind of like how bush was dubya.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

G36's Rule
Buffalo Wild Wings

:dunno:

meathead19
02-01-2013, 08:25
How did he know??

I assume you live in GA and I don't think GA is OC.

kensb2
02-01-2013, 08:26
:dunno:
http://www.buffalowildwings.com/

Does that help? :wavey:

superspud
02-01-2013, 08:27
were you open carrying or concealed carrying?

hopefully not "concealed" carrying, b/c they shouldnt have had any way of knowing you had a gun to begin with....

G36's Rule
02-01-2013, 08:36
http://www.buffalowildwings.com/

Does that help? :wavey:

:thumbsup:

Though it would probably make more sense to call it by the correct name at the beginning.

M&P15T
02-01-2013, 08:44
Well, OP?

How were you carrying?

gwalchmai
02-01-2013, 08:50
How did he know??

You may want to check your assumptions.

mgs
02-01-2013, 08:52
Well, OP?

How were you carrying?

I'm guessing "what was appropriate and legal" to the Police Officer that responded.

Dennis in MA
02-01-2013, 08:52
You may want to check your assumptions.

I assume you assume his assumptions are wrong, yes?

Psychman
02-01-2013, 08:58
Basically, to carry a long gun you do not have to have a license to carry as long as you are not prohibited from owning a firearm. To carry a handgun openly or concealed in the state of Georgia (other than on your property or inside your home, car, or your place of business), you must have a Georgia Weapons Carry License (or the older Georgia Firearm License) issued under code 16-11-129 (http://www.georgiapacking.org/GaCode/?title=16&chapter=11&section=129). To carry a knife designed for offense with a blade over 5 inches you

http://www.georgiapacking.org/law.php

Psychman
02-01-2013, 09:01
I am curious if anybody knows if Bdubs is a franchised company. Also is there any corporate policy in place regarding handguns?

racer11
02-01-2013, 09:01
The op should make a call to the owner of the business and explain the event to him and inform him how stupid his manager was acting.

Jeffrey Lebowski
02-01-2013, 09:02
Its actual b dub dubs.

Yeah, and it used to be B-dubya-3 for Buffalo Wild Wings and Weck. I guess the Weck never sold so they dropped it.

This was my favorite place back in college, but they don't get any business from me either. They started catering to a very different demographic than I remember in college (or I grew up or both), and I gave up meat - the no carry thing is just icing on the cake.

686Owner
02-01-2013, 09:04

They were called Buffalo Wild Wings and Weck, which they abbreviated to BW3 on their signs. People to shorten it to bdubs. Can't say that I've ever heard anyone actually call it Buffalo Wild Wings and Weck or even Buffalo Wild Wings.

gwalchmai
02-01-2013, 09:06
I assume you assume his assumptions are wrong, yes?Quite.

meathead19
Basically, to carry a long gun you do not have to have a license to carry as long as you are not prohibited from owning a firearm. To carry a handgun openly or concealed in the state of Georgia (other than on your property or inside your home, car, or your place of business), you must have a Georgia Weapons Carry License (or the older Georgia Firearm License) issued under code 16-11-129 (http://www.georgiapacking.org/GaCode/?title=16&chapter=11&section=129). To carry a knife designed for offense with a blade over 5 inches you

http://www.georgiapacking.org/law.php

Heck, learn something new every day....Thanks.

Maybe one day, we'll have the option to OC. Not sure I would all the time, but atleast it would be an option.

kensb2
I am curious if anybody knows if Bdubs is a franchised company. Also is there any corporate policy in place regarding handguns?

It is indeed a company policy to not allow guns in their restaraunts. It's for the "comfort and safety" of all their patrons. :upeyes:

okie
02-01-2013, 09:10
Just before we got our OC here in Oklahoma I asked the clerk at the Stop&Rob if they were going to put up a sign, and he said no and said he didn't care if I OC'd in. Last Friday I went there to get some energy drinks and when he saw I was packing he ripped into me, he said the next time I came in my gun better damn well be left in my pickup as they didn't want guns in the store, also there are no signs. I am going to find out who the owner is and tell them they lost a customer of 3 years:upeyes:

Psychman
02-01-2013, 09:15
Just before we got our OC here in Oklahoma I asked the clerk at the Stop&Rob if they were going to put up a sign, and he said no and said he didn't care if I OC'd in. Last Friday I went there to get some energy drinks and when he saw I was packing he ripped into me, he said the next time I came in my gun better damn well be left in my pickup as they didn't want guns in the store, also there are no signs. I am going to find out who the owner is and tell them they lost a customer of 3 years:upeyes:

Did you end up leaving the drinks on the counter and walking out?

Psychman
02-01-2013, 09:16
It is indeed a company policy to not allow guns in their restaraunts. It's for the "comfort and safety" of all their patrons. :upeyes:

Ok. Good to know. I am sure they will all be comfortable and safe in their gun free zone munching on their bird parts.

Jeffrey Lebowski
02-01-2013, 09:18

LOL, there's a big assumption I'd never make if I were ripping into a customer.

okie
02-01-2013, 09:21
Did you end up leaving the drinks on the counter and walking out?

No I didn't, I should have:embarassed:

Short Cut
02-01-2013, 09:22
I've eaten lots of restaurants over the years and none of them knew I was carrying. What were doing differently?

okie
02-01-2013, 09:23
LOL, there's a big assumption I'd never make if I were ripping into a customer.

I would never speak to someone like that who had a gun:supergrin::shocked:

Jeffrey Lebowski
02-01-2013, 09:23

Well there's that, too.

kensb2
02-01-2013, 09:25

He knows (assumes) you aren't a criminal, and felt he could berate you without fear of being shot for it.

rhikdavis
02-01-2013, 09:27
Concealed means concealed.

John_NJ
02-01-2013, 09:30
I carried for years before moving to my current commie state. I've never been called out for carry. Concealed means just that - keep it concealed.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

gwalchmai
02-01-2013, 09:31
He knows (assumes) you aren't a criminal, and felt he could berate you without fear of being shot for it.What about the fear of being left looking like Beetle after Sarge was done with him? Have you not seen The Mayor? ;)

Singlemalt
02-01-2013, 09:31
open carry I assume?

okie
02-01-2013, 09:34
What about the fear of being left looking like Beetle after Sarge was done with him? Have you not seen The Mayor? ;)

:rofl::rofl:

meathead19
02-01-2013, 09:35

Appearantly he was OC, which I assumed was illegal in GA. I assumed wrong.

Just for giggles, I called the local Bdubs and asked their policy on guns being carried in but concealed. The female said "they don't have a sign saying no guns and they have cops in carrying guns all the time."

Now, I didn't ask to speak to a manager for verification, but she certainly didn't say NOOOOO, you can't have a gun in here!!! I don't eat there, have much better places for wings.....was just curious.

Magnus2131
02-01-2013, 09:36
Good to hear the LEO was cool.

fg17
02-01-2013, 09:50
The state I live in has open carry w/o a license and cc with a license. Sometime I wear my S&W 686 with a baggy Shirt, but its a pretty big gun, its fairly easy to tell that 'i have a gun on. As long as Im in an area I can carry it does not matter if its concealed, partially concealed, imprinting or open. The area I live in is rural so most people/businesses dont care either way.

Dennis in MA
02-01-2013, 09:59
They were called Buffalo Wild Wings and Weck, which they abbreviated to BW3 on their signs. People to shorten it to bdubs. Can't say that I've ever heard anyone actually call it Buffalo Wild Wings and Weck or even Buffalo Wild Wings.

And Weck???

So it IS originally from Buffalo? Do they put horseraddish on the wings, too?

It's been years. But going back for a sammich seems like a dumb idea. LOL

gajones06
02-04-2013, 02:45
Was the store in Lafayette IN on state road 38.
And I was open carrying which is legal in Indiana.

TBO
02-04-2013, 02:57
Handgun or long gun?

IndyGunFreak
02-04-2013, 03:03

Posting a story like this without immediately noting where you're from is kinda pointless...

but anyway.

Trust me on this, next time the store calls for someone carrying a gun, they're going whether that cop says they will or not. It is good at least that you didn't catch a lot of grief from him over the matter.

Wait till you're not so angry, and write their corporate office and explain the situation to them. If you can include the Officer's name, and don't bring up you will not be going back because you can't carry (they've already gotten a gazillion of those letters). Complain about how the manager talked to you and treated what was going to be a paying customer (for all they know, you were going to comply and take your firearm to your vehicle)

If the manager changes, the policy may change.

IGF

gajones06
02-04-2013, 04:06
Posting a story like this without immediately noting where you're from is kinda pointless...

but anyway.

Trust me on this, next time the store calls for someone carrying a gun, they're going whether that cop says they will or not. It is good at least that you didn't catch a lot of grief from him over the matter.

Wait till you're not so angry, and write their corporate office and explain the situation to them. If you can include the Officer's name, and don't bring up you will not be going back because you can't carry (they've already gotten a gazillion of those letters). Complain about how the manager talked to you and treated what was going to be a paying customer (for all they know, you were going to comply and take your firearm to your vehicle)

If the manager changes, the policy may change.

IGF

Not angry at all.. And it was a handgun not a long gun. It's there lose of business there are plenty of places that are willing to take my money and not ask me to leave due to my choice to protect myself and my loved ones.

Ohio Cop
02-04-2013, 04:37
Your biggest mistake of all was talking to the police.

Mayhem like Me
02-04-2013, 05:04
Open carry ..binging drama to you since 2002..

It was cool enough in GA yesterday for OC to not be needed, and given the recent BWW stories on here I must say way to go ...

I guess the manager was baited but not the cop.

Bren
02-04-2013, 05:27

There was just recently a thread on BWW now prohibiting guns - I believe the consensus was, with food that bad, who really cares. Possibly the worst chain restaurant I have ever eaten in (except for one of those mongolian grill things).

Shagrat
02-04-2013, 05:38

Sometimes, using discretion is best. OC, however legal, under the current climate is akin to saying "look at me everybody, I'm cool, I'm hip" I just hope you weren't wearing mall ninja duds as well.

Kingarthurhk
02-04-2013, 05:48
The only time I OC is when I am going hunting. The rest of the time, no. Get a decent holster and an oversized shirt.

Shagrat
02-04-2013, 06:10
The only time I OC is when I am going hunting. The rest of the time, no. Get a decent holster and an oversized shirt.

I agree. OC is just an attention getter.

GLWyandotte
02-04-2013, 06:33
Open carry is one thing, but it just shows how the media has made people freak at the sight of guns. A criminal isn't going to calmly wear one on his hip.

sigman69
02-04-2013, 06:34
Just before we got our OC here in Oklahoma I asked the clerk at the Stop&Rob if they were going to put up a sign, and he said no and said he didn't care if I OC'd in. Last Friday I went there to get some energy drinks and when he saw I was packing he ripped into me, he said the next time I came in my gun better damn well be left in my pickup as they didn't want guns in the store, also there are no signs. I am going to find out who the owner is and tell them they lost a customer of 3 years

Ok I want the address and name of the store I will write a letter and give them a call. I will also write buffalo wild wings, I would hope everyone else will do likewise....if enough people let them know how you feel, and vote with your $$$$ things do change. Oh yeah Buffalo Wild Wings food sucks ***** but that isnt the point.

Ohio Cop
02-04-2013, 06:37
Ok I want the address and name of the store I will write a letter and give them a call. I will also write buffalo wild wings, I would hope everyone else will do likewise....if enough people let them know how you feel, and vote with your $$$$ things do change. Oh yeah Buffalo Wild Wings food sucks ***** but that isnt the point.

Let me know how that works out for you.

I doubt many people give a hoot.

M&P15T
02-04-2013, 06:39
BWW?

Who care? No loss.

sigman69
02-04-2013, 06:41
Let me know how that works out for you.

I doubt many people give a hoot.

Well it is better than sitting back and doing nothing about it....$$$ talk and BS walks.

Patchman
02-04-2013, 06:59
Possibly the worst chain restaurant I have ever eaten in (except for one of those mongolian grill things).

I've been to Mongolian BBQ places in northern Asia. The grilled food wasn't any better in those places either. :crying:

And the best buffalo wings I've had is still from outside of Buffalo... from a place called Duffs, in Williamsville.

Reyn
02-04-2013, 08:18
Not all of their stores prohibit. It is up to the owner. BWW in Birmingham and Tuscaloosa AL is owned by a gun supporter who carries and has no problem with patrons who do.

poikilotrm
02-04-2013, 08:22
Congrats on encountering a decent cop. It is not a common occurence. The manager was pissed because you weren't psychic. That right there is pretty awesome.

kensb2
02-04-2013, 08:28
What about the fear of being left looking like Beetle after Sarge was done with him? Have you not seen The Mayor? ;)

I have yet to meet Okie in person, although I suppose that is a possibility someday. I live a few hours away from him. I can't say that I've ever seen him post a pic of himself here, either. I've only been on the boards for about 9 months, so I certainly could've missed it.

Knighj1
02-04-2013, 09:06
Am I the only one who noticed he dropped the f bomb and it was not blurred(I assume if you quote it is ok)?
Not trying to start anything, but I have none of others to get flagged for much less.

Hauptmann6
02-04-2013, 09:39
:thumbsup:

Though it would probably make more sense to call it by the correct name at the beginning.

Idon't think I've ever heard it called the correct name...

TBO
02-04-2013, 11:20
Congrats on encountering a decent cop. It is not a common occurence. The manager was pissed because you weren't psychic. That right there is pretty awesome.
Personal opinion, or do you have some statistical reference?

SC Tiger
02-04-2013, 11:26
Not angry at all.. And it was a handgun not a long gun. It's there lose of business there are plenty of places that are willing to take my money and not ask me to leave due to my choice to protect myself and my loved ones.

In SC you are not allowed to CC in a restaurant that serves alcohol. There was a push to get that changed but I don't know where it is right now. It is a true pain in the tail honestly.

SC Tiger
02-04-2013, 11:30

Most LEOs I know are good people. Sure there is the occasional jerk but that is true in all professions.

DanaT
02-04-2013, 11:45
Went to Bdubs last night an was waiting for my food to come when a manager approached me.

Were you asked to pay for your food and/or drinks and if so did you?

DanaT
02-04-2013, 11:48

I assume that he does not need any statistical validation to ensure that he is not psychic.

Roering
02-04-2013, 12:12
There are places where you can open carry but not carry concealed. Seems backwards to me. Then again, a lot of laws pertaining to firearms are backwards in this Union.

Officer was probably called on to the scene.

Diesel McBadass
02-04-2013, 12:19
funny i carried my gun into buffalo wild wings last week. It was concealed. Open carry is so stupid

Chesafreak
02-04-2013, 12:22
That's (one of the reasons) why I prefer concealed vs open carry. In Virginia, the signs don't carry force of law unless I'm spotted and asked to leave and refuse (trespassing), so I conceal and ignore the signs. I go to BWW's occasionally and just snicker when I see the signs.

RussP
02-04-2013, 12:26
Sometimes, using discretion is best. OC, however legal, under the current climate is akin to saying "look at me everybody, I'm cool, I'm hip" I just hope you weren't wearing mall ninja duds as well.I agree. OC is just an attention getter.Open carry is one thing, but it just shows how the media has made people freak at the sight of guns. A criminal isn't going to calmly wear one on his hip.Correct, Shagrat, some people do OC for the attention. Others do so for different reasons. You choose
concealed carry. Most people do. Others prefer open carry.

How one carries, when and where, those are personal decisions we all have to make.

Indiana is generally a very open carry friendly state. North Carolina not as much, although I have OCed there at several places in the Benson/Smithfield areas with no issues, no issues at all.

Right now, as GLWyandotte said, the media has everyone whipped into a frenzy about guns, so, yes, the "when and where" components of OC should be reevaluated on an individual basis by those who OC. For some, there'll be no changes. Others may need to temper their "when and where".

And, Indiana LE is, has been, more on our side of the fence than the antis. There are exceptions, of course.

gajones06's problem is how he was treated at BWW. Got any ideas on how to convince BWW corporate to abide by the laws of the states where a store operates instead of what a manager feels should be the law?

cgjane
02-04-2013, 12:28
Just conceal and have your wings. I don't get OC. Really I don't. Must be a compensation thing to walk with your gun out.

If it was concealed how did the manager see it? Concealed is concealed. Imprinting and lazy concealment is the same as OC.

RussP
02-04-2013, 12:37
Personal opinion, or do you have some statistical reference?Check your PM Inbox...

captainstormy
02-04-2013, 12:38
I'm not sure why people continue to be surprised about BW3's policies.

On every single gun board I read, I've seen a BW3's hates guns thread atleast once a month or so.

ancient_serpent
02-04-2013, 13:01
My local BWW has a "No Guns" sign (not the correct legal one) posted out front. Was going to get lunch about a month ago when I saw it, turned around and left. Called them up and spoke to the manager. He didn't really seem to care, but that isn't the point. While my $20 here and there may not hurt much, it will be going to their competitors and adds up over time.

IndyGunFreak
02-04-2013, 13:11

Probably just has experience w/ the ones who post snide come backs on GT.. :rofl:

:wavey:

IndyGunFreak
02-04-2013, 13:14
gajones06's problem is how he was treated at BWW. Got any ideas on how to convince BWW corporate to abide by the laws of the states where a store operates instead of what a manager feels should be the law?

See, this is my thing... You write BWW, and you complain about the manager (his attitude, swearing at you, etc..) because you know you're going to get nowhere complaining about the no gun policy (since they've pretty well stated that's the way it is, it's up to the manager)... "You were attempting to do as he requested so you could enjoy your meal, but he insisted on confronting you in front of the officer and swearing at you..."etc.

You change the manager, you might change the policy.

Glad I just cook at home.. :)

Deaf Smith
02-04-2013, 18:04
Went to Bdubs last night an was waiting for my food to come when a manager approached me. He asked if I was aware that it was a non-carry zone and asked me to either put it my car or leave. I calmly explained that I had not seen a sign anywhere or I would have never come in. As I am walking I out I see a Leo rolling up, manager must have thought I was going on a rampage, once outside I asked the manager where it was posted. This is where it gets good... He said "we don't have to post that." and became visibly upset. I told him he might want to so the next time a legal carrying citizen comes in they can see it and know. He let me know as loud as possible that "its my ****ing store and I will not allow anyone to have a gun and it is my decision to post a sign or not." at this point the cop is right behind me and before I can say a word he informed the manager the next time he calls the police on someone and there is no sign posted they will not send an officer." and "that some who is carrying legally shouldn't be treated like a criminal." at this point the manager walks back inside and the cop ended up apologizing to me for how I was treated. All in all buffalo wild wings will no longer get any of my business or anyone of my friends business.

Outstanding police officer! Look I'm all for good cops. I know they have a hard job and the pay isn't all that good. I'm impressed with this officer.

Sure wish you could send him a thank you!

I haven't seen a 30.06 sign at Buffalo Wild Wings here in Texas but if I do, then it's adios amigo! I'd never darken their door again.

Deaf

John Rambo
02-04-2013, 18:20
ccwhpt

RoyHinkley
02-04-2013, 18:46
I ate at one once. Once.
The food, service, and poor beer selection were enough to keep me out from now on. If your in North Georgia then find a Taco Mac. Been going there since they just had one store. I don't even know what their carry policy is but the wings and beer selection are hard to beat.

poikilotrm
02-04-2013, 21:07

Here ya go:

www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1366227 (http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1366227)

awoodpd13
02-05-2013, 06:20
How did he know??

Open carry is legal for licensees in Georgia.

Lord
02-06-2013, 14:17
damn... I like their wings.... but I don't support businesses that don't support me.

rdbjr57
02-06-2013, 14:42
I was in Frankfort KY this week for a job intervew and decided on BW3 for supper (close to the hotel I stayed in.) Big bold lettters on the front door, "GUNS ARE BANNED FROM BUFFALO WILD WINGS!"

Since that sign carries no legal weight in KY I went in and had my supper. Actually the food and the service were both pretty good. :supergrin:

IndyGunFreak
02-06-2013, 15:49
I was in Frankfort KY this week for a job intervew and decided on BW3 for supper (close to the hotel I stayed in.) Big bold lettters on the front door, "GUNS ARE BANNED FROM BUFFALO WILD WINGS!"

Since that sign carries no legal weight in KY I went in and had my supper. Actually the food and the service were both pretty good. :supergrin:

The signs hold no weight here either, but the OP was advertising, I mean.. open carrying.

IGF

RussP
02-06-2013, 15:54
The signs hold no weight here either, but the OP was advertising, I mean.. open carrying.

IGFAnd there was no sign...

SCmasterblaster
02-06-2013, 16:48
One would think that if an owner objected to CCWing or OCing that there would be a notice posted.

dannym
02-06-2013, 16:51
We go to Buffalo Wild Wings about 1 or 2 times a month. I CC so no one knows I'm carrying and there is no sign that says you cant carry in there...no 30.06 or 51% sign so CCW is allowed. just dont bring in any outside food or the manager will come visit your table for sure!

ca survivor
02-07-2013, 11:56
The op should make a call to the owner of the business and explain the event to him and inform him how stupid his manager was acting.

right, if he is the manager, I'm sure he's not the owner.

jlavallee
02-07-2013, 15:18
Its actual b dub dubs.

You know, I remember when we all used English. I miss those days.

jlavallee
02-07-2013, 15:20

Why support an establishment with such beliefs?

Jade Falcon
02-07-2013, 21:09
Please post a phone number. I'd love to call them and give them a piece of my mind.

Good for you, for the way you handled it, and good job by the Cop.

M1a65
02-08-2013, 02:28
BWW just lost another customer. I vote with my wallet when I want change too. I'll be calling the local store for the heck of it. Time to make our voices know, things are already out of hand as it is with demonizing gun owners...

IndyGunFreak
02-08-2013, 05:43
And there was no sign...

So had he been concealing, nobody would have been the wiser.

Illini_Glock
02-08-2013, 06:32

Indeed. It's being done wrong if people know that one is carrying concealed.

Arc Angel
02-08-2013, 07:00
So Tuesday night we go to an IPSC/USPSA shooting match in Hellertown. Real nice gun club! Built at the bottom of a deep old stone quarry pit, and smack dab in the middle of a sprawling housing development full of large newer homes! (Like the last place in the world you’d expect to find an active and frequently used gun club!) :thumbsup:

Anyway my wife and I don’t eat lunch; and, after the match, we were hungry. We were driving home through Nazareth when, all of a sudden, I see a Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant. I tell Jo, ‘Hey, they’re talking about that place on Glock Talk!’ She asks me what about; and I tell her, ‘Something about some guy with a gun who got into a fight with a manager and, then, got thrown out!’ As I turned into the parking lot, my wife says, ‘You’re not going in there; are you!’ When I answered in the affirmative; she protested, ‘But, we’re both armed, ‘to the teeth’!’

I encouraged her to try the wings and have a beer; so in we went. Us and our guns stayed in there for the better part of an hour; and the waitress did nothing but fawn over us. She was so attentive that my wife left her a $10.00 tip! Know what? We didn’t have any kind of problem, at all, with, ‘Bdubs’ management. Them, us, our three pistols, and the 65 rounds of ammo we were collectively carrying - all got along just fine together.

The beer was good; but, then again, ‘Sam Adams’ is, ‘Sam Adams’. The wings? They were OK, too; but, truthfully, I get better at home. (The girl’s a gourmet cook! Taught her, myself.) ;) Can’t understand, ‘Why’ the OP had a problem? Seems like a perfectly good (franchised) fast food operation to me.

The OP must have run into some sort of bizarre local policy against guns, or something. If anything I’d describe the atmosphere inside our local, ‘Bdubs’ as, 'sleepy'; but, then again, it was a Tuesday night! :dunno:

Ohio Cop
02-08-2013, 07:23
I've carried either a glock 22 or a glock 27 nearly everyday for 4 years.

I have never once been called out as being armed. Nobody pays attention to it. My girlfriend had no idea I was even armed until our fourth or fifth date, when she saw it as I took my fleece off in my house. Now, two years later, she won't let me leave the house without it.

Concealment is necessary.

Mayhem like Me
02-08-2013, 07:24
So Tuesday night we go to an IPSC/USPSA shooting match in Hellertown. Real nice gun club! Built at the bottom of a deep old stone quarry pit, and smack dab in the middle of a sprawling housing development full of large newer homes! (Like the last place in the world you’d expect to find an active and frequently used gun club!) :thumbsup:

Anyway my wife and I don’t eat lunch; and, after the match, we were hungry. We were driving home through Nazareth when, all of a sudden, I see a Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant. I tell Jo, ‘Hey, they’re talking about that place on Glock Talk!’ She asks me what about; and I tell her, ‘Something about some guy with a gun who got into a fight with a manager and, then, got thrown out!’ As I turned into the parking lot, my wife says, ‘You’re not going in there; are you!’ When I answered in the affirmative; she protested, ‘But, we’re both armed, ‘to the teeth’!’

I encouraged her to try the wings and have a beer; so in we went. Us and our guns stayed in there for the better part of an hour; and the waitress did nothing but fawn over us. She was so attentive that my wife left her a $10.00 tip! Know what? We didn’t have any kind of problem, at all, with, ‘Bdubs’ management. Them, us, our three pistols, and the 65 rounds of ammo we were collectively carrying - all got along just fine together.

The beer was good; but, then again, ‘Sam Adams’ is, ‘Sam Adams’. The wings? They were OK, too; but, truthfully, I get better at home. (The girl’s a gourmet cook! Taught her, myself.) ;) Can’t understand, ‘Why’ the OP had a problem? Seems like a perfectly good (franchised) fast food operation to me.

The OP must have run into some sort of bizarre local policy against guns, or something. If anything I’d describe the atmosphere inside our local, ‘Bdubs’ as, 'sleepy'; but, then again, it was a Tuesday night! :dunno:
Were you open carrying and drinking beer ?

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

cgjane
02-08-2013, 08:05
Y'all are allowed to Open Carry and Conceal Carry where they serve alcohol?

IndyGunFreak
02-08-2013, 08:45

Yes... There's actually very few places here in Indiana that you cannot carry. Establishments where they sell/consume alcohol are no problem.

IGF

Beware Owner
02-08-2013, 08:50
This can easily also be another good cop thread...

badge315
02-08-2013, 10:11
Were you asked to pay for your food and/or drinks and if so did you?

At BW3, you order and pay for your food at the register first, then they bring it to your table.

You can CC in restaurants where alcohol is served in Florida, you just can't sit at the bar.

racer88
02-08-2013, 13:53

Your profile indicates being in Miami (Florida, I assume).

In Florida, we can carry concealed into restaurants that serve alcohol. Just can't go into a dedicated bar or sit at the bar.

racer88
02-08-2013, 13:55
At BW3, you order and pay for your food at the register first, then they bring it to your table.

Not the case at any Buffalo Wild Wings I've been to. All of them are sit-down restaurants... order and pay at the table.

HoldHard
02-08-2013, 15:36
From what I've read, BWW has a "No Guns" corporate policy so if it's a corporate store, the policy is followed. If it's a frachise store, then it's up to the owner. This causes a lot of confusion.

Ft. Wayne Indiana has a BWW with a "No Guns" sign on the door. There is an Outback restaurant in the same complex behind the movie theater. (Coventry at I-69 and US24).

Steak beats burnt chicken parts every time. The service is also much, much better.

HH

Arc Angel
02-08-2013, 19:17
Were you open carrying and drinking beer ?

Huh? :headscratch:

This is just a wild guess on my part; but, you must be a, 'rocket scientist'. :tinfoil:

Let me try to clear things up for ya: Pennsylvania state law allows guns to be carried in bars. Within reason, a person with a pistol and a LTCF can even, 'drink' while carrying. So, the first thing you need to do BEFORE making anymore wildass assumptions is to: (1) Actually read the post; (2) CLEARLY DEFINE YOUR TERMS; and (3) keep a civil tongue in your head until, at least, AFTER you know what you're talking about.

This means that you should define the term, 'drinking' before you start running your mouth. If you were to read more, and post less you'd realize that I couldn't possibly have been drinking.

(Unless, of course, you define the phrase, 'the better part of an hour' and one beer as, 'drinking'.)

You've been on this board for long enough to recognize me as a licensed gunman who is strongly opposed to what I consider to be highly inconsiderate open weapon carry among the general public. I, even, got recently taken to task and charged with, 'trolling' on this board by a cockeyed forum moderator who's argued this point with me many times. (He has his own brand of, 'truth' and doesn't like losing!) :supergrin:

Other than this I'm a heart patient; and my cardiologist would be very upset with me if he were to discover that I had suddenly started, 'drinking'. In fact we still have about a half dozen bottles of high quality liquor left over from our wedding; e.g.: Jack Daniels (Black Label), Chivas Regal, Tanqueray, some expensive vodka, and a very old bottle of Courvoisier Cognac.

(Know what? We were married more than 40 years ago!) :supergrin:

itstime
02-08-2013, 19:29
All and all a good story. I liked the managers stupidity in front of LEO and how. The officer handled it.

Now you know where not to spend money.

cgjane
02-08-2013, 20:12
I stay away from Alcohol when I am carrying, Just in case.

I wouldn't want to be on the stand under cross examination being asked how many drinks I had before I had to defend myself.

Bill Lumberg
02-09-2013, 07:07
Sounds like a little embellishment on what was actually said. Don't carry where posted (apparently, in this case, the venue was not), and don't be mad if you look for attention and then get it.

Mayhem like Me
02-09-2013, 09:45
Huh? :headscratch:

This is just a wild guess on my part; but, you must be a, 'rocket scientist'. :tinfoil:

Let me try to clear things up for ya: Pennsylvania state law allows guns to be carried in bars. Within reason, a person with a pistol and a LTCF can even, 'drink' while carrying. So, the first thing you need to do BEFORE making anymore wildass assumptions is to: (1) Actually read the post; (2) CLEARLY DEFINE YOUR TERMS; and (3) keep a civil tongue in your head until, at least, AFTER you know what you're talking about.

This means that you should define the term, 'drinking' before you start running your mouth. If you were to read more, and post less you'd realize that I couldn't possibly have been drinking.

(Unless, of course, you define the phrase, 'the better part of an hour' and one beer as, 'drinking'.)

You've been on this board for long enough to recognize me as a licensed gunman who is strongly opposed to what I consider to be highly inconsiderate open weapon carry among the general public. I, even, got recently taken to task and charged with, 'trolling' on this board by a cockeyed forum moderator who's argued this point with me many times. (He has his own brand of, 'truth' and doesn't like losing!) :supergrin:

Other than this I'm a heart patient; and my cardiologist would be very upset with me if he were to discover that I had suddenly started, 'drinking'. In fact we still have about a half dozen bottles of high quality liquor left over from our wedding; e.g.: Jack Daniels (Black Label), Chivas Regal, Tanqueray, some expensive vodka, and a very old bottle of Courvoisier Cognac.

(Know what? We were married more than 40 years ago!) :supergrin:
Nice ramble .

I was wondering what the point was.

You should try being direct.

Arc Angel
02-09-2013, 11:12
Nice ramble .

I was wondering what the point was.

You should try being direct.

:headscratch: Hey! If you don't get it, you don't get it; but, it's not fair of you to take your mental obtusion or incompetence out on me. (Now, is that direct enough for you?) :supergrin:

PS: I can do better! ;)

Mayhem like Me
02-09-2013, 11:59
:headscratch: Hey! If you don't get it, you don't get it; but, it's not fair of you to take your mental obtusion or incompetence out on me. (Now, is that direct enough for you?) :supergrin:

PS: I can do better! ;)

No you still don't get it and are only embarrassing yourself... I'm sure it doesn't look that way to you.

Ohio Cop
02-09-2013, 12:45
No you still don't get it and are only embarrassing yourself... I'm sure it doesn't look that way to you.

Any prosecutor worth their salt would have a field day with a CCW permit holder drunk and carrying here let alone using your weapon in public with any amount of alcohol.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.15

And if you enjoy riding dirty:

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.16

Booze and guns don't mix I don't care how you swing your age, life experience or health.

Beretta92guy
02-09-2013, 14:06
does anyone remember the beginning of "Die Hard 3"??

where bruce willis was standing on the street in da' hood with a sandwich board that said "I HATE N (word)??

these open carry stories always remind me of that scene.........

was it legal?? yeah!! was it the best thing to do?? no!!

G17gen3
02-09-2013, 20:08
I enjoyed the OP's post. Law abiding citizens need respect and be appreciated for what we bring to society. Especially those of us who CC. We are not a problem we are a plan B for an existing problem.

porschedog
02-09-2013, 20:14
"Dubs" = W

Arc Angel
02-10-2013, 08:22

:shocked: Gee, that's funny! I was thinking the same thing about you. You know, between the two of us, you began this conversation by insinuating that I drank and carried a gun at the same time. Now you're accusing me of embarrassing myself.

You really left me little choice but to explain my behavior that evening. I didn't make a nasty insinuation about you. YOU did that to me! Then you feigned mental obtusion and pretended not to understand what you had done. Between the two of us I'd say that you're the one who has the most to be ashamed of; and, right now, you're being pretty adamant about it.

Tell ya what: Sooner or later we, all, answer for whatever each of us has done wrong. You'll answer for your mistakes; and I'll answer for mine. You baited me and forced me to defend myself; AND I'm sure that you damned well realize it, too.

If I were to allow this dialogue to continue, then (Who knows?) I might actually embarrass myself; but, I'm satisfied with the explanation you've forced me to make. Not only am I NOT a drinker; but I never have been a drinker - Not once in my entire life! Today, especially, 'drinking' would be a form of suicide for someone like me!

I'm going to end it now. If experience is a reliable guide, sooner or later, really clever fellows like you always end up outsmarting themselves. (Because life works like that!) So, I'm going to just let you go, and get on with your behaviors. One of these days you'll understand, 'What' I mean. THEN we'll see who's really embarrassed. A last word, though: You know what I find particularly ironic? Your screen name! Did you pick it out all by yourself? :supergrin:

Forget about the, 'embarrassment ploy'. You owe me an apology. It's just that you don't, yet, realize it. :shame:

SCmasterblaster
02-10-2013, 13:25
Has it ever been established if the OP guy was CCWing or OCing?

Bill Lumberg
02-10-2013, 13:30
I never saw anything to indicate whether he was sloppy or ignorant. Either way, lesson learned.

SCmasterblaster
02-10-2013, 13:32
Has it ever been established if the OP guy was CCWing or OCing?