Regarding Rubio on Amnisty.....here's a ? we'll all have to wrestle with. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Rubio on Amnisty.....here's a ? we'll all have to wrestle with.

hogship
02-02-2013, 19:26
I am not now, nor have ever been for amnesty. These illegals are here because they broke the law........but, after hearing Rubio on Rush's show, I asked a co-worker:

If we could close the borders for good, would you be willing to overlook the Amnesty issue?

He had to think that one over, and never really answered.....but, it wasn't a quick "no".

I then asked if we could get the borders closed, could he accept allowing amnesty for the illegals......if they could not vote for 25 years. His answer was quick, and his answer was "yes".

With that stipulation, I'd accept amnesty, as well.....but, only if the border is shut down for good with a way to make sure that happened. This inability to vote stipulation is Rush's idea, or I heard it on his show anyway, but I'd be good with that. Only trouble is, the democrats want votes, and amnesty is a way to get them. It has never been about any humanitarian concerns.......all that is fake, from the git-go.

So......I'm asking the same questions of anyone who'd care to answer:

Could you accept amnesty for illegals if the border was shut down for good?

ooc

maxsnafu
02-02-2013, 19:38
Could you accept amnesty for illegals if the border was shut down for good?

ooc

No, because the ones already here have such a high fertility rate that if they're not made to leave we will be overrun whether the border is closed or not.

SGT HATRED
02-02-2013, 19:50
I can not accept amnesty of any kind. Living in Arizona my entire life I have seen first hand it's negative impact on all things.

SPIN2010
02-02-2013, 20:00
Amnesty. UNREAL!

No, I do not agree with amnesty for illegals in any form. Deport, reapply, and wait just like all the legal immigrants did. I view that as a politician breaking the law for votes, impeach and remove ASAP.

hogship
02-02-2013, 20:17
I hear you guys........

The alternative will be no amnesty, and no border control.

Neither the Republicans or Democrats are going to do what we want, or what the law says.

Maybe our best hope is to get a conservative GOP nomination........or, start a new political party......neither a good overall possibility for now.

So what is the solution?.......do nothing?

ooc

G17Jake
02-02-2013, 20:27
Why do people want to be here in these united states?

GAFinch
02-02-2013, 21:42
Ideally, no, but it's too late now that it's been an open secret for decades that the border is porous, student visa expirations aren't strictly monitored, and that some areas just don't enforce existing immigration laws. I'd be fine with tightening immigration laws and then working out some reasonable plan to deal with them. Unfortunately, if the existing laws aren't enforced now then any new ones to tighten security won't be enforced either.

JBnTX
02-02-2013, 22:04
Securing the border has to be priority number one.

Our southern border is NOT secure. Until it is, amnesty is just a magnet for all the worlds throwaway citizens.

Once amnesty is granted to the 12 million already here, in just a short period of time there'll be 12 million more, then 20 million more, then 50 million more.