What a difference a belt makes [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What a difference a belt makes

sweetsdream
02-02-2013, 09:00
I've read a hundred times that a good gun belt makes a big difference but I never gave it all that much credence. Well, I ordered a belt from Beltman and wow! It does make a major difference. I ordered a ready made belt he has on the website and I got it a few days later. I you're on the fence or skeptical like I was, don't be, get one today if you carry IWB.

Tom

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

barth
02-02-2013, 09:05
I went for years, actually decades, without a real gun belt.
Destroyed several regular belts along the way.
Finally got a Galco SB1.
Now I have a DeSantis and Blackhawk too.

Don't know what took me so long to figure it out.
But I can't imagine carrying a gun without a gun belt these days.
Even Pocket carry is sweeter with a quality gun belt.

RBid
02-02-2013, 10:09
I agree.

Currently wearing a Bladetech belt, DeSantis Speed Scabbard, and Walther PPQ 9mm. The belt makes it all work.

janice6
02-02-2013, 10:19
If you have not had the experience of a good gun belt, it is really hard to believe.

It is also hard to believe how well built and durable they are, and how long they last.

One of mine is 12 years old and still an everyday wear. The other is new, but many years old and has not been necessary, so far, to replace the first one. Didn't realize they would last so long and hold up so good.

They are a very good buy.

Hamrhed
02-02-2013, 14:08
Good call, Tom: I intend to do just that!

Dave.1
02-02-2013, 16:02
Just got this Last Chance heavy duty belt from Cabela's.
http://www.cabelas.com/mens-belts-suspenders-cabelas-chance-heavy-duty-belt-2.shtml

Works great with a Speed Scabbard and Beretta 92A1. Very comfortable all day and they're made here in CO about an hour away from home.

Dave

CanMan
02-02-2013, 16:12
If you have not had the experience of a good gun belt, it is really hard to believe.

It is also hard to believe how well built and durable they are, and how long they last.

One of mine is 12 years old and still an everyday wear.

I'm working on year # 10 for my first belt. Bought another one a while back 'cause I thought I'd wear the first one out. Not a chance! A really good belt is right up there with some of the other things we use every day and take for granted. No snide comments either......

ScottieG59
02-02-2013, 20:45
I broke my last non-gun belt. I finally went with something that does not stretch or break (hopefully). I had been using the Dickies work belt for a while and it seemed okay until the leather around the hole would stretch and the leather started to split, making the belt pop open.

I went with a couple 5.11 belts because I wanted something that adjusts exactly and not to the nearest hole. Because I do not have to over tighten the belt, it does not seem to bother my back (I have disc damage from my years in the Army).

I bought a Tactical Trainer and an Operator belt. The Operator is wider and stiffer. Both have stainless steel buckles.

I know there are better options, at a much higher cost. So far, I am liking the difference.

Indianashooter
02-02-2013, 21:03
+1 on a good belt. I'm on my second Galco belt; the first one lasted almost 15 years. Try that with a belt bought at WalMart!

GIG4FUN
02-02-2013, 23:15
I bought one three years ago when I had extra bonus funds... I was buying a few holsters and the man on the other end of the phone suggested it to me.
I basically bought it on a whim BUT now I have learned what an important part it is. It is a must have in my view.

RPVG
02-03-2013, 00:26
No doubt about it. A "real" gun belt is like night and day. You'll never know the difference until you experience it.

racer88
02-03-2013, 12:54
A proper, REAL gun belt is a critical piece of the EDC puzzle.

I've got 2 Beltman belts and 1 from Crossbreed.

beforeobamabans
02-03-2013, 13:01
Congrats on your Beltman. This product is a real American craftsman treasure. You know, Jim will retire one of these days and his belts will no longer be available. Buy 'em while you can. I have seven.

IndyGunFreak
02-03-2013, 13:08
Glad you saw the light.

Cwlongshot
02-03-2013, 13:14
Twenty years or so ago, I bought a Safariland formed belt with a stiffener. I wore it for over ten years before retiring it for a instructors belt. I have three now. (Lost 75# and needed a smaller model) I LOVE them!!!

http://www.thewilderness.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=142&pg=1

CW

nostalgiaguy
02-03-2013, 14:19
I generally use a Bianchi Fancy stitch tan leather belt . Or my Wilderness Belt. I love them both . My first Bianchi took me 20 years to wear out.

Steel Head
02-03-2013, 15:14
Twenty years or so ago, I bought a Safariland formed belt with a stiffener. I wore it for over ten years before retiring it for a instructors belt. I have three now. (Lost 75# and needed a smaller model) I LOVE them!!!

http://www.thewilderness.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=142&pg=1

CW

I agree,GREAT BELTS.
I need to get a new one,I'm shrinking:supergrin: