Nighthawk Costa Recon [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Nighthawk Costa Recon

Roydrage
02-01-2013, 16:45
I've got a lot of nice 1911's But OMG my Friends Nighthawk Chris Costa Recon is the nicest thing I've ever SEEN:wow:

Wow...

Royd

TSAX
02-01-2013, 16:49
:cool:

http://www.recoilweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Nighthawk-Costa-Recon-09.jpg

:50cal:

JAS104
02-01-2013, 16:54
NEED.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

SpringerTGO
02-01-2013, 16:56
After my experience with Nighthawk I wouldn't touch one at any price.

Roydrage
02-01-2013, 16:58
After my experience with Nighthawk I wouldn't touch one at any price.

I've got all the Heavy hitters, and My Enforcer Shoots Hole thru Hole @ 50ft...

I swear by them.

Royd

SpringerTGO
02-01-2013, 17:24

I swear by them.

Royd

Other than a problem with the extractor and POS ambi safety, mine is accurate. But next time I spend that much on another 1911 I'll deal with a company that treats it's customers with appreciation, and doesn't accuse them of lying..... especially over something as small as a safety.
I'll also deal with a company that rather than solve the problem, (posts in a different 1911 forum) if you don't like it sell it.

Roydrage
02-01-2013, 17:28
Other than a problem with the extractor and POS ambi safety, mine is accurate. But next time I spend that much on another 1911 I'll deal with a company that treats it's customers with appreciation, and doesn't accuse them of lying..... especially over something as small as a safety.
I'll also deal with a company that rather than solve the problem, (posts in a different 1911 forum) if you don't like it sell it.

Really... !

They are alway nice to me when I call... That's not cool.

Royd

skew12
02-01-2013, 17:32

Now that's just flat out ****ty. I don't blame you.

Quack
02-01-2013, 23:39
Is NH still using the Kimber ambi's?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Roydrage
02-01-2013, 23:51

Supposedly anything made after last April has all "Machined from Billet Parts"

What Wilson Calls "Bullet Proof"

Royd

bac1023
02-02-2013, 06:50

I think they stopped that a while back, Don.

I've got an Enforcer from 2008 and it doesn't have one. My Predator from 2007 does have the Kimber ambi.

bac1023
02-02-2013, 06:52

I swear by them.

RoydThe Enforcer is my favorite Nighthawk. :cool:

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc398/cutillo_2011/047.jpg

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc398/cutillo_2011/050.jpg

dakrat
02-02-2013, 07:03
they make great 1911s for sure. whats lame is both Nighthawk and Wilson makes 1911s with magwell without a magwell specific grips. instead they use beveled bottom grips:( the other two big names got it right

bac1023
02-02-2013, 07:51
they make great 1911s for sure. whats lame is both Nighthawk and Wilson makes 1911s with magwell without a magwell specific grips. instead they use beveled bottom grips:( the other two big names got it right

Actually, in a case like my Enforcer, standard thickness non-beveled grips wouldn't fit correctly. The magwell is thin and part of the frame, not staked on or screwed on.

To the contrary, I don't think Les Baer offers any grips that are beveled, other than perhaps the Thunder Ranch thin grips. :dunno:

dakrat
02-02-2013, 08:14
Actually, in a case like my Enforcer, standard thickness non-beveled grips wouldn't fit correctly. The magwell is thin and part of the frame, not staked on or screwed on.

To the contrary, I don't think Les Baer offers any grips that are beveled, other than perhaps the Thunder Ranch thin grips. :dunno:

good point Bac, as we know Les is a simplistic man. providing us with great semi-custom at the lowest price possible even if it means shipping them in cardboard boxes with only 1 magazine. logistic standpoint, the flat bottom grips works for both of his magwelled and non magwell 1911s. also great for his 2 piece magwell on and off.

bac1023
02-02-2013, 09:09
good point Bac, as we know Les is a simplistic man. providing us with great semi-custom at the lowest price possible even if it means shipping them in cardboard boxes with only 1 magazine. logistic standpoint, the flat bottom grips works for both of his magwelled and non magwell 1911s. also great for his 2 piece magwell on and off.

Yeah, the grips are very plain - no diamonds, no beveling, just a full checkered no frills wood grip.

Quack
02-02-2013, 09:11
Yeah, the grips are very plain - no diamonds, no beveling, just a full checkered no frills wood grip.

stop it. the Ahrends full checkered grips are my favorite. :supergrin:

TSAX
02-02-2013, 09:47
I swear by them.

Royd

I do also, I have a buddy with a Predator and Ive shot at a few ranges that have a GRP and another with a Talon for rent. These are some great guns.

Tiger85
02-02-2013, 10:52
Here is my Nighthawk Talon that I purchased a few years back. It is simply an amazing pistol! It is by far the most accurate and forgiving handgun I have ever owned. 230922

kodiakpb
02-02-2013, 11:06
:cool:

http://www.recoilweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Nighthawk-Costa-Recon-09.jpg

Beautiful!

bac1023
02-02-2013, 15:53
Here is my Nighthawk Talon that I purchased a few years back. It is simply an amazing pistol! It is by far the most accurate and forgiving handgun I have ever owned. 230922

Very nice

Roydrage
02-02-2013, 16:40
My Favorite Gun Period is my Enforcer... It's not the prettiest but it shoots the best.

The Grips are so thin that they are underneath the spring tube for safety, and slide stop, instead of over it... Aluminum is the only thing that would work, wood would flake away and brake... With the high cut trigger guard this thing is amazing to hold.

Roydhttp://www.brooklynspizza.net/NH2.jpg

Jim Watson
02-02-2013, 16:47
Who is this Costa chap that they are naming guns after him?

The Grips are so thin that they are underneath the spring tube for safety, and slide stop, instead of over it

Then I would want an integral or soldered down plunger tube.
The standard grip overlapping the plunger tube is a safety measure so you don't lose it if the staking fails.

Quack
02-02-2013, 17:59
Who is this Costa chap that they are naming guns after him?

it's this little guy...

http://photosbydon.smugmug.com/Other/SHOT-Show-2012-Day-3/i-tFzBWVc/1/L/DSC_6842-L.jpg

SouthpawG26
02-02-2013, 18:40
He also used to develop parts and make instruction DVDs for carbine, shotgun and handgun for this little obscure company called Magpul. ..:supergrin:

Jackalo626
02-02-2013, 19:37
Very overpriced. I am not saying the gun isn't nice but the price is extremely out of reason.

Ruggles
02-02-2013, 20:06
I would like minus the FCS please :)

I would imagine it shoots lights outs.

Rinspeed
02-03-2013, 08:26
Very overpriced. I am not saying the gun isn't nice but the price is extremely out of reason.

I've always thought that about NHC after seeing pics of some of the dogs they let out the door. :faint:

harleypower69
02-03-2013, 09:49
Envy, but that is the beauty of a democracy. You get to buy and shoot what you like and can afford. You can freely say what you think with no fear. I love my NHC Enforcer with the Predator barrel system and I tell everyone who asks about it. It has functioned flawlessly with every type of ammo. It tears one hole at 25 yards consistently. I have always been treated like a valued customer in my dealings with NHC. I had no problem with the price because I found value in this gun, it works well for me. I am selling my Dan Wesson Valor which I previously thought was the best 1911 I had ever owned. The rest of my .45's are Glocks.

spcwes
02-03-2013, 09:53

Only issue with their weapons is I would feel horrible about spending thousands of bucks on one and then rolling around during training in the gravel or mud with it in my holster.

My 1911s are more accurate than me and as long as I maintain them and practice with them my $1200 or less guns do everything that one will and I feel better (not great) about the gravel and mud lol.

mleroux21
02-03-2013, 18:25
The railed costa does look nice!!!

Marc

Saberman
02-03-2013, 18:57
My favorite is my NHC Talon II Bobtail. So sweet, and feels so nice in hand.

TSAX
02-04-2013, 00:26
NHC Costa Recon Signature Series .45 ACP Review - YouTube

SpringerTGO
02-04-2013, 11:50
Envy, but that is the beauty of a democracy. You get to buy and shoot what you like and can afford. You can freely say what you think with no fear. I love my NHC Enforcer with the Predator barrel system and I tell everyone who asks about it. It has functioned flawlessly with every type of ammo. It tears one hole at 25 yards consistently. I have always been treated like a valued customer in my dealings with NHC. I had no problem with the price because I found value in this gun, it works well for me. I am selling my Dan Wesson Valor which I previously thought was the best 1911 I had ever owned. The rest of my .45's are Glocks.

It's great that your Nighthawk as been so reliable and they have treated you so well. Then again, you won't really know about their service until it breaks, will you? Or until you order something from them and it is not as described.

harleypower69
02-11-2013, 15:12
Many dealings with them and always got what I wanted, on time and as specified. I am sorry that you (a fellow shooter) did not have a good experience with them. If you are happy with what you choose to shoot then good for you. NHC (and LMT) get my hard earned money because they both produce a robust product and back up their word with action. I respect them. That is all.

SpringerTGO
02-11-2013, 17:07
Many dealings with them and always got what I wanted, on time and as specified. I am sorry that you (a fellow shooter) did not have a good experience with them. If you are happy with what you choose to shoot then good for you. NHC (and LMT) get my hard earned money because they both produce a robust product and back up their word with action. I respect them. That is all.

I agree with you on LMT. I have a couple of their rifles.
It's been a while, but if you do a little searching in a different 1911 forum, you can read where Larry Lyles (from Nighthawk) would have fixed my problems but didn't like my attitude. He also said if I don't like the gun, sell it. That's after being called a liar by the owner of Nighthawk, because I told him his representative (Tim) told me the Nighthawk safety was as reliable as the Wilson Bullet Proof safety, when he was helping me choose the features on my T3.
Kind of hard to dispute their bad attitude when they post it right there on a 1911 site.

harleypower69
02-12-2013, 15:19
I agree with you on LMT. I have a couple of their rifles.
It's been a while, but if you do a little searching in a different 1911 forum, you can read where Larry Lyles (from Nighthawk) would have fixed my problems but didn't like my attitude. He also said if I don't like the gun, sell it. That's after being called a liar by the owner of Nighthawk, because I told him his representative (Tim) told me the Nighthawk safety was as reliable as the Wilson Bullet Proof safety, when he was helping me choose the features on my T3.
Kind of hard to dispute their bad attitude when they post it right there on a 1911 site.

That is pretty poor of them, I agree. Sorry you had such a bad run with them.

SpringerTGO
02-12-2013, 16:44
That is pretty poor of them, I agree. Sorry you had such a bad run with them.

Thanks.
Seriously, I'm glad things have worked out for you with Nighthawk.
Eventually I'm going to sell mine. Not because it doesn't shoot well, but I can't stand looking at it. After being called a liar (over a cheap part on a $3K 1911) it doesn't have the appeal a handgun in the price range should have.